2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Finally drove my `11 GT last night..

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/10, 06:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Good info there. I figured it had to be a programming issue. That just would NOT make sense...
Old 5/26/10, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Good info there. I figured it had to be a programming issue. That just would NOT make sense...
It was pissing me off having to start the car twice, I kept thinking something was wrong with the car.. The dealership not having a clue wasn't helping much either. Anyways, glad I got the MYKEY crap turned off and can use the remote start the way it was intended to work.
Old 5/26/10, 09:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by twohitta
...snip....
Thanks for posting that. I didn't even think about it being tied to MyKey. I'll have to play around with it once I actually take possession of the car this weekend.
Old 5/26/10, 09:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok, finally get a chance to update the thread with some pictures. The gf is a terrible photographer, so I apologize in advance. I'll be taking the car out this weekend to a park or something to get some legit pictures with my DSLR, but these will have to do until then.

Some of them aren't the best, but it's a start. I promise, some good ones this weekend.
Old 5/26/10, 09:44 PM

Looks awesome, congrats. White looks really good, looking forward to seeing more pics after you have a chance to get it nice and clean. From the door pic you posted, the Saddle Brown accents looks very nice also.
Old 5/26/10, 09:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by twohitta
Looks awesome, congrats. White looks really good, looking forward to seeing more pics after you have a chance to get it nice and clean. From the door pic you posted, the Saddle Brown accents looks very nice also.
The saddle looks awesome with the black. She took a few pics of the actual seats, but they were covered in plastic still, so they don't really show the color. I promise I'll have a lot more interior shots after this weekend.
Old 5/26/10, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by kierankelly
The saddle looks awesome with the black. She took a few pics of the actual seats, but they were covered in plastic still, so they don't really show the color. I promise I'll have a lot more interior shots after this weekend.
If I would have ordered mine instead of buying it off the lot, I would have gone with the Saddle interior. I think it looks a little more luxurious and breaks up the black nicely.
Old 5/27/10, 04:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Dealer called and said it was cleaned, so I stopped by on my way home from work. It's amazing how much better the car looks when it's all nice and fresh.

Only problem was I got there too late and they had already applied the stupid dealer decal to the trunk. What's the best way to get that off? I'll be doing that this weekend. I hate that. I told the salesman before to not put it on, but I guess there was a miscommunication.

Dealer has her sitting right out front and they told me that 12 people had already stopped in and wanted to buy it. Killed me to have to leave her there again. Stupid banks and their paperwork.
Old 5/27/10, 04:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
White/Saddle. I'd rock it (with the manual ). I'd tell the dealer I want another $500 off for them putting the **** sticker on when you instructed them not to. You can use a heat gun and try to peal it off with your fingers if it hasn't been on there long. Now you run the risk of scratching your paint. I'd be pissed.
Old 5/27/10, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

It was just cleaned today, so it will be on there about 48 hours by the time I get her home.

Just use a hair dryer and heat it up and peel? I'm hoping that will do it.
Old 5/27/10, 05:29 PM
GT Member

Looks really nice. I really do like white 2005 & up Mustang looks. I'd love to have the Ford navigation too. I'm sure you'll enjoy that car.
Old 5/27/10, 08:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kierankelly
Dealer called and said it was cleaned, so I stopped by on my way home from work. It's amazing how much better the car looks when it's all nice and fresh.

Only problem was I got there too late and they had already applied the stupid dealer decal to the trunk. What's the best way to get that off? I'll be doing that this weekend. I hate that. I told the salesman before to not put it on, but I guess there was a miscommunication.

Dealer has her sitting right out front and they told me that 12 people had already stopped in and wanted to buy it. Killed me to have to leave her there again. Stupid banks and their paperwork.
Very easy, tell the dealer that they need to get one of the lot guys out there to clean it off or you want $X for an advertising fee. You told them not to put it on, they did, they have to fix it. They are very easy to take off, even after 48 hours, super simple. You probably won't even need a hair dryer if it's warm outside. It's just the point of it all, it's a huge pet peeve of mine (obviously).

Regardless, the car looks gorgeous. I originally ordered my 05 white, then changed to black. I have a big soft spot for the white ones. That saddle interior is slick as well. And good job on the nav unit. I'm seeing other threads about the autos just killing it at the track, so all in all, looks like you got an awesome setup there.
Old 5/27/10, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by iBookmaster
Looks really nice. I really do like white 2005 & up Mustang looks. I'd love to have the Ford navigation too. I'm sure you'll enjoy that car.
I've always wanted a Mustang, either blue with white stripes or white with blue stripes. Once I saw the Kona Blue, I knew that wasn't for me. I got the white and have no regrets at all. I'll be adding blue stripes in the next few months and it'll be the way I really want it.

The navigation is awesome. I've only been in the car for about 10 minutes, but even in that short time, I found ti very easy to get around the system. Well worth the extra money. Plus, it integrates into the dash so **** well.

Originally Posted by azoufan
Very easy, tell the dealer that they need to get one of the lot guys out there to clean it off or you want $X for an advertising fee. You told them not to put it on, they did, they have to fix it. They are very easy to take off, even after 48 hours, super simple. You probably won't even need a hair dryer if it's warm outside. It's just the point of it all, it's a huge pet peeve of mine (obviously).

Regardless, the car looks gorgeous. I originally ordered my 05 white, then changed to black. I have a big soft spot for the white ones. That saddle interior is slick as well. And good job on the nav unit. I'm seeing other threads about the autos just killing it at the track, so all in all, looks like you got an awesome setup there.
I'll probably give the dealer a call tomorrow and ask them to remove it. It's not that big, but it still bothers me. If not, I'll just peel them off once I get home. Should be simple right?

Thanks for the compliments on the car. The white just looks awesome, especially with the saddle. Definitely a nice contrast to all of the black on the inside. I'm not concerned about the Auto. I know I'll get some flack about it on here, but it's just too much of a pain in the *** to have a stick around here.

Can't wait to finally take possession. It kills me knowing that it's just sitting there waiting for me.
Old 5/27/10, 08:32 PM
Cobra Member

nice looking car, white looks great!!

Removing that sticker is easy as its only been on a couple of days so the adhesive is not fully set if you will. Use a hair dryer and just move it back and forth the same time pulling it off. Then take some polish or mild abrasive wax/polish and clean the area.
Old 5/27/10, 08:41 PM
Bullitt Member

That's good to hear. It'll be hard to have the car sit in the driveway for a few mins while I do this, but it's a necessity.

Can't wait to drive this all day Saturday.
Old 5/27/10, 08:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Sweet lookin' ride
Old 5/27/10, 08:50 PM

Congrats on your new stang,by the way the picks look good tks for sharing

Tim L
Old 5/27/10, 09:35 PM
GT Member

Sweet ride. Congrats!!! Love the saddle interior.
Old 5/28/10, 02:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Take the sticker off yourself.

Some used car dealers take old stickers off with razor blades. Any chips in the paint get covered with their new sticker...
Old 5/28/10, 01:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by azoufan

When I ordered my 05 I made them put it in the paperwork that it wouldn't get a sticker. I got the call that it had arrived and there was a sticker on the back. It was a huge ugly thing that looked like a circus tent. (http://www.ewaldauto.com/) So I asked the sales guy and he said, "oh you can just take it off really easy." And I said, "no, you'll be taking it off and repairing any damaged paint." When I came back you couldn't tell it was ever there.

Quick Reply: Finally drove my `11 GT last night..