Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Finally......

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/14, 10:07 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 14Glassback
Thanks Deysha... But I already had mine to the Dealer and they said it is normal... Appreciate it though!
You’re welcome, 14Glassback! If you’re not comfortable with their findings, you’re welcome to get a second opinion from a different Ford Dealer and have them fully diagnose your vehicle. Let me know if you do so.

Deysha
Old 7/21/14, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 14Glassback
Thanks Deysha... But I already had mine to the Dealer and they said it is normal... Appreciate it though!
Old 8/2/14, 06:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Now I'm not sure if this is the same issue as the OP, but starting in first gear, under very light throttle and feathering out the clutch, I get a noise kind of like tin heatshields rattling. If I use no throttle and feather it out to just roll forward slightly, or if I use a little more throttle, it doesn't do it.

If I'm stopped, foot on the brake, neutral and foot off the clutch, and I take my foot off the brake, clutch in and shift into first, I get a clunk at the back of the car that jerks the car forward slightly. This clunk happens just a hair BEFORE the shifter goes into first, or as it's sliding through the gate but not quite full in yet. If it happened as the shifter came to rest in 1st, I probably wouldn't even notice it, it's the timing that seems strange to me.
Wow, okay, bumping up this thread and quoting my own post, because others have mentioned these issues. I've fixed the first one for sure and possibly the second though I'll admit I wasn't looking for it on my test outing.

Here's what I did: I installed an MGW shifter.

The tinny rattly noise feathering out the clutch under very light throttle is completely gone. I don't know if it's some of the dynamat or the MGW heatshield or just everything being more solid, but the noise is nowhere to be heard. I was just driving and noted on one take off when I was expecting it to happen, it wasn't there. So I started trying to duplicate it and I can't.

The clunk as the shifter slides into first is also gone. I'm wondering if it's related to some additional movement in the stock shifter assembly. Just a theory. I'll report back on this one with more seat time.

But yeah, no service appointment needed, just a new (expensive but worth it) shifter.