2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

A few minor "issues" with the 11' GT

Search this Thread

Old 5/22/11, 04:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DCS
He may just be unaware what the Magnum-Moss Warranty Act is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemon_Law

ssimaniac, you're right. Someone should get their facts right.

Yeah, get your facts straight. Do more research what a lemon law is and how it varies state to state. It's only for a certain amount of time and after that, you can't file a lemon. However, you can file for damages under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.

And I keep referring that I had a "lemon" since it's much easier to understand to the general public, as opposed to trying to explain what the MM Warranty Act is. Get a life and stop trying to scrutinize me.

Last edited by ssimaniac; 5/22/11 at 04:03 PM.
Old 5/23/11, 10:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ssimaniac
Yeah, get your facts straight. Do more research what a lemon law is and how it varies state to state. It's only for a certain amount of time and after that, you can't file a lemon. However, you can file for damages under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.

And I keep referring that I had a "lemon" since it's much easier to understand to the general public, as opposed to trying to explain what the MM Warranty Act is. Get a life and stop trying to scrutinize me.
No, this is what you keep saying:

Let them repair it one more time and than lemon law it. I had the infamous leak in my 2006, had to lemon law it after 10 attempts and 40 days in service. Finally, they figured out that the robot sealing the car wasn't calibrated and it left a hole.

Quality, Ford. You don't want to mess with water, especially when it's on the fuse box. That car will never be the same. Rust, mold etc.
I cant seem to find where you said you did it under the Magnuson. Its amazing you got enough to buy a 2011 out of a Magnuson claim.
Old 5/23/11, 10:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by falhulk
No, this is what you keep saying:

I cant seem to find where you said you did it under the Magnuson. Its amazing you got enough to buy a 2011 out of a Magnuson claim.
"And I keep referring that I had a "lemon" since it's much easier to understand to the general public, as opposed to trying to explain what the MM Warranty Act is. ."

And where did I say how much I got?

Last edited by ssimaniac; 5/23/11 at 10:46 AM.
Old 5/23/11, 02:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by WeinerDog
I have 3.73's and no whining at all.
Most of the whining seems to be in this (and similar) threads.
Old 5/23/11, 04:00 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Alright, it's time to do a small review on all the issues on the mustang so far (had the car for 2 weeks now).

1. I have the Brembo Package. When I drive over certain bumps or for example when the road is being paved and I drive through the rough patch with no asphalt, it feels as though I have a handful of quarters in my glove compartment and they all rattle. Just sometimes, this rattle occurs and I'm not sure if I'm missing some dampers/suspension or it's just normal.

2. I have the Shaker 1000. When I turn up the Bass on it, I can hear rattles coming from the rear. It seemed like it was the seats, the belts but I tracked it back to the trunk. The trunk itself was rattling (I have no spoiler). I put a small towel between the sub and the plastic near the tail light to see if the rattle would go away. For now, it seems to be fine.

3. I had a Mustang before, 2006, [b]so I'm a bit familiar with the rear noise while driving with your radio off. However, in my GT now, I can hear this sort of whistling sound of the wheels when the car is moving, coming from the trunk area. It sounds like a machine spinning constantly at a high rate and it makes that whirling sound. During the night and during the day even, if the radio is off, you can hear pretty noticeably. You can hear it A LOT when the rear seats are down. It sounds like a tank.[/bp A bit annoying but that's fine for now.

4. The transmission in this car just sucks. I had my tranny replaced first day I bought the car. New tranny, new clutch, new shifter. Why? Because my first gear kept popping back out and wouldn't stay in place. However, now that I drove it for 2 weeks, I can see that it's still crappy. It's not very smooth from 1st to 2nd. It seems like you have to put a bit of force to get it into 2nd and it goes smoothly from 2nd to 3rd. I guess Ford just don't know how to develop a good tranny that doesn't suck. This is especially when it gets cold outside.

5. The heated seats are pretty shoddy. They don't warm up the bottom well, the back is pretty decent. Nothing too special here.

6. I don't know if it's just me being paranoid and reading what others are experiencing with their cars, but sometimes I get the feeling that the car isn't as fast as other times. ]b]It feels like it accelerates differently at different times.
It doesn't feel as fast going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd, it feels just adequate. But sometimes, it freaking roars and takes off like a rocket. I have the 3.73 gears so I'm not sure if it's just in my head or not. I put 93 octane in it.

7. When the motor is idle and I go outside of the car, I can hear this sort of ticking/chirping sound of the motor/timing belt spinning. I know the sound of the engine but this is different. When I first bought it, you could notice it quite easily. Now, you can still hear it but it's not as loud. The car now has 1500 miles.

Not sure if I should take it to the dealer for any of these things since they might mess it up even more.

Otherwise, I love the **** car. I think it's just me being paranoid and picking a little too much on it but I wanted to see if others are in the same boat or not.

I bet all those employees on the dealer, from the receptionist to their best mechanic, are a bunch of idiots... aren't they?

Old 5/23/11, 04:19 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

I bet all those employees on the dealer, from the receptionist to their best mechanic, are a bunch of idiots... aren't they?

And another one gets exposed. First Argenti, then jmatero, now ssimaniac.

Old 5/23/11, 10:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
OMG..........
Old 5/24/11, 07:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
And another one gets exposed. First Argenti, then jmatero, now ssimaniac.

You're mad annoying.
Old 5/24/11, 07:12 AM
Banned

Sure. And you know what, all those issues I listed back in 2010, turned out to be major flaws for a lot of people.

Engine rattle/tick has been persistent in the 5.0s. No fix for it.
Transmission issues never been fixed, affecting a large number of people.
Suspension issue was the only one corrected because of a bad lower control arm that was discovered.

Yeah, excellent investment. You buy a $40,000 to avoid those issues and have a peace of mind only to have the opposite. So you can pump Ford all you want, but you can't cover the crappy quality control.

Nice try though, keep researching and educating yourself on the subject matter.
Old 5/24/11, 07:30 AM
GT Member

Sure. And you know what, all those issues I listed back in 2010, turned out to be major flaws for a lot of people.

Engine rattle/tick has been persistent in the 5.0s. No fix for it.
Transmission issues never been fixed, affecting a large number of people.
Suspension issue was the only one corrected because of a bad lower control arm that was discovered.

Yeah, excellent investment. You buy a $40,000 to avoid those issues and have a peace of mind only to have the opposite. So you can pump Ford all you want, but you can't cover the crappy quality control.

You do realize that 200K Mercedes also have these kind of issues? Just sayin....
Old 5/24/11, 07:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Timeless
You do realize that 200K Mercedes also have these kind of issues? Just sayin....
All of their issues got resolved. Just sayin
Old 5/24/11, 07:34 AM
Banned

Mercedes, BMW, others stand behind their products. I've been to the dealer over and over and they can't find a fix. They just keep replacing parts and keep guessing what to fix. That's what happens when a car doesn't go through proper testing and it's rushed to the market. You can go after me all you want, especially YOU stangfoeva/bullit trolling and whatnot, but people with legit issues want to be heard. (I don't **** Money) We want our **** fixed and working. I know it's hard to for you to comprehend that.
Old 5/24/11, 07:50 AM
Banned

And here's an excellent thread how FORD stands up for their customers. Poor woman.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-...ing-it-19.html
Old 5/24/11, 09:34 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can someone just lock this thread. I feel like we're listening to Harold Camping talk about the Rapture in here.
Old 5/24/11, 10:02 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Sure. And you know what, all those issues I listed back in 2010, turned out to be major flaws for a lot of people...

Yes, specially the bouncing quarters and vibrations from the Shaker 1000 bass. Maybe Ford should offer free prescribtion sedativers for all their registered paranoid chronic complainers instead and save the cost on non existent warranty issues.

Thanks for the advice. I and the dozen others you are educating feel a lot better.

Old 5/24/11, 10:06 AM
Banned

Yes, specially the bouncing quarters and vibrations from the Shaker 1000 bass. Maybe Ford should offer free prescribtion sedativers for all their registered paranoid chronic complainers instead and save the cost on non existent warranty issues.

Thanks for the advice. I and the dozen others you are educating feel a lot better.

George, reading comprehension for the win. I said the noise from the suspension feels like bouncing quarters, which turned out to be a lower control problem. The shaker 1000 issue is due to a terrible design quality. People have complained about interior rattles in mustangs since forever. I'm sure you never even heard the shaker 1000 in person, given your take on life.

Last edited by ssimaniac; 5/24/11 at 10:07 AM.
Old 5/24/11, 10:12 AM
GT Member

All of their issues got resolved. Just sayin
Not overnight...and sometimes not even for several years. Even Mercedes takes several years to get faulty parts re-designed.

And it's not like every or even a majority percentage have the issues. Granted, the issues that have surfaced are MAJOR and need to be addressed...but most of us have vehicles we are enjoying every day.

I came from an E55 AMG, so my expectations are obviously high...or perhaps I knew going in that I should expect something not as high end.

Regardless, I have been extremely happy with the change and am willing to work with a new model and its quirks.
Old 5/24/11, 10:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 5/24/11, 10:50 AM

This thread was over 7 months old before some witch hunter dug it up

Old 5/24/11, 10:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JimmyM
This thread was over 7 months old before some witch hunter dug it up

Just trolls with nothing better to do with their time.

Quick Reply: A few minor "issues" with the 11' GT