The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   For the few that have got to drive a 2011 GT.... (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/few-have-got-drive-2011-gt-482919/)

Boomer 5/9/10 10:34 AM

The 011 is a bit like that ... I'm not sure if it has to do with the gearing or quietness and smoothness,
but at first my louder/more mechanical sounding 05 'sounded' (if that's the right way to explain) and felt faster than the 011, until you look down and realize how little you had to push it, to give get it going quickly.

The power kinda sneaks up on ya..
It`s fast, and the times pretty much indicate that.

I`m addicted.
My problem is now is not the time for me to buy for me... as much as I`d want to.
And don`t worry about those that feel bad they can`t get one now, good things will come to those who wait.

Adam 5/9/10 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 5864934)
And don`t worry about those that feel bad they can`t get one now, good things will come to those who wait.

That's what I keep telling myself but it's tough. I'm tempted to trade in my '10 even though it would cost me several thousand. I know (assume) the 2014s will have all the cool gadgets that the 2011 are missing. I'm not interested in a BOSS as they will be priced too expensive.

Overboost 5/9/10 11:01 AM

I'm still anxious to see what additional features we see for 2012 and beyond. Aside from the Boss, I can't see much being added quite yet, other than minor tweaks and maybe trim packages.

Adam 5/9/10 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 5864943)
I'm still anxious to see what additional features we see for 2012 and beyond. Aside from the Boss, I can't see much being added quite yet, other than minor tweaks and maybe trim packages.

Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if they add homelink to the visors for the 2012s, since that was originally supposed to be in the 2011s but seemed to get canned.

Bigjohns97 5/9/10 12:42 PM

Since the 5.0 is the platform for the forseeable future I am hoping alot of these add-ons that are to come in future years will be able to be retro-fitted to the 2011's.

I know it's wishful thinking but possible.

Overboost 5/9/10 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Adam2004 (Post 5864946)
Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if they add homelink to the visors for the 2012s, since that was originally supposed to be in the 2011s but seemed to get canned.

That would be nice, maybe heated mirrors as part of the comfort package, Recaro seats, and other minor appearance tweaks, but nothing substantial. Besides, most of that will bolt up to a 2010-11 without much hassle.

Pushing_Tin 5/9/10 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 5865000)
That would be nice, maybe heated mirrors as part of the comfort package, Recaro seats, and other minor appearance tweaks, but nothing substantial. Besides, most of that will bolt up to a 2010-11 without much hassle.

Ugh no homelink either? My 2004 F150 Lariat had that! The lack of heated mirrors is also a major problem as I live where there is constant freezing fog for 5 months during the winter. IMO heated mirrors are a safety issue, not one of comfort.

So far the issues I have with the Mustang are: Lack of push button start, heated mirrors, homelink and that silly 1990s mast antenna.

cdynaco 5/9/10 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin (Post 5865075)
Ugh no homelink either? My 2004 F150 Lariat had that! The lack of heated mirrors is also a major problem as I live where there is constant freezing fog for 5 months during the winter. IMO heated mirrors are a safety issue, not one of comfort.

So far the issues I have with the Mustang are: Lack of push button start, heated mirrors, homelink and that silly 1990s mast antenna.

Hey Tin: stood under any landing 747's lately? http://www.imboc.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

Pushing_Tin 5/9/10 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 5865077)
Hey Tin: stood under any landing 747's lately? http://www.imboc.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

LOL, nope. Where in Oregon are you?

blksn8k 5/9/10 08:30 PM

Anyone know if the 2012 Mustang will have MyFord Touch as an option or will that not be added until the next redesign?

Boomer 5/9/10 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by blksn8k (Post 5865235)
Anyone know if the 2012 Mustang will have MyFord Touch as an option or will that not be added until the next redesign?

Seeing as how that would require a full on interior redesign to accomodate all the screens/controls... we'll have to wait.

hawkeye18 5/10/10 12:33 AM

If that is the entire list of problems you have with the 2011 Mustang, I'd say they're doing pretty well. Those are all easily remedied problems.

HokieCodeMonkey 5/10/10 07:07 AM

Is the antenna removable? I'm not a huge fan, and I'll be listening to most of my music through my iPod hooked up through usb.

RedWings 5/10/10 07:15 AM

1. Push Start is a nice feature that my GF has in her IS350. It also unlocks the doors if you touch the handle and your key fob is in your pocket/bag. Also can pop the trunk this way. The only downside is the chance of you being stranded with no key is a lot higher. You can start the car, go back in the house, leave the key, and drive away. You don't realize it until you've gone too far. Even though it makes a dinging sound for a few seconds when its running and it no longer detects the key. There is also a message that says "Key not detected". Not a deal breaker IMO.

2. Heated Mirrors. Another option that is real nice to have....but think about all the years we've gone w/o and it really hasn't been an issue. Not a deal breaker on a Mustang. A Lexus or an Infiniti i'd expect it.

3. Homelink. Yea that was a surprise even though I have never used it and don't know anyone that does. But still....it should have been there.

4. Antenna. Agree with you. They need to get with the times. Not a deal breakers since it can be swapped i'm sure.

stangfoeva 5/10/10 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey (Post 5865488)
Is the antenna removable? I'm not a huge fan, and I'll be listening to most of my music through my iPod hooked up through usb.

yes you can swap the antenna, here is an example
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...B/DSCN0888.jpg

Pushing_Tin 5/10/10 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by RedWings (Post 5865492)
1. Push Start is a nice feature that my GF has in her IS350. It also unlocks the doors if you touch the handle and your key fob is in your pocket/bag. Also can pop the trunk this way. The only downside is the chance of you being stranded with no key is a lot higher. You can start the car, go back in the house, leave the key, and drive away. You don't realize it until you've gone too far. Even though it makes a dinging sound for a few seconds when its running and it no longer detects the key. There is also a message that says "Key not detected". Not a deal breaker IMO.

2. Heated Mirrors. Another option that is real nice to have....but think about all the years we've gone w/o and it really hasn't been an issue. Not a deal breaker on a Mustang. A Lexus or an Infiniti i'd expect it.

3. Homelink. Yea that was a surprise even though I have never used it and don't know anyone that does. But still....it should have been there.

4. Antenna. Agree with you. They need to get with the times. Not a deal breakers since it can be swapped i'm sure.

I know I'm being nitpicky here, but I do have a nearly paid off 370Z, so while I'm very much looking forward to driving the GT, I may end up waiting for the 12 or 13 model when they add some of the safety/comfort features I want. Now once I hear that V8 I may not be able to wait...... :o

RedWings 5/10/10 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin (Post 5865560)
I know I'm being nitpicky here, but I do have a nearly paid off 370Z, so while I'm very much looking forward to driving the GT, I may end up waiting for the 12 or 13 model when they add some of the safety/comfort features I want. Now once I hear that V8 I may not be able to wait...... :o

Keep them both.

Overboost 5/10/10 10:42 AM

The Homelink visor would be a very easy retrofit if they bring it back out. Heated mirrors might cost about $300, but we need to find out if the CDN models offer that. Sometimes, you can get them and they're 100% PnP. Recaros would be a drop in replacement, but if you have heated seats, they may not come with them anymore. We'll find out as new options are offered.

2011 Fastback 5/10/10 11:52 AM

Mustang

at least the ant is not like a flag pole that it has been, those have been deal breakers for me, the new one is better but why cant they just intergrate it like all the others??:metal:

Pushing_Tin 5/10/10 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by 2011 Fastback (Post 5865646)
at least the ant is not like a flag pole that it has been, those have been deal breakers for me, the new one is better but why cant they just intergrate it like all the others??:metal:

Agreed, I had a 2006 model year car that was integrated and cars that cost far less have integrated them.