Sponsored By:

Electronics Package.....Money well spent

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/10, 10:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electronics Package.....Money well spent

The EP is just

For anyone who is on the fence about ordering it....DO IT.

I thought it was pretty sweet how after I paired my phone (EVO 4G) with Sync, it will play whatever music I have on my phone via bluetooth. It just does it. No set up....nothing.

Well tonight i'm messing with it and I turn on Pandora on my EVO while i'm in the car. Bam. Its playing on the stereo.

So i fire up grooveshark and same thing.

I don't see a need for Sirius anymore with all these options FM, USB disk drive, iPod, onboard hard drive, etc...
Old 8/6/10, 11:37 PM

For those of you on the fence... You can do that with the SYNC stereos without the EP.
Old 8/7/10, 12:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Red_Rider
For those of you on the fence... You can do that with the SYNC stereos without the EP.

Yep. You don't need to spend $2000 to get that functionality.
Old 8/7/10, 12:14 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RedWings
I don't see a need for Sirius anymore with all these options FM, USB disk drive, iPod, onboard hard drive, etc...
Well, satellite radio has comedy channells, sports, weather, traffic, etcetera anywhere in the country with no plug-in or bluetooth devices needed.

So, looks like some of us could still have a great use for it.
Old 8/7/10, 12:43 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RedWings
The EP is just

For anyone who is on the fence about ordering it....DO IT.

I thought it was pretty sweet how after I paired my phone (EVO 4G) with Sync, it will play whatever music I have on my phone via bluetooth. It just does it. No set up....nothing.

Well tonight i'm messing with it and I turn on Pandora on my EVO while i'm in the car. Bam. Its playing on the stereo.

So i fire up grooveshark and same thing.

+1000000

The EP is worth every penny. And I didn't even have to pay the full $2k either
Old 8/7/10, 02:05 AM
Cobra R Member

ya but will it play my 8 tracks and cassettes?
Old 8/7/10, 02:08 AM

With USB adapters it can! And I agree, it's worth EVERY PENNY.
Old 8/7/10, 05:23 AM
V6 Member

Totally agree - love the EP.
Old 8/7/10, 05:49 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I love mine. Plus you can watch a DVD.
Old 8/7/10, 10:43 AM
Cobra R Member

To each his own, but the loaner 2010 GT I had overnight had the EP and I familiarized myself with it. To me the single biggest issue is that the screen/display is located a bit too far down from the driver’s line of vision. Obviously not by a HUGE amount, but more than most other cars (that have Nav).

I was a big fan of the Sirius weather functionality – the internet quality weather update was very nice.

Other than that I just didn’t see where the rest of it was worth the $2340 price tag. That’s just my opinion, but after two days of use, I’d like to think it’s an informed opinion. (I am aware that the 2010’s Nav probably lacked HD radio or the hard drive storage). I came away very happy with my “Shaker 500” standard system. My only qualm was that the rear speakers sound better in the coupe than the rear speakers in my ‘vert (which suck).
Old 8/7/10, 12:33 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I agree, it's too much money for the EP. My Iphone does about everything the EP does.

The Shaker 500 has a USB in which I have a 16 thumb drive with over 80 CDs worth of music on it and I could add another 80 if I wanted to.

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
To each his own, but the loaner 2010 GT I had overnight had the EP and I familiarized myself with it. To me the single biggest issue is that the screen/display is located a bit too far down from the driver’s line of vision. Obviously not by a HUGE amount, but more than most other cars (that have Nav).

I was a big fan of the Sirius weather functionality – the internet quality weather update was very nice.

Other than that I just didn’t see where the rest of it was worth the $2340 price tag. That’s just my opinion, but after two days of use, I’d like to think it’s an informed opinion. (I am aware that the 2010’s Nav probably lacked HD radio or the hard drive storage). I came away very happy with my “Shaker 500” standard system. My only qualm was that the rear speakers sound better in the coupe than the rear speakers in my ‘vert (which suck).
Old 8/7/10, 01:04 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by David Young
Plus you can watch a DVD.

Only while you are sitting still with the parking brake on.

How many times will the average person need or want to do that?

I think it is a great option for people who have the extra money to blow and just have to have all the toys.
Old 8/7/10, 01:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

whether the EP is worth it to some than others is all up to the individual 2k is alot of cash to dish out..
i found it to be wqell worth it, and its more than made up for its expense on several occasions.. here is one..

my GF and i were out to head to best buy.. she said there was one on the other side of town.. seeing i dont go there to ofeten i believed her.. we headed there.. lo and behold it was a pep boys, dont ask.

so fired up the EP nav found 3 best buys within 10 miles 1 of which i didnt even know was there which was the closest in the next town over..

that in it self paid for the EP.. and my GF agreed..
Old 8/7/10, 02:21 PM
GT Member

My car has a USB port in the center console, does that mean I have the electronics package?

I just picked my car on the lot because of the color and didn't care about the options so I didn't look at them..hah
Old 8/7/10, 02:34 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

No, it has to have the touch screen in the center console.

Originally Posted by jetlag
My car has a USB port in the center console, does that mean I have the electronics package?

I just picked my car on the lot because of the color and didn't care about the options so I didn't look at them..hah
Old 8/7/10, 03:43 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Falchion
I agree, it's too much money for the EP. My Iphone does about everything the EP does.
Illegal to use cell phone while driving in CA, nor is intergated into the car neatly. So a cell phone can't replace the functionality of the EP in my opinion
Old 8/7/10, 04:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jetlag

Whether you have the EP or not, you can put music on a USB stick and SYNC will play it.
Old 8/7/10, 05:03 PM
Banned

I guess it all comes down to personal preference.

I have an iPod Touch, and a Garmin GPS system with bluetooth phone interface.

You know what I hate?

Cords and cradles and wires. The Garmin portable I have is one of the better ones on the market; it works very well but I hate it taking up windshield real estate, the traffic receiver cord hanging, can't hear the phone very well. It would be nice to have the album art from my ipod displayed on the screen.

I hate getting in the car on a hot day and finding the GPS hanging by the suction cup cradle after it detaches from the windshield.

Yeah sure, you can save money by putting up with the mess it makes of your interior. In for a penny, in for a pound. Give me the built-in option, TYVM
Old 8/7/10, 05:28 PM
GT Member

having that built in screen is worth every penny...I HATE the cluttered look of window hanging GPS and cords all over the place...looks tacky. The integration of the EP and functionality of the EP is superior to any after market combo I have seen to date.
Old 8/7/10, 07:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by raidernixon
having that built in screen is worth every penny...I HATE the cluttered look of window hanging GPS and cords all over the place...looks tacky. The integration of the EP and functionality of the EP is superior to any after market combo I have seen to date.
We have a winner!! This is my my wifes new limited explorer has the electronics and my new 5.0 will have it!!

Quick Reply: Electronics Package.....Money well spent