Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Is a DORA priority of 40 a bad thing?

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/10, 12:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is a DORA priority of 40 a bad thing?

With the delays in build scheduling and the stock orders being built first and ending up "by the fence", do the priority numbers mean much at this point?

If a retail car was ordered last week with a 40 priority, would a car ordered this week with a 10 priority get built first?

I'd like to understand how this works. Is there something in place to prevent the higher (numerically) priority orders from getting pushed back indefinately?

Thanks, Jeff
Old 3/9/10, 01:01 AM
Cobra R Member

From my understanding... It's only for a dealer to dealer basis. That is to say, it's the same day and if dealer1 makes a priority of 50, dealer2 has a 10, the 10 won't get his car any sooner. This system is so that they are to be organized so the order is "in a row" for scheduling for the dealer. That way in the first pass of scheduling they only look at 1 car per, then on second pass look at 2nd one... etc... Regardless of what the number actually is. If 50's the lowest at a dealer and 10's my lowest, they are both in the first pass, then they are equal to each other.

So It's what the dealer uses to tell Ford which car they would like built first. Say your dealer has 6 GTs ordered, the one with the lowest priority code will be built first. You're about mid pack at 40 on a 10-99 scale. Keep in mind that you're presumably a sold customer, and the dealer knows that. So don't worry if your not at priority 10, I hear a lot start the retail orders at 20 so they've got some room if something comes up that and they need to prioritize quicker.

But once assigned a vin, priority code is meaningless.
Old 3/9/10, 06:35 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was wondering about this too. When I ordered my 08 GT I was given a priortity of 40 as well, and the car came in one day AFTER Labor day weekend. It really screwed up my vacation plans.

Originally Posted by jeff s
With the delays in build scheduling and the stock orders being built first and ending up "by the fence", do the priority numbers mean much at this point?

If a retail car was ordered last week with a 40 priority, would a car ordered this week with a 10 priority get built first?

I'd like to understand how this works. Is there something in place to prevent the higher (numerically) priority orders from getting pushed back indefinately?

Thanks, Jeff
Old 3/9/10, 09:29 AM
GT Member

yeah mine is a 40 too....sooo again it will arrive sometime, hopefully in June...hang in there!!
Old 3/9/10, 10:34 AM

Quick question, when do you get the DORA?
Do you get it once you order the car or does the dealership give it to you a few weeks/days later?
Old 3/9/10, 10:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bruins004
Quick question, when do you get the DORA?
Do you get it once you order the car or does the dealership give it to you a few weeks/days later?
Dealer should have the 1st DORA the following business day.

Doug
Old 3/9/10, 11:23 AM
GT Member

the dealer just makes a photocopy of it, no biggie (it's cool to have)..if the salesman looks at you funny then go to sales manager they will know what you are talking about....if they give you a huge problem about it (which they shouldn't since you are plunking down cash) then look somewhere else...
Old 3/9/10, 12:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your priority is the same at each dealer. 1-9 is for internal use (when the car is serialized), 10-20 means the car will get pulled soon. If they gave you a 40 and have other numbers in before yours, your car will not get built before the other cars in front. I would as them for the highest priority. The priorities for the orders I have are 10-11,12,13 & 14. The higher it is, the longer it will take for Ford to pull the order.
Old 3/9/10, 12:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
From my understanding... It's only for a dealer to dealer basis. That is to say, it's the same day and if dealer1 makes a priority of 50, dealer2 has a 10, the 10 won't get his car any sooner. This system is so that they are to be organized so the order is "in a row" for scheduling for the dealer. That way in the first pass of scheduling they only look at 1 car per, then on second pass look at 2nd one... etc... Regardless of what the number actually is. If 50's the lowest at a dealer and 10's my lowest, they are both in the first pass, then they are equal to each other.

So It's what the dealer uses to tell Ford which car they would like built first. Say your dealer has 6 GTs ordered, the one with the lowest priority code will be built first. You're about mid pack at 40 on a 10-99 scale. Keep in mind that you're presumably a sold customer, and the dealer knows that. So don't worry if your not at priority 10, I hear a lot start the retail orders at 20 so they've got some room if something comes up that and they need to prioritize quicker.

But once assigned a vin, priority code is meaningless.
That's not really true. Priority is the same. Its a set thing. I start mine with 10 and go up from there for all retail orders.
Old 3/9/10, 12:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Dealer I go to has a guy who comes in and does the ordering. I kind of wish they had the Salesmen do it, so he could give me a lower number, like a 10 instead of a 40!
Old 3/9/10, 02:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for all the input guys.

Is there no chance to update/improve the priority once the first DORA's been issued? I had asked the salesman to put a "good priority" on my order... I know they have at least three Mustang orders ahead of mine.

Any estimates of when I could expect delivery with the 40, June, like 2011 Fastback suggested? Or put this way, how far behind the first cars produced?
Old 3/9/10, 04:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jeff s
Thanks for all the input guys.

Is there no chance to update/improve the priority once the first DORA's been issued? I had asked the salesman to put a "good priority" on my order... I know they have at least three Mustang orders ahead of mine.

Any estimates of when I could expect delivery with the 40, June, like 2011 Fastback suggested? Or put this way, how far behind the first cars produced?
Hey Jeff, without knowing what they're ordering habits are, its tough to say. Priority codes can be changed after the DORA is issued. When the GT500 I ordered for WarpedSpazm was serialized, his order is taken out of the equation since the factory already has it for a VIN. So the number that was on his order (which was an 11, as he was the 2nd person to order a car from me), the next person got the 11, and everyone behind, moved up a number. They can change the priority if they want to. If they say they can't they are either too lazy or are just lying!!
Old 3/9/10, 08:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
That's not really true. Priority is the same. Its a set thing. I start mine with 10 and go up from there for all retail orders.
All I did was quote another Ford GM... There's 4000 Ford dealerships- so I'm sure everyone might do things different.

http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f...ocation-19747/

"So the big thing I want everyone to know is don't get too worried if your not a priority 01 as this is very rare, also don't worry if your not at priority 10, I start my retail ordes at 20 so I've got some room if something comes up that I need to prioritize under my current orders I can."
Old 3/10/10, 06:53 AM
V6 Member

From the green hybrib forum: "Priority Codes. This is listed on the far right upper portion of a DORA. Its also on the dealers print outs of order status. This only applies until a unit is scheudled. Once assigned a VIN this doesn't mean anything anymore."

My DORA has a full VIN. What does this mean?
Old 3/10/10, 07:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by magnatic
From the green hybrib forum: "Priority Codes. This is listed on the far right upper portion of a DORA. Its also on the dealers print outs of order status. This only applies until a unit is scheudled. Once assigned a VIN this doesn't mean anything anymore."

My DORA has a full VIN. What does this mean?
If your DORA has a full VIN, that means your car has been serialized, and will be produced soon. The original Priority code is off as the factory now takes care of your order as its getting ready to be built.
Old 3/10/10, 07:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,511 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Here's a different thought -- do you really want your car to be one of the first ones built?

I think the 40 Priority could be a GOOD thing, means they will build a few other guinea pigs before yours . . . . unless you are sitting around without a car or have some hard date you need to meet . . . maybe wait a while and then go back to the dealer and ask them to get a better priority
Old 3/10/10, 07:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
All I did was quote another Ford GM... There's 4000 Ford dealerships- so I'm sure everyone might do things different.

http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f...ocation-19747/

"So the big thing I want everyone to know is don't get too worried if your not a priority 01 as this is very rare, also don't worry if your not at priority 10, I start my retail ordes at 20 so I've got some room if something comes up that I need to prioritize under my current orders I can."
Hey Tony, no worries at all.
Old 3/10/10, 08:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
If your DORA has a full VIN, that means your car has been serialized, and will be produced soon. The original Priority code is off as the factory now takes care of your order as its getting ready to be built.
Thank you Jeff.
Old 3/11/10, 09:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by magnatic
Thank you Jeff.
Glad to help buddy!
Old 3/29/10, 11:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just got off the phone with my dealer. He said that my paperwork has a priority of 40 because 40 is the generic number he uses in his system until the order is placed with Ford by his purchasing agent. He said that my number is actually 10 now that they have the order confirmation.

Quick Reply: Is a DORA priority of 40 a bad thing?