Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

DORA the Explora; What do they look like? Here you go!!!

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/10, 10:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DORA the Explora; What do they look like? Here you go!!!

I have been asked several times, what a DORA looks like. Well, with the BIG THANKS to Toolman33 (Chris), I'm able to provide you all with what a DORA looks like. I have it below in both a PDF, so you can see it and also as a JPEG. The important things are listed below:

The Order Number: This is listed at the very top towards the left side. This one is listed as 1455. For me, we started at 1450 and move up.

Order Type: This is at the top center of this DORA. On this one, it shows an Order Type "1". This is a Retail Order. Stock Units are a "2" and there are also "A/Z/X" for plan-sale orders. I use Order Type A for all plan sales, as it shows all the numbers, just as an Order Type X will too. A to me is better to get pulled quicker (an old hunch).

The Priority Number: This is the one number that is most important if you want your car built as soon as possible (and also to see if your dealer is giving you a fair shake). Most times numbers are from 10-99. The best number to have is 10, and anywhere up to 20 is fine. If someone gives you a Priority of, say 60, your car won't be scheduled anytime soon. Another thing to know, is Ford saves Priority 01-09 for internal use. Usually when they are ready to submit an order for serialization, they give the order a "01" on a Thursday night. This means they are previewing the order for serialization. Now, with that said, you'll see that this DORA has an "01" under Priority. That was a little wierd by Ford's accounts, since they aren't scheduling retail orders yet. I think they used "01" for all my retails and once they get past System Fill, they will serialize all my GT retail orders. Kinda had my head shaking on these, lol.

DORA Processed Date: This is the Date that shows when Ford recieved the DORA and processed it. (this is located on the left side at the top above the assembly plant name

Order Reciept Date: This is the date the order was submitted to the factory. (this is just below DORA Processed Date)

The customer's name (which on this one, was cut off where the paper is perforated). Normal retail orders have the customer's 1st initial and last name listed. On this DORA, with all the options, and the 3 lines that show the line "VIN FILL (F1A), it would be listed. A DORA can get rather long and can get cut off, as we use this green printer paper in an old-style printer.

There you have it. A brief explination of what a DORA looks like and what the important things to look for on yours. If anyone has any questions, let me know. I am currently pushing snow and moving cars as we got another 7 inches of snow with drifts, so I may not get back quickly. Thanks for checking out the post fellas. I hope it helps some of you out, who may not have a DORA yet.

p.s. You may have to click on the picture copy of the DORA below a few times, as that should magnify it so you can view it and see what things are.
Attached Thumbnails DORA the Explora; What do they look like? Here you go!!!-vasilesdora.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
VasilesDORA[1].pdf (637.7 KB, 689 views)

Last edited by 05fordgt; 2/26/10 at 10:24 AM.
Old 2/26/10, 10:21 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Once again Jeff, you win the internet
Old 2/26/10, 10:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Once again Jeff, you win the internet
Hey Jay, I'm just trying to help everyone out and point them in the right direction when it comes to their orders. Thanks for the kind words buddy!!

Hey Boomer, if you deem this "stick-worthy", please do Its good useful info for everyone who has a car ordered. Thanks chief.

Last edited by 05fordgt; 2/26/10 at 10:26 AM.
Old 2/26/10, 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can the dealer get a second copy of the DORA? I am looking at a '10 GT on the lot and just wondering if I could get this information.
Old 2/26/10, 10:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RMS70
Can the dealer get a second copy of the DORA? I am looking at a '10 GT on the lot and just wondering if I could get this information.
Not really. DORAs are sent when the car is ordered, when they serialize it, if things are changed on an order, they send an updated DORA and so forth. I'm not sure what some dealers do, but we use the DORA in a binder for "inbound vehicles" and staple the DORA to the sheet we use for all the specs on an order. Once the car comes in, the DORA is filed upstairs. They may have it, but I doubt it. What do you want to know about the car they have on the lot?
Old 2/26/10, 10:57 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Not really. DORAs are sent when the car is ordered, when they serialize it, if things are changed on an order, they send an updated DORA and so forth. I'm not sure what some dealers do, but we use the DORA in a binder for "inbound vehicles" and staple the DORA to the sheet we use for all the specs on an order. Once the car comes in, the DORA is filed upstairs. They may have it, but I doubt it. What do you want to know about the car they have on the lot?
I used to try to make a copy of the DORA for my customer files so I could know exactly what options they had gotten on their last vehicle.
Old 2/26/10, 11:05 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dora

again thanks for the DORA it is nice to see what they should look like!!
Old 2/26/10, 11:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RMS70
Typically in my store once the factory issues the invoice we no longer have any use for the DORA and it usually gets pitched, at least on stock inventory.
Old 2/26/10, 11:47 AM
V6 Member

Thanks so much for the info. Jeff! As I responded in the other thread, what the dealer faxed to me is NOT a DORA, but a printout of a computer screen titled "Single Vehicle Detail Information", which correlates with the information on the "Vehicle Order Confirmation" form I was given when I placed the order, but doesn't show my name or any pricing information. Since I apparently can't get a DORA at this point, is there any useful information to be gained from this form, or is it pretty much useless. Is there any way to get a priority code and scheduling information at this point, or am I going to be in the dark going forward?

Thanks again!

Rick
Old 2/26/10, 12:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by dnr427
Thanks so much for the info. Jeff! As I responded in the other thread, what the dealer faxed to me is NOT a DORA, but a printout of a computer screen titled "Single Vehicle Detail Information", which correlates with the information on the "Vehicle Order Confirmation" form I was given when I placed the order, but doesn't show my name or any pricing information. Since I apparently can't get a DORA at this point, is there any useful information to be gained from this form, or is it pretty much useless. Is there any way to get a priority code and scheduling information at this point, or am I going to be in the dark going forward?

Thanks again!

Rick
Hey Rick, the only way to get your Priority Code and such is from someone at your store. I would call one day and ask for the fleet manager, as they are the ones who recieve the sheets that show all the inbound vehicles and their status. Good luck bud.
Old 2/26/10, 12:10 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Stuck...for now
Old 2/26/10, 12:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Boomer
Stuck...for now
Thanks bud. Figure a few months until the rush of orders subsides.
Old 2/26/10, 12:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeff

I am trying to get the build history of the car for my records: date order submitted, date of DORA=order acceptance, schedule date, bucked date, build date, ship date, etc..
The car order number on the window sticker is 21-1160 O/T 2
From the e-window sticker it appears the car was invoiced/VIN'd on 10/21/2009 and built on 10/28/2009.
Old 2/26/10, 01:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Thanks bud. Figure a few months until the rush of orders subsides.
yep. then i can actually order from a dealer near for the price that you guys are selling for. all say around here "i can only do a few hundred off msrp"

plus i want to see what yellow blaze looks like away from the showlights
Old 2/26/10, 01:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by trick25
yep. then i can actually order from a dealer near for the price that you guys are selling for. all say around here "i can only do a few hundred off msrp"

plus i want to see what yellow blaze looks like away from the showlights
Hey bud, if you have trouble getting the price I am selling them for now, when your ready come summertime, let me know. I can have a car drop-shipped to you, and all paperwork is done using FedEx overnight envelopes.
Old 2/27/10, 12:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got a copy of my VOC on 2/18 when I ordered my car, should I be concerned if my dealer has not gotten a DORA yet for it ??

Interestingly, they got the DORA already for a stock order GT they placed later the same day, but not my retail order.

Doug
Old 3/1/10, 01:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by orange3.9stang
Got a copy of my VOC on 2/18 when I ordered my car, should I be concerned if my dealer has not gotten a DORA yet for it ??

Interestingly, they got the DORA already for a stock order GT they placed later the same day, but not my retail order.

Doug
Doug, the DORAs are priinted the next day, or following day when an order is placed. For example, if the order went in on Monday morning, a DORA is available Tuesday morning. If it was Monday night, maybe too late for their system and it may come Wednesday morning. If they don't have one yet, I would be curious to ask why. If they put the order in, there IS a DORA available.
Old 3/1/10, 03:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks Jeff !!

Doug
Old 3/3/10, 07:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by orange3.9stang
Thanks Jeff !!

Doug
Glad to help Doug.
Old 3/4/10, 11:12 AM
GT Member

The one thing that confused me when I ordered my 05' and confuses me now with ordering my '11 is why exactly is there so much difficulty or even tom foolery (haven't used that phrase in a while) understanding if an order is in or when you might estimate receiving it. At the dealer level is there any benefit to them not prioritizing orders as they get them? Is it hard for the dealer or ford to estimate your build date because different dealers get preference over other dealers?

I know car production is complex but I sure would like Ford to manage my expectations like the computer companies do when I order something online.

Quick Reply: DORA the Explora; What do they look like? Here you go!!!