2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Does this happen to you folks?

Old 8/9/12, 05:32 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does this happen to you folks?

Seems I cannot simply drive my Mustang happily down the interstate these days without some clown pulling up behind me (close) while I'm in the center lane, then pull to the left and pass me, all the while with the chock full of nuts coffee can exhaust tip making it's nausiating noise. I do not condone street racing; my niece was killed by two of these types while driving to college.

I ignore it. What do others do? I hope the racing is kept to the tracks.
Old 8/9/12, 05:45 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Ignore it.............but deep down I 'spose it's nice to know they appreciate a nice Mustang.

But give them space and let them on their way with a smile.
Old 8/9/12, 06:18 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idiots. Especially people who think street racing is zig zagging thru busy traffic. Boils my blood. I get my revenge at work....
Old 8/9/12, 07:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
don't get TOO much of that, the ricers kind of know to keep their distance, especially when they hear the Roush exhaust. I am more on the lookout for douches in the giant diesel pickups trying to give me a black smoke bath more than anything else.

Last edited by bones302; 8/9/12 at 07:37 AM.
Old 8/9/12, 07:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

I point and laugh!!!
Old 8/9/12, 08:27 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some guy did that to me yesterday in an Aston Martin Volante... obviously a mid-life crisis
Old 8/9/12, 08:35 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GreenCars
I point and laugh!!!
Yes! Someone tried to race me, I looked at their car, laughed and they just turned at the next street over from embarrassment. Very dumb to be street racing and putting others at risk just because you feel like showing off.
Old 8/9/12, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Most people especially ricers do not know the capabilities nor know what Mustang is what I don't get to many tools lining up with me. Even in my slower 06 did they try.. but then again both cars look pretty mean IMO..
Old 8/9/12, 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Driving sure isn't as fun as it used to be
Old 8/9/12, 10:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Shifterboy45
Driving sure isn't as fun as it used to be

Why, just because street racing is such a bad idea for many reasons does not mean you can't have fun. Besides what fun about everyone just seeing your tail lights.. LOL
Old 8/9/12, 10:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good to read the responses against street racing. While it bugs the crap out of me that these idiots think they get away with this, I remind myself that sooner or later, they will get caught. I just hope it's before they hurt someone else. I don't care too much for their life, as I always felt that idiots do not need to be allowed to breed more idiots. It's the inocent bystanders that I worry for.
Old 8/9/12, 03:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by cinque35
Some guy did that to me yesterday in an Aston Martin Volante... obviously a mid-life crisis
Just two weeks back on my way down to Pisa I had some fellow in an orange Lamborghini do it as well. Made me laugh pretty hard. Evidently his peen wasn't enhanced enough by his purchase.

On the same trip though I had a family with Netherlands plates on an SUV pull up next to me and they all waved, with the driver giving me a big . Even better.

I get more waves and positives than knuckleheads so I've been pretty happy.
Old 8/9/12, 03:35 PM

Yeah thumbs up or a wave seem to be the norm...i get nervous when i come out of a store and people are standing by my car though...too many horror stories to ever let my guard down...that being said 4 raccoons and 2 dogs are the only items that have ever damaged my car...
Old 8/9/12, 05:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Used to happen to me all the time, and I have an Escape V6 emblem on my trunklid. I also got pulled over left and right, it only had a catback and being an SN95 V6 Auto, it was SLOW. But it looked fast - to everyone :/
Old 8/9/12, 06:15 PM
GT Member

I get a lot of people that fly by me then get on their brakes, but it's usually g35/37s, cars that wouldn't stand a chance. I get thumbsup from people who understand the car. I'll admit, if it's an empty highway at night and someone comes up I'll go for it for a little bit, but the highway out here is 4 lanes wide and there isn't really anyone on it at 1 am.

I think it's really stupid when i see people weaving in traffic behind me to catch up to me. I've even seen 3500s and f250s do it and I'm just like what the **** are you doing?!
Old 8/9/12, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Honestly I think this happens to v6 owners more often. There's A LOT more cars out there that can keep up with them than the 5.0, and it seems they know it. I get toolish driving from g35s all the time. Lol. And for some unknown reason, GTIs..... As if
Old 8/9/12, 07:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
There's a video in the Shelby forum of a talentless hack trying to drive a Lamborghini on a marked-off course who loses it and t-bone's a Shelby. The guy driving the Lamborghini is better than every jackass who gets behind the wheel of his ricer or yuppie-mobile g35/m-series/whatever and tries to race on trafficked roads and highways. Do it long enough and they will kill someone. Let them kill themselves without your help. You get caught racing when a fatality occurs, you will wish you'd never been born.
Old 8/9/12, 07:12 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012BLKV6
Honestly I think this happens to v6 owners more often. There's A LOT more cars out there that can keep up with them than the 5.0, and it seems they know it. I get toolish driving from g35s all the time. Lol. And for some unknown reason, GTIs..... As if
I agree. From the glimpse of the twin pod on the dash of my 281 to the rumble of my x-piped Mach 1...no one ever bothered me.

My V6 gets more attitude than double D's in a room full of A cuppers.
Old 8/9/12, 07:16 PM
GT Member

The teenagers driving the junk seem to have the market on stupidity when it comes to challenges. But alas, I was once one of them so every great once in a while, I humor them by Blowing the soot out of the Borla's. No racing, just letting them hear what they want to hear. I always get smiles and some thumbs up. They have dreams too.
Old 8/9/12, 07:20 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 587 Likes on 421 Posts
Originally Posted by Bucko
Seems I cannot simply drive my Mustang happily down the interstate these days without some clown pulling up behind me (close) while I'm in the center lane, then pull to the left and pass me, all the while with the chock full of nuts coffee can exhaust tip making it's nausiating noise. I do not condone street racing; my niece was killed by two of these types while driving to college.

I ignore it. What do others do? I hope the racing is kept to the tracks.
I have to blame you for this. Impeding the flow of traffic. If you're cruising in the center lane and faster traffic is approaching you're supposed to move to the right.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does this happen to you folks?