2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Does a gt500 make SOME people lose their minds???

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/16, 10:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Does a gt500 make SOME people lose their minds???

I took my Shelby to autozone the other day to pick up some detailing supplies. I left my house and jumped on I-25 to the next exit, when I exited I pulled up to a stoplight next to a Cadillac CTSV coupe. I was excited, a car that could give me a good race! Light turns green a launch hard and the Cadillac isn't interested, I quickly let off and I'm doing around 45 or so which is the speed limit.

As I pass by the Home Depot an old 80s model Mercedes SL500 comes screeching out of the parking lot. To be clear he was turning so sharp his front tires were squealing lol, he wasn't able to spin the rears. I have my windows down and I hear that he's flooring it, it takes him a little while to catch up and I'm still coasting at 45 or so. He finally makes it beside me and passes slowly by with the engine revving. I pay no attention besides just looking over to see a guy, that by the looks of his mustache, are stuck in the 80s just like the car.

As we approach the next stoplight he does the stupidest thing. He lets off the gas for a few seconds then floors it again 50' before the light and turns hard right on to the street we are approaching! As he turns right he cuts the corner too tight and his front tire drives across a dirt patch, he loses control and side swipes a minivan pulling up to the light on the street we were approaching. The crash was loud, he probably took the corner at 40 mph!

I thought he was going to run so I was prepared to go after him, but he didn't. The van pulled over and the guy turned around and parked behind the van. A rather large Hispanic lady jumps out of the van and throws her arms in the air like she's ready to fight! She was super pissed and starts yelling at him before he even gets out of the car.

I drive on to autozone but later come back to snap these pics, looks like they are loading up one of the kids in an ambulance, although I couldn't understand how anyone was hurt from the accident. He hit the van just in front of the rear tire and scrapped all the way to the back from there, knocked off the hub cap too.
Attached Thumbnails Does a gt500 make SOME people lose their minds???-image.jpeg  

Last edited by Ecostang; 2/28/16 at 10:14 AM.
Old 2/28/16, 10:12 AM
Cobra Member

Another pic
Attached Thumbnails Does a gt500 make SOME people lose their minds???-image.jpeg  
Old 2/28/16, 10:12 AM
Cobra Member

Last pic
Old 2/28/16, 10:58 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
She's not that large. Haha
Old 2/28/16, 10:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Should've stayed and been a witness
Old 2/28/16, 11:06 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
She's not that large. Haha
Lol, it's the lady in black standing beside the Mercedes in the second pic not the girl on the stretcher.
Old 2/28/16, 11:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Should've stayed and been a witness
I was struggling with that actually, had there been any question of who's fault it was I certainly would have. If I thought anyone was hurt I would have stayed too. Seemed pretty cut and dry.

I did call the police department and told them I witnessed the accident and if they had any questions to call me. I didn't hear back. I told the dispatcher this wasn't a typical accident and that the guy was driving recklessly.

Last edited by Ecostang; 2/28/16 at 11:12 AM.
Old 2/28/16, 11:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Ecostang
I was struggling with that actually, had there been any question of who's fault it was I certainly would have. If I thought anyone was hurt I would have stayed too. Seemed pretty cut and dry.

I did call the police department and told them I witnessed the accident and if they had any questions to call me. I didn't hear back. I told the dispatcher this wasn't a typical accident and that the guy was driving recklessly.
As I was coasting down 287 yesterday with around 60mph a couple of youngsters in a new wrx passed me revving, going like 80-90 and then turning sharp right into the Walmart parking lot. I just ignore those folks.
Didn't crash his car this time, but I guess it was brand new, as he had temp tags.

LEXiiON
Old 2/28/16, 11:45 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I found that people would seem to always be too close to me on the freeway. Like people might be looking at the car when it was newer and not paying attention to where they are in their lane. Either that or they were just ****ing with me. But it was annoying.
Old 2/28/16, 11:49 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
In 3 years, only a few dared against our 13 GT500. Two 911s, a Hellcat & a C7.

All of them went home sad.
Old 2/28/16, 11:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
The guy must have had his brain on drugs.
Old 2/28/16, 12:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
In 3 years, only a few dared against our 13 GT500. Two 911s, a Hellcat & a C7.

All of them went home sad.
Ya I've never had a close race on the street, I've beat a newer Porsche that just had "turbo" on the back 3x from a stoplight leaving Cars and Coffee in Boulder. I also beat this Ferrari badly leaving a different C&C (took pics of it at the meet, beautiful car), my friend was behind me and witnessed the assault. He got on it first and I went around him so fast I thought he must have missed a gear or something. I slowed waaaay down trying to get him to pull beside me again.....he wouldn't. I slowed down to 10 mph and he still wouldn't get next to me again lol.

I've beat many vettes, one turbo vette with a huge wing and "lingenfelter" decals across both quarter panels. This was a good one, California plates, younger guy with his girlfriend. I followed him for 10 mins to find a safe place to run him. When we arrived at the light he said "what's been done to it", I replied "bolt ons".....he scoffed at me. I replied "let's see how it goes" and smiled. Light turned green and I railed him. I let off the gas to let him catch up and then I pumped the gas while he floored his car and I was keeping up. He gave up and wouldn't pull beside me again. I waived at him when he turned off, he wouldn't wave either lol.

I pump the gas on people to make it a race, it really pisses people off.

Last edited by Ecostang; 2/28/16 at 12:26 PM.
Old 2/28/16, 12:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I found that people would seem to always be too close to me on the freeway. Like people might be looking at the car when it was newer and not paying attention to where they are in their lane. Either that or they were just ****ing with me. But it was annoying.
I don't drive close to cars in front of me on the freeway because of rock chips, when they sand the roads here in the winter there's always some gravel in it. I try to leave a good space but it always encourages people in other lanes to get in front of me causing me to slow down even more to get the gap back....just so the next guy can move over in front of me. That s*** is annoying, I want to haul *** and I'm steadily having to slow down while people cut over in front of me.
Old 2/28/16, 12:38 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
LMFAO
Attached Images  
Old 2/28/16, 12:56 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
I think there is something to what you're saying. When I used to smoke, I'd stop at a park or some roadside Civil War memorial to get out and burn one when I was out cruising in the 500. I can't even count how many times I've had some POS pickup truck, 80's Camaro, Honda with a fart can, even sport bikes, drive by when I was parked and just rev the s**t out of their engine while I was standing there.

I don't ever remember it happening when I would be in the SGT or GT/CS, just the 500.
Old 2/28/16, 02:25 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
^I hate how people are in the opposite direction lanes and still make a point to rev you up. It's just senseless at the end of the day. Sadly, it's literally everytime I drive! Glad to see its all over as I was beginning to take it personally.

The most recent "jab" at me was a Genesis driver that made it a point to pursue me, roll down the window, and ask to "run me on 37." (HW in Indiana)

Of course, I refused and he said "I've got a 3.8 and you've got a 5.0...I'll be right on your @ss!"

I told him "well, hope you enjoy the view because that's where you'll stay."

So glad all my male parts are proportionate. Lol
Old 2/28/16, 04:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
^I hate how people are in the opposite direction lanes and still make a point to rev you up. It's just senseless at the end of the day. Sadly, it's literally everytime I drive! Glad to see its all over as I was beginning to take it personally.

The most recent "jab" at me was a Genesis driver that made it a point to pursue me, roll down the window, and ask to "run me on 37." (HW in Indiana)

Of course, I refused and he said "I've got a 3.8 and you've got a 5.0...I'll be right on your @ss!"

I told him "well, hope you enjoy the view because that's where you'll stay."

So glad all my male parts are proportionate. Lol
Haha I don't mind the friendly rev, when it's a nice car and I actually want to hear theirs. Like that 1LE. Just our way of saying "hi!"
Old 2/28/16, 04:54 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Haha I don't mind the friendly rev, when it's a nice car and I actually want to hear theirs. Like that 1LE. Just our way of saying "hi!"
It's the human version of dogs sniffing each others butts.
Old 2/28/16, 05:06 PM
Cobra Member

Oh man I'm so guilty of that! I rev my car at vettes, other gt500s, high end Porsches, basically any car that could give me a good race. I do it hoping they turn around, if someone did it to me while I was out cruisin I would defintely turn around and see if they wanted to race.

I figure it's all in good fun and they would appreciate it if they like fast cars. I would not appreciate that from a ricer or equivalent unless it was for a good laugh.
Old 2/28/16, 05:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I think there is something to what you're saying. When I used to smoke, I'd stop at a park or some roadside Civil War memorial to get out and burn one when I was out cruising in the 500. I can't even count how many times I've had some POS pickup truck, 80's Camaro, Honda with a fart can, even sport bikes, drive by when I was parked and just rev the s**t out of their engine while I was standing there.

I don't ever remember it happening when I would be in the SGT or GT/CS, just the 500.
Awesome post, LMFAO

Quick Reply: Does a gt500 make SOME people lose their minds???