2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Does anyone else not give a **** about a fancy shmancy interior?

Search this Thread

Old 7/14/11 | 06:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm for fewer buttons especially out of of a muscle/sports car. Nav is nice I kinda like my gs 300 the climate, nav and music all on one screen.
Old 7/14/11 | 07:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

The home screen on the Ford nav is that way as well. You can customise it if you want . Don't want the map you can display a pic. Don't want the ac you can have a neat little EQ, or no radio and ac just the nav and a pic.
Old 7/14/11 | 07:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi Hytek,

Have you brought this seat issue to your Ford dealer’s attention? If not, I recommend you make an appointment with them so they can look at them. Then, please message me with your contact info, VIN, and dealer info so I can escalate this for you. Also, here are the steps for your MyColor: Note: Headlamps or parking lamps must be on to set up colors.
To choose colors for the gauges, halo color or ambient lighting do the following:
1. Press SETUP to reach the GAUGE COLOR, AMBIENT COLOR, or HALO COLOR menu.
2. Press RESET to scroll through the following color options:
•ICE BLUE •BLUE
•WHITE •ORANGE
•GREEN •RED
•PURPLE •MYCOLOR 1, 2, 3 (See HOLD RESET TO SET MY COLOR 1, 2, 3 following to save personalized color combinations).
This info can be found on page 22 in your owner manual.

Deysha
Thanks for the help Deysha! As for the seat, the dealer is ordering a new track b/c it won't go up or down as of recently. Thankfully it broke right where I need it. When they swap it out next week I'm going to show them the wear. They've been pretty good fixing things so far, if they give me trouble I will let you know.
Old 7/14/11 | 08:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here is as Video I made of the home screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DPemneNyDg
Old 7/14/11 | 08:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by m4a1mustang
The Katzkin leather kits are actually pretty good if they are installed properly, so that's an option.
Picture and or site?
Old 7/14/11 | 09:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Black 5.0
No offense taken. Go sit in one, you will probably change your mind about it. Everything has a quality feel to it, real metal and soft touch everywhere. The seats and steering wheel are amazing, and the glove box is air conditioned if you need it. Hell, even the door pockets are carpeted (woo hoo).

European cars on average have a feeling of quality that Americans (despite their best efforts) have yet to fully duplicate.

Don't get me wrong, I bleed ford blue most of the time. I love my mustang, but the upgraded interior did not sell me by a long shot.
I DO like the seats (Germans always get these and the brakes right) and the ROUND (not hemispherical) tach/speedo, and I didn't know about the carpeted door pockets. But the HVAC vents reminded me of the ones in my $700 1993 Corolla. As I said I guess I need to see it in person to appreciate it.

One of the best interiors I've experienced was on a former car of mine, a 1999 BMW 540 6MT, with the M-sport package. Simple and to the point, I think it was close to ergonomic perfection, except I wasn't fond of the red night-lighting:

Old 7/14/11 | 09:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
I DO like the seats (Germans always get these and the brakes right) and the ROUND (not hemispherical) tach/speedo, and I didn't know about the carpeted door pockets. But the HVAC vents reminded me of the ones in my $700 1993 Corolla. As I said I guess I need to see it in person to appreciate it.

One of the best interiors I've experienced was on a former car of mine, a 1999 BMW 540 6MT, with the M-sport package. Simple and to the point, I think it was close to ergonomic perfection, except I wasn't fond of the red night-lighting:
I personally don't like it but that's just my opinion I'm sure It must have fit you tho
Old 7/14/11 | 09:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Dubya11
I personally don't like it but that's just my opinion I'm sure It must have fit you tho
LOL, probably that, and my memory is likely too photogenic!
Old 7/14/11 | 10:56 PM
Bullitt Member

LOL, probably that, and my memory is likely too photogenic!
Haha oh well nice thing about personal preference is it means no one will have the exact same ideas or wants in a vehicle which is why all us mustangers enjoy threading
Old 7/14/11 | 11:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

I loved the E39s interior, it was the basis for the E46's interior.
Old 7/14/11 | 11:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

I love my E92 M3's interior, not the sharpest to look at but its simple and functional and the new iDrive is loads better than the old one.

I really hope Ford moves on past the retro theme, yes it should still be a Mustang in the next generation but modern. I say this as I highly doubt Ford would do much until 2014 when they just spent money redoing the 2010+ Mustang interior. Actually, the 2010+ interior is pretty nice. I think the seats really need to be made of better quality, not much support as there is in the M3 (a car I think Ford will directly compete with someday) and with better leather. The inner door panels are a joke, better offerings in the Focus and Fusion and Mustangs aren't exactly cheap on fully loaded GTs and up. The got the technology, the soft feel dash and much better fit and finish just need to fine tune the details.

Dave

Last edited by Dave07997S; 7/14/11 at 11:16 PM.
Old 7/14/11 | 11:26 PM
Bullitt Member

How can y'all afford BMW's and nice stangs damnn!!
Old 7/15/11 | 12:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'll agree Ford needs to upgrade those interior door panels to be soft skin like the dash, the entire panel and not just the uppers. I hate the plastic door panels. They feel like cheap Rubbermaid and they scuff too easy.

I have always been annoyed with the plastic dashtop that is hollow and creeks. The console also looks like a chunk of Rubbermaid. Fortunately those issues were addressed for 2010 with the new soft skin dash and a console designed with a more flowing premium look. Now they just need to bring the door panels in line with the more premium look and feel.

The all black vinyl steering wheel of the base cars is just pathetic. Whoever said it looks like it belongs on a lawn tractor is right. At least that is something that can be changed using the premium factory wheels or aftermarket Grant wheels.

Last edited by watchdevil; 7/15/11 at 12:49 AM.
Old 7/15/11 | 01:59 AM

Interior

After comparing the Mustang to my daughter's new Camaro, I liked the Mustang better. Seems the Camaro tries too hard to blend retro and modern together, it's OK, but the Mustang did a better job IMO.......That and they wanted $3500 more for a same equipped Camaro.
Old 7/15/11 | 05:40 AM
DCS

Originally Posted by MRGTX
My personal preference is for a functional, clean interior with minimal bling, minimal complexity, gas and brake pedals that are approproaiately spaced for heel and toe operation, good seating position, and supportive seats that won't be threadbare in 10k miles. That's it!

IMO, both generations of the S197 Mustangs are a solid B+ in the interior department. I have the base cloth interior-- Seating position is very good, guages are clear and easy to read, pedals are...acceptable but not perfect, shifter falls right in my hand. It seems like the cloth seats will hold up...time will tell. The side bolstering on the seats is about 75% of what I would like...Not bad but I still feel like my back muscles are working a little too hard when pushing the car through tight turns. Over all, I am satisfied with the interior.

If I could change one thing it would be to ban chrome accents from the dash. Even through sunglasses, there are times where the glare is intolerable.

What do you guys think?
So many of your concerns can be addressed with some additional tech, but your argument is to avoid added complexity...

401A interior or the CS interior will eliminate tons of glare.
Lumbar support in my seats makes my back happy! Not sure if the base package has that, but it rocks!

I have a 2012 GT Premium convertible, auto, 401A, HID, comfort package, electronics, camera and sensors. You'll have to pry my bling from my cold, dead claws!
Old 7/15/11 | 06:31 AM

I love the blue accents on the seats, and steering wheel of my GT premium, add a touch of class. Overall I am very happy with my interior, but the sun visors are the cheepest things I have ever seen. Get rid of the flip up cover over the visor mirrors, and make the visors a little thicker. Miss the double visors on my Lightning
Old 7/15/11 | 08:45 AM
GT Member

I have base model and wish they would have used a nicer steering wheel. I had an 07 with the premium package and heated seats. I dont think the leather held up as well as my cloth seats. At the time I purchased financially the 400 option wasnt in the cards.
Old 7/15/11 | 08:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Black 5.0
I have to say I don't care about it one bit. I thought I would after a while, but no. The car drives the same, I like cloth seats personally and base is the only way I could get them. Butt warmers not necessary and my radio is almost never used.

We have a 2010 GTI also, which has a really bad *** interior. I guess i'm spoiled, but the 400a and 401a doesn't even come close to this:

Not so sure I agree with you here. Everyone has their own opinion. Plaid seats are not for me even if the theme is for Golf.

Last edited by eurocobra; 7/15/11 at 09:08 AM.
Old 7/15/11 | 09:14 AM
Bullitt Member

And we have come a long way from this:

But quite a ways yet to get here to this level if it ever happens:

I am happy with the quality offered today in the mustang. If it gets better I will appreciate it because I enjoy a bit of refinement as well as raw power. So between my two cars 2003 Kenne Bell cobra and 2011 V6 stang with nav package etc. I am happy for now. I do want a car with it all someday. It would be great if it is a mustang of some sort.

Last edited by eurocobra; 7/15/11 at 09:16 AM.
Old 7/15/11 | 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by eurocobra

Not so sure I agree with you here. Everyone has their own opinion. Plaid seats are not for me even if the theme is for Golf.
I think the stang interior is beautiful.. So idk what anyone would complain about..lucky me it's good enough for me I dont have to worry about it not being good enough

Quick Reply: Does anyone else not give a **** about a fancy shmancy interior?