Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

CS valance questions and fogs

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/11, 11:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CS valance questions and fogs

First off how much is the CS valance and how difficult to install? Also I have the grill mounted fogs, is there a way to keep the grill mounted fogs and add fogs to the valance also?

I know that's a lot of fog lights, it's not a semi but am curious about feasibility while I mull over if I would go that route.

Thanks, Griff
Old 2/25/11, 11:18 PM

The CS valance with fogs (Part# BR3Z-15200-AA) is $349 from the dealership and $279.20 + shipping from newfordparts.com. It is very easy to install, but you have to take off the bumper.

There is a way to have another set of fogs, but you need to tap power to run it simultaneously. The more knowledgeable guys can shine light on that.
Old 2/25/11, 11:20 PM
Bullitt Member

I am going to do that and keep both sets of fogs. OAC Sparky wants to do that, but he is going to install something that lets you use only one set at a time, but use them with the same fog switch that is already on the car. He already posted something in another thread on some of the things I will need to do this, so I will look for that when I have time. I do plan on going into the fuse box and adding a fuse for this as well as a switch so I can use both sets if I want to. I think that I will run the new set off of the existing switch and run the GT fogs off of the new switch. I am even pondering adding HID lights to the GT fogs so that I can use the Valance fogs as regular ones and use the GT fogs to have both the HID GT Fogs and the HID brights on at the same time in really dark out of the way parts of the country. I do travel through places where even that much light will not affect anyone.
Old 2/25/11, 11:50 PM

http://www.americanmuscle.com/cs-bos...fascia-gt.html

They have them for $250 but without the fog lights
Old 2/26/11, 11:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grifftech
First off how much is the CS valance and how difficult to install? Also I have the grill mounted fogs, is there a way to keep the grill mounted fogs and add fogs to the valance also?

I know that's a lot of fog lights, it's not a semi but am curious about feasibility while I mull over if I would go that route.

Thanks, Griff
There are a few ways you can run the wiring -- how you properly wire depends on what effect you want, whether you're ok with cutting the factory harness and how much money you're willing to spend:

Basically you have 3 choices:
  1. Run one set off the stock foglight switch, run the other set off a toggle switch in the car. Pros: fairly cheap, you can run both sets of fogs at the same time Cons: doesn't look stock, have to route wires through the firewall, if you run both sets of fogs AND your headights you can run into trouble with the police.
  2. Run one set or the other all the time ie. when the stock foglight switch is off, one set of fogs are on, the other is off. When you pull the switch out, the off lights turn on and the on lights turn off. Pros: Cheap. You don't get in trouble with the police, looks stock (uses stock foglight switch) Cons: You always have one set of foglights on.
  3. Use the stock foglight switch to toggle between foglight sets. Foglight switch in, lights off. Pull switch out, one set ot foglights come on. Push in, lights off, pull out, other set of foglights on. Pros: looks stock, can have both sets foglights off, legal. Cons: most expensive method.

Last edited by OAC_Sparky; 2/26/11 at 11:59 AM.
Old 2/26/11, 12:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
It is very easy to install, but you have to take off the bumper.
No need to pull the bumper: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-pictures.html
Old 2/26/11, 05:06 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Modshack
Are you fcking kidding me?? It's THAT easy to remove the old one??
WOW. Looks like I need to order me a CS valance + BOSS splitter....
Old 2/27/11, 04:23 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the time it will take you to try and remove those two screws from the inside, and removing the clips that hold it in place, you can pull the whole bumper. I found the biggest hurdle was getting all the clips loose from the stock one, so that it could be pulled off.