Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A couple of wheel questions.

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/14, 06:14 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 70monte
I think they are one of the more rare OEM 19" optional wheel for the 13 and 14 Mustang GT. I have seen them in person a few times and really like them. I don't like the Pirelli tires so that is one negative about these wheels. I have the stock Pirelli AS tires on my car now and hate them because they are so loud with only 10,600 miles on them and watching them rotate up on jackstands, they appear to be out of round.

Replacement wheel cost for this rim on Ebay is between $200-300 from what I've seen. I've looked at a lot of aftermarket wheels and I'm just not a fan of most of the designs I see.

I also would have to get these wheels partially broken down to install the sensors and then have to get them remounted which will cost additional money over buying them and the sensors. I guess I will just wait and see if they eventually lower the price if they can't sell them.

3point7, I have compared prices of the 18 and 19" tires on tirerack and there is some difference so I know tire replacements will be more expensive in the future. I don't mind having 18" rims but for some reason all of the sudden, I find my factory base model 18" rims very plain in the looks department and want something else. Thanks for the input.

Wayne
Dude.. Where are you located. I have a set of (4) track pack 19's (Pirellis-PZero) for sale if you are interested. $900 if local. Selling wheels and tires. I have 4100 miles on the car. Its sitting in my garage for its winter nap.
Old 12/16/14, 09:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedwagon
Dude.. Where are you located. I have a set of (4) track pack 19's (Pirellis-PZero) for sale if you are interested. $900 if local. Selling wheels and tires. I have 4100 miles on the car. Its sitting in my garage for its winter nap.
Thanks, I appreciate the offer but I don't like the looks of the track pack wheels. There was someone that just had a full set of those with very low miles as well on our local CL for $700 and I just couldn't buy them because of the looks.

wayne
Old 12/26/14, 07:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I have reconsidered buying the CL rims I had shown a link to. I lost an auction on Ebay that a forum member on here had shown me that sold for over $1,000 with the sensors. I'm supposed to go Tuesday and pick up the CL rims so hopefully they are in the shape the seller says they are.

Wayne
Old 12/26/14, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, I have reconsidered buying the CL rims I had shown a link to. I lost an auction on Ebay that a forum member on here had shown me that sold for over $1,000 with the sensors. I'm supposed to go Tuesday and pick up the CL rims so hopefully they are in the shape the seller says they are.

Wayne
Good luck Wayne. I also considered these wheels but by the time you add fuel cost, new TPMS plus install they became too pricey for me. I finally ordered the Brembo wheels/tires from Rouch complete with less than 5 miles on them for $1000.00. The tire is 255/40/19 and you have a choice of Goodyear or Pirelli. Like most things do, the wheel grows on you...I love them now.
Old 12/27/14, 12:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by elkk
Good luck Wayne. I also considered these wheels but by the time you add fuel cost, new TPMS plus install they became too pricey for me. I finally ordered the Brembo wheels/tires from Rouch complete with less than 5 miles on them for $1000.00. The tire is 255/40/19 and you have a choice of Goodyear or Pirelli. Like most things do, the wheel grows on you...I love them now.
Thanks. I wish the Brembo wheels would grow on me but I just don't like the design and I wanted some wheels that have some black to them but not all black. I will have additional money with the fuel cost to go get them plus buying the sensors and having them installed but they are the wheels I want and they don't come up for sale often enough so I decided to just get them while I can find them.

The one thing I don't like is the factory Pirelli tires on them but at least I can run these and determine if my current factory Pirelli's are causing the noise I'm hearing or it's something else. When the car was new I didn't hear these noises and since the tires that are on these new wheels are new or near new, they shouldn't make any noise yet.

Where in MO are you located? I'm 30 miles west of Springfield.

Wayne
Old 12/30/14, 07:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I picked up the CL rims tonight. They were in very good shape other than one of the wheels had a couple of light scratches on the black part. I almost decided to not get them but then after driving two hours to go see them and having to drive two hours back, I figured I could live with the scratches. It's not like they probably won't get scratched anyway just from normal use. They didn't have any curb rash and the tires looked like they had all of the tread they started with.

I tried to get the guy to come down a little because of the scratches but he wouldn't. So overall, I'm happy with them and will have to get some sensors installed.

Wayne
Old 12/30/14, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, I picked up the CL rims tonight. They were in very good shape other than one of the wheels had a couple of light scratches on the black part. I almost decided to not get them but then after driving two hours to go see them and having to drive two hours back, I figured I could live with the scratches. It's not like they probably won't get scratched anyway just from normal use. They didn't have any curb rash and the tires looked like they had all of the tread they started with.

I tried to get the guy to come down a little because of the scratches but he wouldn't. So overall, I'm happy with them and will have to get some sensors installed.

Wayne
Congratulations!! Those are great looking wheels. I'm glad you decided to take them after all the time and thought you invested. They are pretty rare.
Old 12/31/14, 04:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by elkk
Congratulations!! Those are great looking wheels. I'm glad you decided to take them after all the time and thought you invested. They are pretty rare.
Thanks. I do like how they look and I hardly ever see them for sale. I can't wait to get them on the car.

Wayne
Old 1/1/15, 07:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wayne, congrats on your hard-to-find wheel score. Can you post up a pic or two when you get a chance?
Old 1/2/15, 01:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by silverstate777
Wayne, congrats on your hard-to-find wheel score. Can you post up a pic or two when you get a chance?
Thanks. I'm waiting on the new TPMS sensors I ordered along with the Ford TPMS reset tool. My car is currently housed in my garage in another town and the wheels are here with me at my fiancee's house where I live. I will take some pictures of the wheels though. They are dirty and it's still below freezing so they won't look the greatest.

Wayne
Old 1/2/15, 02:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here is a picture of the wheels and tires. They are pretty dirty since they were dust covered and I need to clean off some light tar stains.
Name:  011_zpsf6885c93.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  155.8 KB

Wayne
Old 1/2/15, 05:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Here is a picture of the wheels and tires. They are pretty dirty since they were dust covered and I need to clean off some light tar stains. Wayne
Thanks for the pic. Those wheels will go together well with your SGM GT, but you already knew that.
Old 1/2/15, 05:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the pic. Those wheels will go together well with your SGM GT, but you already knew that.
Yeah, I know they will. There is a picture of a SGM mustang on the SGM section that has these wheels and I think it looks very good.

Wayne
Old 1/6/15, 05:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

I received the new sensors and reset tool today. Now to get them installed. Should I have the dealer do this or will most tire shops be able to do this without screwing something up?

Wayne
Old 1/6/15, 06:09 PM
Bullitt Member

I received the new sensors and reset tool today. Now to get them installed. Should I have the dealer do this or will most tire shops be able to do this without screwing something up?

Wayne
Hi Wayne. Most any tire shop can install them, really no big deal as long as they are careful. If they mark the tire/rim location they won't even have to balance them. NTB, Dobbs, Firestone etc..shop for best price.
Old 1/6/15, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just want whoever does it to not scratch up the wheels any more than the few marks they already have. I will call around and find out some prices. Thanks.

Wayne
Old 1/17/15, 04:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I got the wheels installed today. I had the TPMS sensors installed yesterday and put the wheels on today. Here they are:
Name:  002_zpsbf9a5e5a.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  139.6 KB
Name:  001_zps5d9b7dff.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  109.3 KB

Here is an older picture of the original wheels.
Name:  226_zps3d9682d4.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  161.0 KB
Name:  225_zps6081e1b2.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  140.5 KB

I think the new wheels look better and am glad I decided to buy them.

Wayne
Old 1/17/15, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I got the wheels installed today. I had the TPMS sensors installed yesterday and put the wheels on today. I think the new wheels look better and am glad I decided to buy them.
Wayne
Your new wheels are looking good. Real good!
Old 1/17/15, 11:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Your new wheels are looking good. Real good!
Thanks. These tires are quieter than the ones I just took off because they have way less miles on them.

Wayne
Old 1/18/15, 05:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Trumpetlon
I just used the calculator at 1010Tires.com. You will be going 1 mph faster than your speedo is telling you. No worry at all.
Does this impact the odometer as well? And if so, which direction? Makes my head hurt thinking about this kind of stuff.

Quick Reply: A couple of wheel questions.