2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

The Comfort Pkg should be included in the Electronics Pkg...

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/10, 10:50 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I plan on having fun with cars and other adrenaline generating activities, no matter what my age. The lady friend will have to get used to that.
Old 7/7/10, 11:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lancel
Of course you can still be reasonable about it and not sell your daughter into prostitution for a Corvette ZR1, but you catch my drift.
I know a guy that was gonna do that!
Old 7/7/10, 06:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The automatic temperature controls and the touch-screen navigation system have to go together. The climate controls are integrated into the touchscreen as well - you can adjust the temperature, fan, etc. using the touchscreen. That integration wouldn't work properly with manual controls.

Ford could move the automatic temperature control into the comfort package... if they did that, they would have to either also include auto temp in the Electronics Package, or require the Comfort Package with the Electronics Package.

As far as MyFordTouch goes... the system is fantastic. Will love to see how that gets integrated into the Mustang going forward.
Old 7/7/10, 06:38 PM
Banned

to me this stuff is cool. but its a mustang. not a family car. i want cloth seats and a good radio. but now i have to buy the leather to get the shaker. which is gay.
Old 7/7/10, 06:49 PM
V6 Member

Just have to make sure she understands the full package she's getting into. If she doesn't know you well enough to know that your moderately expensive sports car is a requirement, not an option, then she needs to get to know you better before any kind of life changing decision like marriage. Most people assume that cars aren't a big deal for most, or that you'll grow out of it when you get family responsibility. You know, you have a Mustang GT now, but in five years when you're married and have a family, you'll trade it in on a Toyota with good gas mileage and an automatic like a good law-abiding citizen.
A 40k car is moderately expensive?
Old 7/7/10, 07:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kevworthy
A 40k car is moderately expensive?
Only compared to the kind of cars people might be expecting out of people in that situation like a Camry or an Accord or, heck, even a Genesis, which would easily go for $10,000 less and be cheaper on gas. For some, that's a lot of money.

For a sports car though you really can't beat a Mustang for affordability and value.
Old 7/7/10, 07:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by shadowstang03gt
to me this stuff is cool. but its a mustang. not a family car. i want cloth seats and a good radio. but now i have to buy the leather to get the shaker. which is gay.
Old 7/8/10, 05:37 AM

Just have to make sure she understands the full package she's getting into. If she doesn't know you well enough to know that your moderately expensive sports car is a requirement, not an option, then she needs to get to know you better before any kind of life changing decision like marriage. Most people assume that cars aren't a big deal for most, or that you'll grow out of it when you get family responsibility. You know, you have a Mustang GT now, but in five years when you're married and have a family, you'll trade it in on a Toyota with good gas mileage and an automatic like a good law-abiding citizen.

As far as I'm concerned, my car will be a Mustang for all eternity. My first car was a Mustang. My second car was a Mustang. My- well, wait, I'm only on my second.

There are many assumptions there, and they apply to 95% of the population, but it can cause problems with a relationship when later on you suddenly clarify that this is your lifestyle, as it makes you look like you're being irresponsible by insisting on getting a new sports car when you say you need a new car, and money she expects to have in her mind suddenly won't be there, and so on. Just have to make sure she knows this is an aspect of you, and this won't change. Of course you can still be reasonable about it and not sell your daughter into prostitution for a Corvette ZR1, but you catch my drift. If I get married, I'm making sure it's to a girl that will let me keep my lifestyle.

Alright, I've exceeded my soap box quota for the day.
Well said. I've been married for over 2 years now, and my wife knows that cars will always be part of my life. She has no problem with that.