2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

College Modder

Search this Thread

Old 8/14/13, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post College Modder

So i spent a good amount of this past summer working and saving as much money as i could (gas prices with the gas mileage of my 2010 v6 are not helping) for spending money while i'm away at college for the next 3 months. I have saved close to $2000 and am now looking for cheap mods to do to my 2010 Mustang V6 Premium with the Pony Package. Well, either cheap mods, or mods that i can do for cheap.

I am starting with the back end. I want the 2013 tail lights so badly. I found a pair on Ebay for $750, and am not sure if blowing almost half my saved money right off the bat is a wise thing to do. If i can find them for cheaper, i might pull the trigger. I definitely want them though. With those, i will probably have to buy a new bumper since the gap left by the 2010 lights is just unbearable for my OCD. With THAT, i'll probably grab a new rear diffuser and finally upgrade to a true dual exhaust. Already, i am amassing around $2000, but there's got to be a cheaper way. If ANYONE knows of anywhere i can get any parts like this for cheap, then please let me know. I know about American Muscle, Stangmods, CJ's Pony Parts, and NTO, but i'm talking cheaper than that (if possible). It would be an absolute HUGE help.

Now for the other side of the car. I have installed 8000k Xentec hi/lo HIDs into my stock housings and it looks pretty clean. I guess i'm over my phase of wanting the AM halo headlights so badly. My problem now is the grille. I have the Pony Package V6 so i have the lame grille with the lines that run across it horizontally and end where the surround of the grille that is attached to the bumper is silver (the color of my car). I, for one, LOVE the look of the GT's, with the all black bumpers, and like them even more with the tri-bar pony in the lower corner of it. However, it appears the only way i can accomplish this is if i were to buy a whole new GT bumper in my color, then buy a whole new grille, another $500 if i'm lucky enough to get the lower GT grille with the fog lights. That brings my total to roughly $2500, and let's not forget, i'm a broke college student.

Either way, these are mods i will try to do to my Mustang in the next 4 years, when it will be time to get rid of her and move on to something else. I sure do hope i can complete this list of mods, and i really hope that my fellow Stang owners can help me out one way or another. If anything, this is just a post to kind of give you an idea of what i have in store. I've also taken into account wrapping my roof in black carbon fiber, and plastidipping my grille as a cheaper route. Not something i want to do but it might have to do. I'll be posting more pictures of my Mustang soon so stay tuned if you so desire.
Attached Thumbnails College Modder-monica-church-sunset.jpg  
Old 8/14/13, 09:43 PM
GT Member

I put on the Boss 302 exhaust from Ford Racing with QTP electric cutouts. A nice first mod I think, doesn't bust your warranty (as per dealer who installed). Doesn't gain much if any HP, but fun to turn the engine music up or down as mood strikes. That will leave cash left over from your $2K budget
Old 8/14/13, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by miner999r
I put on the Boss 302 exhaust from Ford Racing with QTP electric cutouts. A nice first mod I think, doesn't bust your warranty (as per dealer who installed). Doesn't gain much if any HP, but fun to turn the engine music up or down as mood strikes. That will leave cash left over from your $2K budget
I'm thinking of just picking up a GT exhaust from an older (like an 05 or something) mustang off craigslist, maybe even a 2011 gt500?
Old 8/14/13, 11:00 PM

Also, does anyone know if i was just to get a grille surround from a GT and then throw in a grille, if that would work? Here's what i'm kinda talking about: http://www.ebay.com/itm/280817561509...84.m1438.l2649
Old 8/14/13, 11:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
No, you'll need the whole new GT bumper. I'd hold off on the 2013 tails, as you already have the trim on yours and it looks good. I'd pick up a set of GT500 mufflers, add the FRPP X-pipe, 2010-12 GT500 valance and call it a day. Then do suspension.