2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Clueless or trying to get out of it?

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/11, 02:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clueless or trying to get out of it?

I was reading some transmission posts on the NHTSA website ( http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/results.cfm )and came across this..

Make:FORD
Model: MUSTANG
Year:2011
Complaint Number: 10365297

Summary:TL*THE CONTACT OWNS A 2011 FORD MUSTANG SHELBY GT500. AFTER DRIVING OUT OF A PARKING LOT AT 35 MPH AND DEPRESSING THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL WITH FORCE, BOTH REAR WHEELS BEGAN TO SPIN CAUSING THE VEHICLE TO FISH TAIL AND SPIN OUT OF CONTROL.THE TRACTION CONTROL FAILED TO STOP THE VEHICLE. THE VEHICLE SETTLED ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD FACING THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. THERE WAS EXTENSIVE DAMAGED TO THE VEHICLE AND IT WAS TOWED TO THE DEALER. A POLICE REPORT WAS FILED. THERE WERE NO INJURIES. THE DEALER WILL REPAIR THE VEHICLE FOR $15,000. THE MANUFACTURER STATED THAT THEY WOULD GIVE HIM A CALL WITHIN 24 HOURS. THE FAILURE MILEAGE WAS 100.

then came across this

Make:FORD Model:
MUSTANG Year:2011
Complaint Number: 10369641

Summary:TEST DRIVING 2011 FORD MUSTANG SHELBY COBRA GT 500. PULLED OUT OF PARKING LOT SLOWLY ONTO ROADWAY AND WHEN STRAIGHT DEPRESSED ACCELERATOR FOR HARD ACCELERATION. VEHICLE ACCELERATED FOR A FRACTION OF A SECOND, THEN BEGAN SPINNING BOTH REAR WHEELS AND VIOLENTLY AND WITHOUT WARNING WENT OUT OF CONTROL AND SPUN AROUND IN ROAD HITTING CURB RESULTING IN SEVERE DAMAGE TO WHEELS, BODY AND SUSPENSION. VEHICLE TRAVELED APROX. 100 FEET FROM POINT WHERE THE VEHICLE ENTERED THE ROADWAY AND WHERE IT STRUCK CURB FACING THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM (ADVANCE TRAC) HAD NOT BEEN TURNED OFF. NO ADVANCE TRAC WARNING LIGHTS WERE ILLUMINATED ON THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER. VEHICLE REACHED SPEED OF APRX. 35 MPH AND WAS IN 1ST GEAR (MANUAL SHIFT) NO INJURIES TO DRIVER OR PASSENGER. TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM FAILED TO PREVENT REAR WHEEL SPIN. ROAD WAS PAVED AND DRY. COULD HAVE CAUSED SEVERE INJURIES. WOULD NEVER HAD ATTEMPTED HARD ACCELERATION KNOWING SYSTEM WOULD NOT PREVENT WHEELSPIN AS ADVERTISED BY FORD.

im thinking.. this guy is just trying to pass the blame on something other than his own driving skill.
Old 4/25/11, 03:24 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
LMAO, now that is funny. WHY DIDN'T THE TRACTION CONTROL SAVE ME!!??!!??!
Old 4/25/11, 05:17 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
This is why most dealers won't let people test drive a GT500 .
Old 4/25/11, 05:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
ummmmmmm let off the go pedal??
Old 4/25/11, 06:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ok.. im having some trouble sleeping so i figured i would come back to this and put my take on what he/she is describing line by line..

1. THE CONTACT OWNS A 2011 FORD MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 AFTER DRIVING OUT OF A PARKING LOT AT 35 MPH ( so you just jumped in the car on the dealer lot and decided to turn out of the parking lot at 35 mph?) hmmm interesting

2. DEPRESSING THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL WITH FORCE ( stabing the throttle in ANY car with over 300 hp at 35mph.. not a good idea if you never drove a car with that much HP)

3.BOTH REAR WHEELS BEGAN TO SPIN CAUSING THE VEHICLE TO FISH TAIL AND SPIN OUT OF CONTROL ( ya, stabbing the throttle has a tendancy to do that)

4. THE TRACTION CONTROL FAILED TO STOP THE VEHICLE.. ( its not supposed to stop the vehicle, who-ever told you it does is a moron )

5. THE VEHICLE SETTLED ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD FACING THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION ( see comment #2 and #3)

6.THERE WAS EXTENSIVE DAMAGED TO THE VEHICLE AND IT WAS TOWED TO THE DEALER ( they had to tow it?!.. you were 100' from thier driveway!) . A POLICE REPORT WAS FILED. ( good i hope the cops took pictures of the rubber you laid down on the road.. o wait.. the traction control is the problem.. )

---------------------------------------

I'm under the impression that both reports are the same guy, just wrote up another report to "tell his side of the story" on how he is the victum.. they were posted on the same day..

1. TEST DRIVING 2011 FORD MUSTANG SHELBY COBRA GT 500.( so now its a shelby cobra gt500, a min. ago it was just a gt500) PULLED OUT OF PARKING LOT SLOWLY ONTO ROADWAY AND WHEN STRAIGHT DEPRESSED ACCELERATOR FOR HARD ACCELERATION ( ok.. so now you pulled our very slowly.. then "straightened out" and then stabbed the throttle..)

2. VEHICLE ACCELERATED FOR A FRACTION OF A SECOND , THEN BEGAN SPINNING BOTH REAR WHEELS AND VIOLENTLY AND WITHOUT WARNING
(again stabbing the throttle will do that)

3. AND VIOLENTLY AND WITHOUT WARNING WENT OUT OF CONTROL AND SPUN AROUND ( reread comment #2 and #3 in above statement )

4. NO ADVANCE TRAC WARNING LIGHTS WERE ILLUMINATED ON THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER. (should have been watching the road and not the instrument cluster )

VEHICLE REACHED SPEED OF APRX. 35 MPH AND WAS IN 1ST GEAR (MANUAL SHIFT)
( well the 0-60' if at a stop at 35mph is 1.8 sec.. so you traveled down the road punched the throttle or was the throttle already punched cause on street tires on a track you will be doing 35mph in 60' only under hard acceletation ie. racing conditions ) reason why i used 60' in a moment..

now 1st gear @35 mph in a 550+hp car.. you decided to " depress the accerator with force" ? and wondering why this all happend?

5. TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM FAILED TO PREVENT REAR WHEEL SPIN
( no the car was working fine, it's was the driver )

6. COULD HAVE CAUSED SEVERE INJURIES ( wow we agree on something.. YOU could have caused ALOT of injuries )

7.WOULD NEVER HAD ATTEMPTED HARD ACCELERATION (shouldnt have anyway you were on a public road not a race track) KNOWING SYSTEM WOULD NOT PREVENT WHEELSPIN AS ADVERTISED BY FORD
(never seen this advertised, and only you can prevent wheel spin.. or induce wheel spin.. ONLY YOU!)

Summary.. you got in the car turned right out of the lot. punched the throttle in 1st gear and spun the car around 100' away from where you entereed the road way.. ..im just going out on a limb and claim (BULL SH*T!) the math and physics dont add up...

(the reason i used 0-60' is the poster "claims" this all happened with in 100' of the driveway" so my guess so far is that he stabbed the throttle right out of the lot spun the car hit the curb across the street and trying to blame the car "with faulty traction control". so his insurance doesn't go up ..)

(one last thing...no one should ever let an idiot like you get behind the wheel of another shelby, maybe you should start with a SMART CAR)

Last edited by pony racer; 4/25/11 at 06:07 AM.
Old 4/25/11, 06:14 AM
Bullitt Member

So we have 2 different cases of people having more money than driving skill or better yet knowledge of what they are driving.

I do not believe that the traction control is advertised to PREVENT wheel spin, mine doesn't (do I have to file a report??!!), if they were told this by the dealer, again it's just another example of sales men(women) not knowing the product they are selling, and just looking for the commission check!

Sad about the cars, but I am not sorry for the drivers and somehow it makes me chuckle at their expense!
Old 4/25/11, 06:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reminds me of the stories I've heard about technicians and new owners who have destroyed Dodge Vipers.

My new GT is the highest-hp car I've ever owned, and I know full well that I have quite a bit more learning to do with it!
Old 4/25/11, 06:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MustangGTPilot
So we have 2 different cases of people having more money than driving skill or better yet knowledge of what they are driving.

Sad about the cars, but I am not sorry for the drivers and somehow it makes me chuckle at their expense!
i think its the same person..both are dated the same date 10/3/10
Old 4/25/11, 08:36 AM
V6 Member

How about the dude complaining about driving the manual with loafers? I hope this guy is on this forum.

Originally Posted by Poor Mustang GT Loafer Wearing Guy
THE CAR HAS A MANUAL 6 SPEED TRANSMISSION. WHEN WEARING LOAFERS AND WITH DEPRESSION OF THE CLUTCH TO SHIFT, THE HEEL OF THE LOAFER UPON RELEASING THE CLUTCH WILL CATCH ON THE FLOOR MAT AND THE SHOE WILL DISLODGE FROM MY FOOT. THIS HAS HAPPENED MORE THAN A DOZEN TIMES AND CAN/WILL CAUSE AN ACCIDENT. IT HAS HAPPENED WITH 3 DIFFERENT PAIRS OF SHOES. THIS CAN HAPPEN AT ANY SPEED. THE EVENT DESCRIBED ABOVE WAS WHILE BACKING OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY BUT IT HAS HAPPENED WHILE SHIFTING NORMALLY. I HAVE NOTIFIED FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE TODAY AND THEY MAY PROVIDE ME WITH A DIFFERENT FLOOR MAT HOWEVER THIS IS A CONCERN WITH THE DESIGN OF THIS FLOOR MAT AND SHOULD BE ADDRESSED BY FORD.
That's complaint number 10396493.
Old 4/25/11, 09:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Poor Mustang GT Loafer Wearing Guy
THE CAR HAS A MANUAL 6 SPEED TRANSMISSION. WHEN WEARING LOAFERS AND WITH DEPRESSION OF THE CLUTCH TO SHIFT, THE HEEL OF THE LOAFER UPON RELEASING THE CLUTCH WILL CATCH ON THE FLOOR MAT AND THE SHOE WILL DISLODGE FROM MY FOOT. THIS HAS HAPPENED MORE THAN A DOZEN TIMES AND CAN/WILL CAUSE AN ACCIDENT. IT HAS HAPPENED WITH 3 DIFFERENT PAIRS OF SHOES. THIS CAN HAPPEN AT ANY SPEED. THE EVENT DESCRIBED ABOVE WAS WHILE BACKING OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY BUT IT HAS HAPPENED WHILE SHIFTING NORMALLY. I HAVE NOTIFIED FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE TODAY AND THEY MAY PROVIDE ME WITH A DIFFERENT FLOOR MAT HOWEVER THIS IS A CONCERN WITH THE DESIGN OF THIS FLOOR MAT AND SHOULD BE ADDRESSED BY FORD.

Seriously??! I mean WTF OVER!! Ford has a design flaw because you choose unacceptable shoes. Reminds me of an ex who *****ed my ear off how using the clutch on a previous car broke off her 4" stiletto heels - I laughed so long at her!!

Last edited by MustangGTPilot; 4/25/11 at 09:37 AM.
Old 4/25/11, 09:34 AM
Bullitt Member

My hat's off to Customer Service reps who have to field these ridiculous, refusal to take personal responsibility, complaints.
Old 4/25/11, 09:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by pony racer
i think its the same person..both are dated the same date 10/3/10
I was thinking 2 different ones by the case numbers and slightly different circumstances. Even so another Darwin candidate.
Old 4/25/11, 09:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

i love the claim that the traction control lights were not illuminated because i am sure when the car was spinning out of control their first thought was "darn let me look down and see if any of those lights are on."

of course they would be off with the car stalled out resting up against the curb the driver just hit.
Old 4/25/11, 10:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Morons, with little or no driving skills...
Old 4/25/11, 11:26 AM

Glad I'm not buying that/those poor GT 500's!
Old 4/25/11, 12:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem with this jackass is that this sort of claim and perhaps litigation will encourage manufacturers to put on more aggressive safety nannies that shut down power in the event of traction loss. What a moron.
Old 4/25/11, 12:48 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
fail on so many levels. Both of those drivers better get wreckless driving tickets too. They've already admitted it!
Old 4/25/11, 01:54 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Freaking morons!!!
Old 4/25/11, 11:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Loafer guy made me laugh