Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Checklist - Things to check when picking up your brand new car.

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/14, 08:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast
Congratulations! I see you ordered the MCA package, it's a lot more rare than the other packages. Your car will look great in white, especially with the Performance Pack wheels. You made the right choice!

Here is mine when I got her last November.

And here she is 2 weekends ago at an autocross.

I love the color and the M<CA grill is awesome.. Good Luck How does it handle and what have you done to it?
Old 6/8/14, 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
I love the color and the M<CA grill is awesome.. Good Luck How does it handle and what have you done to it?
I saw your other comment about your tail pipes having scratches and gouges in them, that sucks! Definitely take it in, if your dealer gives you any trouble at all, get with Deysha on here and she can get it escalated.

It handles great! I put BMR lowering springs and Koni STR.T shocks and struts on it, as well as a front strut tower bar. The handling is so much more improved over stock, it corners great, nice and flat, a lot less body roll, a lot less 'floaty'. I've also got a cold air intake, Steeda tune, catless H pipe, and Borla S type mufflers. The wheels are 19" Performance Pack wheels.

What did you get? Have you posted pics of it? What kind of plans do you have for it?
Old 6/9/14, 01:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I saw your other comment about your tail pipes having scratches and gouges in them, that sucks! Definitely take it in, if your dealer gives you any trouble at all, get with Deysha on here and she can get it escalated.

It handles great! I put BMR lowering springs and Koni STR.T shocks and struts on it, as well as a front strut tower bar. The handling is so much more improved over stock, it corners great, nice and flat, a lot less body roll, a lot less 'floaty'. I've also got a cold air intake, Steeda tune, catless H pipe, and Borla S type mufflers. The wheels are 19" Performance Pack wheels.

What did you get? Have you posted pics of it? What kind of plans do you have for it?
Nice job on the spacers! Looks a lot better.
Old 6/9/14, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silverstate777
I’d check the VIN on the dash and door jam against the window sticker and other documents. You should have a copy of your order with the options selected. My new 2006 Crown Victoria VIN wasn’t correct when I went to pick it up and a couple of options were missing. Dealer was cool and apologetic, had to file a mis-build document with Ford and install the missing options because I was not going to accept the car like that. At least the exterior color (Arizona Beige) was right ...
In addition to checking the VIN I always check the odometer. When I went to buy a car a couple years ago the dealer said he found one a city away. The next day I went to pick up the car and sign the paperwork the odometer read 1900 miles. In my opinion a new car has less than 30 miles on it when you take possession. Just something that I am picky about.

Like someone else said, taking the wifey along really helps. She notices smudges. scratches, and little imperfections a lot better than I can. Also, being the new car buyer you can get caught up in the moment and over look that kind of stuff but having someone there with you for an extra set of eyes really helps.
Old 6/9/14, 11:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
my $0.02 would be

1.) check the odometer when you're in the car (had an escape arrive at our dealer with 470 miles on odo just before customer picked it up, awkward situation)
2.) confirm that the wheels are the right ones (working at ford we had fusions come in with different rim options than what the window sticker said)

Last edited by HizliBullet; 6/9/14 at 11:19 AM.
Old 6/10/14, 10:31 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
I picked mine up last week. I was just as meticulous as all of the rest. I was there right after they took it off the truck. I had them keep everything and put it in the trunk stickers screws everything they took off. I looked over the car and found a few things but nothing to worry about. When I washed her this weekend I noticed that the exhaust pipes out the back had scratches and gouges in them. I am really upset but never thought to look there. I'll be at the dealer in the moring.. FYI

In all the paper work they kept I found the start build sheet and the finish build sheet. It was built in one day. It is really cool reading.
Be sure to mention this to your dealer, Jazzman442! Also, PM me with your dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate it if needed.

I saw your other comment about your tail pipes having scratches and gouges in them, that sucks! Definitely take it in, if your dealer gives you any trouble at all, get with Deysha on here and she can get it escalated. ...
Thank you for the mention, RubyRedMCA_Beast!

Deysha