2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Check Engine at less than 5000 miles :(

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/14, 09:06 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check Engine at less than 5000 miles :(

I was on the highway and when I was exiting noticed the check engine light was on. It was about to be 9 so I rushed to the AutoZone that was on the way home to pull the code. Pulled up code P219A Imbalance in Bank 1. Im guessing an O2 Sensor because the last time a check engine came on it was that (although I don't know the code for that time). Pretty much stock car for right now (GT500 Exhaust soon ). Any ideas? I'm freaking out because I won't have a chance to go service it until later in the week.

Last edited by rhrh; 5/10/14 at 09:07 PM.
Old 5/10/14, 10:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
This code could mean quite a few things:

p219a- Air Fuel Raito Imbalance Bank 1

Possible Causes: Leaking or contaminated fuel injectors, Low fuel pressure, or running out of fuel, Leaking EVAP purge valve, Exhaust or intake air system leaks, Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system, Positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system is leaking or the valve is stuck open, Ignition system, Incorrectly seated engine oil dipstick, tube or oil fill cap, Base engine concerns.

Why can't you take it? It could be minor and not be a huge problem, but it could, as we've seen in the 5.0s and their leaned out 8 cylinders. Or it could be rich and causing the cylinders to get washed.

Unless the car was going to sit until you got back from a trip or such? Take it in is your best bet. Might be a loose something or other and take an hour or so, if you got there early.
Old 5/10/14, 11:46 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by houtex
This code could mean quite a few things:

p219a- Air Fuel Raito Imbalance Bank 1

Possible Causes: Leaking or contaminated fuel injectors, Low fuel pressure, or running out of fuel, Leaking EVAP purge valve, Exhaust or intake air system leaks, Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system, Positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system is leaking or the valve is stuck open, Ignition system, Incorrectly seated engine oil dipstick, tube or oil fill cap, Base engine concerns.

Why can't you take it? It could be minor and not be a huge problem, but it could, as we've seen in the 5.0s and their leaned out 8 cylinders. Or it could be rich and causing the cylinders to get washed.

Unless the car was going to sit until you got back from a trip or such? Take it in is your best bet. Might be a loose something or other and take an hour or so, if you got there early.
Yikes, now I'm kinda more worried. I would take it tommorow but since it's a sunday and the dealership is closed that's not an option. I was hoping to take it monday but the only timing I could get when I could go is on Tuesday possibly, which i'm definitely going to take up now. I was really hoping it was just an o2 sensor like it was last time

Last edited by rhrh; 5/10/14 at 11:52 PM.
Old 5/11/14, 08:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Why the worry? Is it not under warranty?
Old 5/11/14, 09:16 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Why the worry? Is it not under warranty?
It's under warranty yes, but it worries me about what's going to happen when it's not under warranty and I hate having the car in the shop. Thankfully the ford extended plan covers me for a while.
Old 5/11/14, 11:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rhrh
It's under warranty yes, but it worries me about what's going to happen when it's not under warranty and I hate having the car in the shop. Thankfully the ford extended plan covers me for a while.
You'll be fine. Ford builds millions of engines each year, there are bound to be some issues. Issues now doesn't mean you'll have issues later. I once heard there are over 30,000 individual pieces in a car - think about that. The fact that a company can manufacture so many cars without issues is astounding. To have a problem here or there, especially with the amount of technology and electronics in a vehicle, is to be expected. Your check engine light came on to give you enough warning to get it taken care of before it turns into anything more than a minor issue.

Sleep easy at night, especially since you have the extended warranty.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

PS - Most dealers offer night drop boxes - you can leave your keys and write your info on an envelope and your car will be written up nearly first thing Monday morning and get into the shop sooner than if you were to take it in. Unless you need your car for transportation I suggest this.

Also - get in touch with Deysha on here, she'll get your concern escalated up the chain to make sure you receive top notch service. I believe her user name is FordService - can't remember for sure though
Old 5/11/14, 12:59 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast
You'll be fine. Ford builds millions of engines each year, there are bound to be some issues. Issues now doesn't mean you'll have issues later. I once heard there are over 30,000 individual pieces in a car - think about that. The fact that a company can manufacture so many cars without issues is astounding. To have a problem here or there, especially with the amount of technology and electronics in a vehicle, is to be expected. Your check engine light came on to give you enough warning to get it taken care of before it turns into anything more than a minor issue. Sleep easy at night, especially since you have the extended warranty. Good luck! Let us know how it turns out. PS - Most dealers offer night drop boxes - you can leave your keys and write your info on an envelope and your car will be written up nearly first thing Monday morning and get into the shop sooner than if you were to take it in. Unless you need your car for transportation I suggest this. Also - get in touch with Deysha on here, she'll get your concern escalated up the chain to make sure you receive top notch service. I believe her user name is FordService - can't remember for sure though
That's a fair statement... You just don't want to be one of the few affected with the issue. It sucks for the person affected.
Old 5/12/14, 12:41 PM
Bullitt Member

That's the issue with forums - gives the worryers a little too much info to worry about

Bring it to the dealer, it seems like they working on a no-mods situation so i think you'll be better than fine. They like these types of situations because they are sure the claim will be approved by corporate