2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Canceling 2013 GT Canadian order !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/12, 05:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I wouldn't cancel a car over some fog lights. I couldn't wait to get rid of mine and make my GT look like a v6.
Attached Thumbnails Canceling 2013 GT Canadian order !!!!!!-0121121641-01.jpg  
Old 4/5/12, 05:35 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^That looks way better, than a v6 covered in chrome^^
Old 4/5/12, 10:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I can't believe you paid 2k deposit, i only paid 500, and that's the maximum i wanted to pay for deposit, it's not like they needed the money. normally i would've just give them 200 bux, if they want my order they can take it otherwise i walk.
Old 4/6/12, 07:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by airoscar
I can't believe you paid 2k deposit, i only paid 500, and that's the maximum i wanted to pay for deposit, it's not like they needed the money. normally i would've just give them 200 bux, if they want my order they can take it otherwise i walk.
I wanted the air miles ...and 2k on a 47k car with taxes is only about 5% , it's not that big of a deposit.
Old 4/6/12, 08:18 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
BigR... I see what you're saying and understand where you are coming from, and thus the frustration.

I know some of the folks are stating here, that it's not a big deal, that it's just fogs or just a grille, etc.... also, some folks are stating it looks better without the fogs anyways, etc etc.

But that's not the point.

The point of the matter is, YOU DID NOT GET WHAT YOU ORDERED, period. You did not get what you were led to believe you ordered. If it were me, I would be upset too. Not sure if I would totally cancel, but I would definitely voice my concern and see if they would upgrade it or provide some other rectifying provisions.

To some people, the fogs may not be a big deal, but people value certain things over others. And if BigR feels that the "GT look" was something he really wanted, he definitely has the right to pay for and get what he paid for. Especially for a vehicle costing him 47k? Darn right I'd be pissed. I want what I paid for!

Good luck BigR. I hope you get it resolved and both sides are satisfied.
Old 4/6/12, 08:45 AM
CLG

Not to mention that we pay more for our cars in Canada. Certainly we should be getting exactly what we pay for since we pay more than our American cousins for a similar product. Ford of Canada should not be so dismissive of its customers, especially in what is for all purposes somewhat of a niche market here. The Mustang may not sell in high numbers but it is certainly somewhat of a halo car for Ford; it defines their sports heritage. More customer care should be taken.
Old 4/6/12, 08:54 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Customer care is the key word, I agree. Not enough of it these days. People like Jeff and Brian on this forum are exceptions. (I wish you guys were close to the midwest so I could have bought it from you guys)

But anways, to add to my earlier post, it's easy for some folks to dismiss BigR's concerns, or to tell him "it's no big deal, it's just fog lights dude", or etc... but point of it is, it's easy for them to say things like that WHEN IT'S NOT THEIR MONEY. But when it's YOUR $47k you're paying? I bet you'd be playing a different tune. I know I would. I already feel BigR's pain, and it's not even my money. How much more if it was mine. I'd be livid.

Last edited by FromZto5; 4/6/12 at 08:55 AM.
Old 4/6/12, 12:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
BigR, since you've bought three cars from this dealer he may consider a grill to your liking, either free or at a greatly reduced price. It's worth a shot if you haven't already tried this route. I just hate to see you may have to turn this car down. I can imagine how much wanted it, and how disapointed you are. Good luck.
Old 4/6/12, 02:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wanted33
BigR, since you've bought three cars from this dealer he may consider a grill to your liking, either free or at a greatly reduced price. It's worth a shot if you haven't already tried this route. I just hate to see you may have to turn this car down. I can imagine how much wanted it, and how disapointed you are. Good luck.
Hi wanted....the dealer said they are working the situation, I don't know what that means, but I have mentioned that in my previous post. I had made the suggestion that a 2013 boss grille would work for me .

I made it very clear to the GM and my sales rep in my meeting with them weds evening...I do not want to pay 46k for a car I like, when I can buy a car I love for 60. Cars are a passion for me, and it's one of my little vices in life that I am thankful I can afford to enjoy.

I am giving them a few business days to see what they come up with and the factory. If by end of next week we are still playing tennis on what to do ...I will be asking for a refund. The car is due here the week of the 16th ...13 weeks after my order date....I will not wait around for stall tactics until this car shows up with that chrome v6 front.

I am hoping they will have enough sense and refund my deposit if they can't (for whatever reason) put on a boss grille. If not , I have no choice but to have my lawyer send them a letter to go to the next level. It's not something I wish to do, but I suspect they will want to hang onto this deposit, as they will be holding this car once I refuse it.

The next 2 weeks will be very interesting.
Old 4/6/12, 03:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Keep us posted , hope it's not a trend we're seeing here with Canadian cars and DRL's. Again another good reason to get my 2015 in the States.
Good luck with that man.
Old 4/6/12, 04:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't put a deposit and I told my dealer that if I don't like the silver stripes that I will cancel my order. The GM said not a problem since this will have been the 5th car that I am purchasing from them.

I'm sure they'll do something otherwise this will be the 2013's "myFordtouch part II".
Old 4/6/12, 04:20 PM
Bullitt Member

That sucks man, hope it gets sorted out...but at the same time I don't get the whole Dr excuse as audisuse the l.e.D's as drls in Canada with no issues
Old 4/6/12, 04:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'll bet the led drl's on the 13's are in the process of, or will eventually be certified
but in the meantime anyone who buys a GT in canada just gets screwed ..
Old 4/7/12, 12:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by BigR
Hi wanted....the dealer said they are working the situation, I don't know what that means, but I have mentioned that in my previous post. I had made the suggestion that a 2013 boss grille would work for me .

I made it very clear to the GM and my sales rep in my meeting with them weds evening...I do not want to pay 46k for a car I like, when I can buy a car I love for 60. Cars are a passion for me, and it's one of my little vices in life that I am thankful I can afford to enjoy.

I am giving them a few business days to see what they come up with and the factory. If by end of next week we are still playing tennis on what to do ...I will be asking for a refund. The car is due here the week of the 16th ...13 weeks after my order date....I will not wait around for stall tactics until this car shows up with that chrome v6 front.

I am hoping they will have enough sense and refund my deposit if they can't (for whatever reason) put on a boss grille. If not , I have no choice but to have my lawyer send them a letter to go to the next level. It's not something I wish to do, but I suspect they will want to hang onto this deposit, as they will be holding this car once I refuse it.

The next 2 weeks will be very interesting.
I understand completely. I've been an old gearhead for a long time, and the right car is a must. I tell the Wifey that it's cheaper than drinking liquor, and chasing women. Good luck, and keep us in the loop.
Old 4/7/12, 12:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by wanted33
I tell the Wifey that it's cheaper than drinking liquor, and chasing women.
Lol...yep.
Old 4/7/12, 12:37 PM
V6 Member

Based on the thread started , the 2013 gt front has been changed for Canada and not include the fog lights in the grille....rather FORD decided to make the mouth look like the v6....nice advertising at all the canadian car shows false advertising a car they annoy deliver based on CDN laws.....someone should have done some research....at least upgrade the car if need to change, but don't downgrade your client orders ...BAD BUSINESS.

Went to my dealer, and shocked of this change and not being notified....now, I want my deposit back....who can I call at ford Canada to explain their false advertising if this new car look ? I want my 2k back deposit....aside from the dealer, who at ford do we call ? Dealer doesn't want to be stuck with this order either now, can't blame them....

https://themustangsource.com/f726/20...canada-507219/
Really? You really wanna be "that guy"?

Old 4/8/12, 12:17 AM
GT Member

I'm sure the dealer will give back your deposit on request. Simple as that. 2K is nothing to them and neither is a Mustang GT on the lot. I've had two new car deals gone south and both times, the dealer refunded my deposit with no questions asked and no hard feelings.

I am disapointed with the 2013 Canadian Mustang GT's too, the grill mounted foglights are a signature icon. It sucks to lose them, Transport Canada can lick my tires...
Old 4/10/12, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Update -

Talked to the dealer today, the car is complete, and awaiting shipping to Canada...as per Deysha (thank you) , ballpark eta is next week, though I can't get full commitment yet. After 12 weeks of waiting, guess I will see the car late next week as a starter.

As for the grille, my dealer has to wait for someone who is on vacation until next week to see what option(s) is allowed, or available. The comforting part is my dealer said they are working it...again , whatever that means....I guess we will find out late next week.
Old 4/10/12, 06:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Whatever they do as a dealership, it would have to be within the TC guidelines I would think. Good luck with it all.
Old 4/11/12, 12:21 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Update -

Talked to the dealer today, the car is complete, and awaiting shipping to Canada...as per Deysha (thank you) , ballpark eta is next week, though I can't get full commitment yet. After 12 weeks of waiting, guess I will see the car late next week as a starter.
As for the grille, my dealer has to wait for someone who is on vacation until next week to see what option(s) is allowed, or available. The comforting part is my dealer said they are working it...again , whatever that means....I guess we will find out late next week.
You're welcome, BigR! I can't wait until it ships and gets there, so I can see pictures!

Deysha

Quick Reply: Canceling 2013 GT Canadian order !!!!!!