Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Canceling 2013 GT Canadian order !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/12, 05:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canceling 2013 GT Canadian order !!!!!!

Based on the thread started , the 2013 gt front has been changed for Canada and not include the fog lights in the grille....rather FORD decided to make the mouth look like the v6....nice advertising at all the canadian car shows false advertising a car they annoy deliver based on CDN laws.....someone should have done some research....at least upgrade the car if need to change, but don't downgrade your client orders ...BAD BUSINESS.

Went to my dealer, and shocked of this change and not being notified....now, I want my deposit back....who can I call at ford Canada to explain their false advertising if this new car look ? I want my 2k back deposit....aside from the dealer, who at ford do we call ? Dealer doesn't want to be stuck with this order either now, can't blame them....

https://themustangsource.com/f726/20...canada-507219/

Last edited by BigR; 4/4/12 at 05:10 PM.
Old 4/4/12, 05:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Not sure who you would call. I will see if I can find out anything. Good for you in not taking the car. I wonder how many else will feel the same way. I would not buy it with that front end. As stated before, the US GT looks fine.
Old 4/4/12, 06:29 PM

....rather FORD decided to make the mouth look like the v6,

but don't downgrade your client orders .../QUOTE]

I guess us V6 owners are not worthy enough !
Old 4/4/12, 06:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by john_688
....rather FORD decided to make the mouth look like the v6,

but don't downgrade your client orders .../QUOTE]

I guess us V6 owners are not worthy enough !
I wonder how you would feel if you v6 looked like the focus then....

Of course you would take it personal that way....hope it doesn't happen to you...but maybe it should so you can understand.
Old 4/4/12, 06:44 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by BigR
hope it doesn't happen to you...but maybe it should so you can understand.
I understand frustration and feel for you; That seems a bit harsh however. I can't say what I would do if it happened to me....probably put a billet grille, or an equivalent, like many people do, but if thats enough to make you cancel so be it. I'd personally try to think of that its starting to resemble a California Special. Did they have the grill fogs in 2012?

Good luck and I hope there is some positive solution in the end. As far as false advertising, you can call Ford Canada and try to touch base with a legal team, but without representation yourself it probably won't do much at all. I'm not familiar with Canada laws but if its like the US, it wouldn't be worth the attorney fees.
Old 4/4/12, 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 88Saleen544
I understand frustration and feel for you; That seems a bit harsh however. I can't say what I would do if it happened to me....probably put a billet grille, or an equivalent, like many people do, but if thats enough to make you cancel so be it. I'd personally try to think of that its starting to resemble a California Special. Did they have the grill fogs in 2012?

Good luck and I hope there is some positive solution in the end. As far as false advertising, you can call Ford Canada and try to touch base with a legal team, but without representation yourself it probably won't do much at all. I'm not familiar with Canada laws but if its like the US, it wouldn't be worth the attorney fees.
Not harsh at all...I shouldn't be made to feel guilty to spending premium money to get a premium product, and then be short changed to not getting what I pay for, yet ford, making a few extra bucks by saving on those fogs lights, and using the base model grille as a replacement.

I should not have to try and upgrade to a cs grille...they should be offering the boss/cs grille to 5.0 owners at no charge ..... Not the other way around.

I guess this is the world we live in, you pay for a steak, and then find out you have ground chuck.
Old 4/4/12, 07:11 PM

I guess this is the world we live in, you pay for a steak, and then find out you have ground chuck.[/QUOTE]

From " downgrade " to " ground chuck " ? You're really on a roll tonight !
Great way to make friends in the Mustang community .
And to compare a " base " model to a Focus ; really ??
Old 4/4/12, 07:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

I hear ya' big R, knowing me , i would probably do the same. Good luck on gettting your deposit back.
Old 4/4/12, 07:26 PM
V6 Member

Not harsh at all...I shouldn't be made to feel guilty to spending premium money to get a premium product, and then be short changed to not getting what I pay for, yet ford, making a few extra bucks by saving on those fogs lights, and using the base model grille as a replacement.

I should not have to try and upgrade to a cs grille...they should be offering the boss/cs grille to 5.0 owners at no charge ..... Not the other way around.

I guess this is the world we live in, you pay for a steak, and then find out you have ground chuck.
I think you misunderstood me, I'd be pissed off, no doubt about it. Honestly, I can't believe the dealer wouldn't just give you a grille to keep a customer (although that starts a bad trend).

I meant it was harsh to wish it upon another person so that they would understand why you are being condescending towards their choice of model.

Again, its unfortunate this has happened to everyone that likes the look with the fog lights in the grille, but Ford.ca specifically says "actual vehicles may not be exactly as shown." This is stated in case of issues that would cause them to make changes, such as Canada requiring the change. If you feel someone owes you something, try your local government.

I wish you the best of luck, hopefully you and the dealer will find some way to salvage this and have a great car to enjoy.
Old 4/4/12, 07:38 PM
GT Member

All the power to you, Im in the exact boat, I just want it made right..
Old 4/4/12, 07:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by steve03gt
All the power to you, Im in the exact boat, I just want it made right..
Steve, I'm calling ford customer service again tomorrow with a firm stance. Don't bother shipping this vert if it has that v6 chrome mouth...I'm taking it high up to management,and advising that the dealer needs to credit me back my 2k.

They illustrated a car much different throughout Canada car shows for 2013, and the 2012 had fogs in the grille, what we are getting does not represent what they were showing...therefore, contract is null and void.

They need to realize that this is not moving an ashtray from the left side,to te right side of a counsel ....this is a drastic physical change of a car,that they falsely advertised here in Canada.

Owners that pre ordered should be respected and decline there orders if they wish, and refund them without hassle.

I don't even want the boss grille now.....it's ruining my entire new car experience now.

Shame on them!

Last edited by BigR; 4/4/12 at 07:47 PM.
Old 4/4/12, 07:52 PM
FR500 Member

And the marketing department at Ford Canada takes one foot out of their mouth (Boss owner's pack, Track Attack) so they can put the other foot in... (GT grilles)

Dumber than a bag of hammers.

Last edited by PTRocks; 4/4/12 at 07:57 PM.
Old 4/4/12, 08:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am a little lost here. I understand your frustration at not getting what was advertised; however, with that said, you are still getting the same vehicle, without the grill fog lights. I am assuming, from your comments, the lights in the grill are a deal killer, but again, I am at a loss, as this does not change the overall character of the car. It is the car, not the grill that is important. You can always change the grill out at a later date, and put your own touch on the car. If you want the CS/Boss grill, perhaps you can work out an exchange with your dealer, before he delivers it to you. Just my .02

In any event, good luck, and I hope you can work things out with Ford, to your satisfaction. Also, if you ever get an answer on why they did this, please post it.
Old 4/4/12, 08:32 PM
GT Member

A lot of the appeal to a Mustang is its appearance, and the grill is a big game changer. Especially if you now do not like its appearance. This also isn't a change in a $500 item, this is a big purchase, and it should be exactly as advertised
Old 4/4/12, 08:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
I am a little lost here. I understand your frustration at not getting what was advertised; however, with that said, you are still getting the same vehicle, without the grill fog lights. I am assuming, from your comments, the lights in the grill are a deal killer, but again, I am at a loss, as this does not change the overall character of the car. It is the car, not the grill that is important. You can always change the grill out at a later date, and put your own touch on the car. If you want the CS/Boss grill, perhaps you can work out an exchange with your dealer, before he delivers it to you. Just my .02

In any event, good luck, and I hope you can work things out with Ford, to your satisfaction. Also, if you ever get an answer on why they did this, please post it.
If I knew that they would now make it identical to the v6, I would have gotten the 6 and save 8k....I don't need 420hp...and premium gas.....but, what I did want,was that look, like the US folks are getting.

Maybe the solution is to try and get the dealer to get te boss grille...whatever te case, after spending strong money, why do i have to do this ? They are ruining the whole experience now.

And you and I ,and everyone here know very well, the dealer, and the factory will put up a fight for the boss grille , and will want to charge for it too.
Old 4/4/12, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

If I knew that they would now make it identical to the v6, I would have gotten the 6 and save 8k....I don't need 420hp...and premium gas.....but, what I did want,was that look, like the US folks are getting.
You spent an extra 8 K for the GT 'Look'?

I know your upset, and I would be too..but maybe take a breather and come back with a clear head. I was on your side until this last post.
Old 4/4/12, 08:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Norberd
You spent an extra 8 K for the GT 'Look'?

I know your upset, and I would be too..but maybe take a breather and come back with a clear head. I was on your side until this last post.
Yes, 8k...why save 8k on a big purchase for something you don't like, when spending 8k more for getting something you love.

Why settle for a gt if you really want the boss....life is too short to settle my friend.

Play hard, and staff safe !
Old 4/4/12, 09:38 PM
Bullitt Member

If you have the money to hand, go south and buy one in the US and import it. Importation is pretty straight forward and you will save a lot of $$, and get the car you want. Supply is much better to and wait times are a fraction compared to Canada where they get alotted a fraction of production a month.

That said you should persue it with Ford Canada and stand firm. As other threads have stated recently Ford Canada leave a awful lot to be desired.
Old 4/4/12, 10:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Lol why would you cancel your order. Seems like a pretty stupid thing to do IMO. Especially since the car looks better with the fog lights where they should be. That way it doesnt have those useless, cheap looking fog light slots with nothing in them. You could have always put two fog style lights in the grille without any problem.
Old 4/5/12, 06:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Importing a US car

Originally Posted by MustangGTPilot
If you have the money to hand, go south and buy one in the US and import it.
As I understand it, the reason for the Cdn setup is that the LED fogs and HID headlights cannot be used as DRLs. So if you imported a US car, you might have to remove the fogs to replace them with lights with a DRL function?

Quick Reply: Canceling 2013 GT Canadian order !!!!!!