2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Can’t get rid of codes p0131 and p0132 (Bank 1 Sensor 1 Low and High Voltage )

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/21, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can’t get rid of codes p0131 and p0132 (Bank 1 Sensor 1 Low and High Voltage )

Alright guys , need a little assistance. So in a nutshell I’ve had the original upstream sensors on the car since I’ve had it 4 years ago at 37k (pretty certain they were the same from factory) and around 106k they decided to finally go out on me (probably due to the position they were in and that I switched to E85 ). I’ve had bungs welded in at a higher location(they are slightly further down than the original location)to combat them from fouling from E85 again or atleast lessen the chance from the fouling again . I’ve since put in new sensors obviously. However , on my LCD screen my AFR is stuck on 14.0. I went and did a data log and seen that my measured AFR bank 1 is not reading anything at all . On the contrary , the bank 2 sensor is reading perfectly fine . I swapped o2 sensors to see if the problem would “follow “ a possible faulty o2 but , it remained the same. The code thrown to me because of this issue was a “p0132” ( Bank 1 Sensor 1 High Voltage …etc) . Other actions I have took to try and resolve this issue was : checking for frayed or damaged wires in the harness, replaced the sensor (assuming it just ruled to be a dud) , and unhooked my battery for 10+ minutes . However , as far drivability, the car drives fine for the most part . It idles fine and all. However , I’m looking to see if any of you guys have stumbled across a similar situation and looking to see what steps you all have took to resolve the “p0132” issue . P.S now p0131 pops up along with the consistent p0132

Last edited by IsaiahJ; 8/20/21 at 03:19 PM.
Old 8/21/21, 01:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
You're gonna need to retune the car, looks like. And/or something upstream is contaminating the sensors. Too rich might burn it up. Could be something in the fuel system or gaskets somewhere that's leeching and fouling the thing. Whatever it is, high AND low indicates the tune is seriously not happy.

Of course, regardless of your wire checks, it could still be a wiring issue somewhere... Wires can look fine all the time and fool ya. Boy howdy, can they do that...

I'd recommend finding a local tuner that can examine the car when running and find the problem. You're gonna need live data and diagnostics to get that figured out, I'm thinkin'. We can spitball from *waaay* over here and be all kinds of wrong and make you spend all kinds of money and time chasing the thing... when a computer might just tell you exactly what's goin' on and the fix you need.

Good luck. And welcome to the forums!