2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

build to delivery help

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/12, 03:38 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
build to delivery help

how long does it normally take from the car being built to the time it arrives at the dealer?Also i see people talk about priority what do the numbers mean? thanks for the help.

josh
Old 6/12/12, 06:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Josh, it all depends on where you are in relation to the factory. For me, I'm in the southeast part of PA. Once a car is built, its usually about a 2 weeks from when they ship it to the rail yard to my dealer. But everyone is different with location to Flat Rock.
Old 6/12/12, 07:36 PM
V6 Member

I'm in Texas so hoepfully a couple weeks.
Old 6/12/12, 11:53 PM
GT Member

Yeah well...after it gets built it sits in a parking lot in Flat Rock waiting to get loaded up on the train. It may sit there a day, a week or a month. There might be a "quality hold" and your car sits and sits but nobody can tell you why. Sometimes the car is there but they can't find it in the "system"...then you call your dealer and he says call Ford Customer Service. Then you call FCS then they say call the dealer. Then you get your case "escalated" and a Regional Rep gets involved and he tells you to call the Dealer or FCS. Then, the day after you get your car the Regional Rep will call you and say that your car is ready to be picked-up at the dealer. Just sayin'...it COULD happen...
Old 6/13/12, 11:25 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
The dealer will tell you 6 to 8 weeks. It does happen, our '13 hit the dealer in 6 weeks. Same dealer same song in 2010, but it took 12 weeks. Either way it will seem like an eternity, but trust me it will arrive. It is well worth the wait to get the exact car you want.
Old 6/13/12, 02:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

From what I have seen from most people who ordered a car this year it seems to take 6 weeks from the order date unless its a GT500 or a Boss 302. The GT and V6 get less done to them so it makes sense.
a) you get your Order number and sheet from the dealer
b) 2 to 2 1/2 weeks you get your VIN
c) one to two weeks after that you get the Window Sticker
d) in the area of two weeks the Build
e) a week after build you get the shipment.

Of course any other these items are subjest to change this is why the Dealers put a 8 week number on it to play it safe. I of course am hoping for the 6 weeks.
Old 6/13/12, 07:08 PM
V6 Member

thanks guys. mine was built on 6/11. they are saying it should arrive on 7/2. I'm hoping it get hear sooner, we will see. I can't wait my wife and I are going to take a road trip then i start law school.
Old 6/13/12, 07:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by blackbullitt
thanks guys. mine was built on 6/11. they are saying it should arrive on 7/2. I'm hoping it get hear sooner, we will see. I can't wait my wife and I are going to take a road trip then i start law school.
I guess you wait a bit longer since it has to go on rail to you. I am not sure if they rail it to NY or just on the truck. Does anyone know if they ship it via train to NY??

Last edited by GreenCars; 6/13/12 at 07:38 PM.
Old 6/14/12, 06:53 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
how long does it normally take from the car being built to the time it arrives at the dealer?Also i see people talk about priority what do the numbers mean? thanks for the help.
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Josh, it all depends on where you are in relation to the factory. For me, I'm in the southeast part of PA. Once a car is built, its usually about a 2 weeks from when they ship it to the rail yard to my dealer. But everyone is different with location to Flat Rock.
Thank you, 05fordgt! +1

blackbullitt, it will take a couple of weeks to get to your dealer.

Originally Posted by GreenCars
I guess you wait a bit longer since it has to go on rail to you. I am not sure if they rail it to NY or just on the truck. Does anyone know if they ship it via train to NY??
Both yours and blackbullit's cars will be shipped via rail, GreenCars.

Deysha
Old 6/14/12, 03:28 PM

It seems I may be the exception, but I drove mine off of the dealer's lot exactly 5 weeks (to within 15 minutes) of when I walked in and ordered it. However, mine was the first 2013 ordered from my dealer, so they may have gotten a higher priority. I live in Central Kansas ... not exactly close to the factory, but closer than some others.
Old 6/14/12, 04:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

I hope it does not take 2 weeks to get here after the build. I can't think of why it would take two weeks to me here in NY. I have been looking at delivery dates from others and it seems that it takes only around 1 week from build.
Old 6/14/12, 04:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope it does not take 2 weeks to get here after the build. I can't think of why it would take two weeks to me here in NY. I have been looking at delivery dates from others and it seems that it takes only around 1 week from build.

TRUTH

mine says CONVOY, and I cant see it taking weekS to get from Michigan to NJ...? come on its a 9 hour drive, ill go get it!
Old 6/14/12, 05:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Pilks
TRUTH

mine says CONVOY, and I cant see it taking weekS to get from Michigan to NJ...? come on its a 9 hour drive, ill go get it!
THIS!!!
Old 6/14/12, 05:55 PM
V6 Member

if it takes two weeks, i will be happy i just want the car. that will give me a good amount of summer to drive it. my real worry is that its going to take longer. we shall see.
Old 6/14/12, 08:52 PM

I live in Oregon, my build date is 6/18 my ETA to the dealer is 7/11.
Old 6/15/12, 06:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car was built 5/3 and showed up at the dealer on 5/22 in Mass.
Old 6/15/12, 07:06 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Pilks
TRUTH
Well, since both of your rides are set to build the same day, let’s see if they ride home together as well.

Deysha
Old 6/15/12, 10:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my window sticker also said convoy but my car was shipped rail. You guys in NY and NJ your cars will ship rail to holding facility close the the dealers then convoy for the last leg.