Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brenspeeds 60+ hp Power Package

$1634 and you can add 60+ hp to your GT

http://www.brenspeed.com/coyotestage1a.html
Old 8/25/10, 06:59 AM
Bullitt Member

thats the one. ive been shopping since i bought the car.
Old 8/25/10, 07:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, looks to be a decent package covering all the popular bases for initial mods with one tune.

Not that bad a price too, considering the Borlas.
Old 8/25/10, 03:00 PM
V6 Member

here we go again with the 60+ horsepower claims
Old 8/25/10, 03:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jay45dee
Is that so far fetched? I think based on the #'s we have been seeing with the individual items this is a realistic claim.....
Old 8/25/10, 03:19 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by todd03blown
Is that so far fetched? I think based on the #'s we have been seeing with the individual items this is a realistic claim.....
it is very far fetched. I am sure they are going from 89 octane to 93, plus using a chassis dyno that can very a lot from what is actually being gained.

When FRPP claims gains of 20hp when tuners say 60hp for the exact same parts, who ya gonna believe?
(im referencing 4.6 parts fyi, but still...)
Old 8/25/10, 03:24 PM
Cobra Member

it is very far fetched. I am sure they are going from 89 octane to 93, plus using a chassis dyno that can very a lot from what is actually being gained.

When FRPP claims gains of 20hp when tuners say 60hp for the exact same parts, who ya gonna believe?
(im referencing 4.6 parts fyi, but still...)
this is a complete kits that consists of CAI, custom tune, x-pipe and axleback so why is the 60hp far fetched? it is 60hp at the crank so with all of these you will see likely close to 40RWHP based on everything that has been posted for these parts so far.

So FRPP is only claiming 20hp for these exact parts?
Old 8/25/10, 03:37 PM
V6 Member

it is 60hp at the crank
So Brenspeed pulled the motor and put it on an engine dyno?? I doubt it.

On the 4.6, FRPP claims 20hp for CAI, tune, and axleback.
While tuners are claiming almost 40hp for just the CAI and tuner....

I am sure when FRPP releases the 5.0 power pack that compares to Brenspeed's pack, it will be way lower HP claims.

I don't know about you, but I believe the engineers that actually designed the engines over aftermarket shops that tend to exaggerate HP gains.

Here is a good read:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/downl...09_Article.pdf

Last edited by jay45dee; 8/25/10 at 03:43 PM.
Old 8/25/10, 04:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

AM / Bama got 22 peak rwhp with tune and CAI. With the Mag x pipe and catback they got 19 peak rwhp. So they ended up with 40 on an auto car going from 93 to 93. So i do think the Brenspeed may be going from 87 to 93 to get 60rwhp.
Old 8/25/10, 05:02 PM
GTR Member

Hey, I got over 100 HP with a tune and CAI and exhaust on my '04 V6.

Oh, wait...

I forgot about the supercharger...
Old 8/25/10, 05:15 PM
Cobra Member

Assuming this is close to accurate, what would we guess the rwhp will be on a manual??? 415, 420, 425???
Old 8/25/10, 05:40 PM
GT Member

As someone else said in a different thread it doesnt really matter what dyno you use as long as you get a baseline run first. Then whatever increase you have, be it 20hp or 60hp, is a increase on top of that original baseline not on top of manufacturers claims. So as long as the company can provide before and after dyno spread sheets and both runs are done on the same dyno then it shouldn't be an issue. Feel free to correct me if i am wrong but this is just my understanding.
Old 8/25/10, 06:01 PM
Bullitt Member

So Brenspeed pulled the motor and put it on an engine dyno?? I doubt it.

On the 4.6, FRPP claims 20hp for CAI, tune, and axleback.
While tuners are claiming almost 40hp for just the CAI and tuner....

I am sure when FRPP releases the 5.0 power pack that compares to Brenspeed's pack, it will be way lower HP claims.

I don't know about you, but I believe the engineers that actually designed the engines over aftermarket shops that tend to exaggerate HP gains.

Here is a good read:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/downl...09_Article.pdf

Actually, you can very accurately determine actual engine horsepower with a throttle-off technique, so that kind of debunks your argument.

You also need to realize, the majority of FRPP performance packs are either warranty-friendly or normally emissions legal. CARB certification is not something most tuning companies bother with, as it can be extremely expensive, usually being impossible without 100k+ mile road tests and massive overhead costs.

Aftermarket companies don't have to worry about emissions, CARB certification, etcetc, and so their tunes are usually much worse for the environment, and produce much more power then FRPP. Think before posting!
Old 8/25/10, 06:09 PM
Bullitt Member

this is a complete kits that consists of CAI, custom tune, x-pipe and axleback so why is the 60hp far fetched? it is 60hp at the crank so with all of these you will see likely close to 40RWHP based on everything that has been posted for these parts so far.

FRPP has a habit of being VERY conservative with their tunes, seeing as they have to warranty their stuff.
Old 8/25/10, 06:31 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by KonaBlue5.0
Think before posting!
Thanx dad.

How about the tuners putting the engines in potential danger? What makes you think a small tune shop knows more about how to tune an engine safely then the manufacturer? A few hours with a tuner can't teach someone everything they need to know about the variable cam timing. I don't care how long they tinker with it. Im not gonna trust some tuner at a private shop with my brand new engine. Especially when there hasn't been any long term testing. I will trust Ford though.

As for the 60rwhp claims from brenspeed, how about a before and after dyno graph on the same fuel?
Or a before and after 1/4 mile eta?

Even if they use the same dyno before and after, you trust what they tell you.
Saying these mods give you 60hp is BS. The simple fact that they change fuel is false advertising.

Last edited by jay45dee; 8/25/10 at 06:32 PM.
Old 8/25/10, 06:47 PM
GT Member

Some people just dont want to listen.
Old 8/25/10, 08:27 PM
Bullitt Member

As for the 60rwhp claims from brenspeed, how about a before and after dyno graph on the same fuel?
while I agree that 60+ HP from these items seems like a bit of a stretch I don't see anywhere that they claim 60rwhp.

They would need to see 50+ at the tires to support the claim and are probably not referring to peak power increase just the difference at some point in the HP curve.
Old 8/25/10, 10:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

There is absolutely no doubt that 60 hp claim (which would be roughly 52 rwhp) is done going from 87 Octane to 93 Octane.

Simple.

The couple of honest to goodness tuner companies that have actually done the right thing and baselined on 93 Octane first AND then added the mods and tune and re dynoed again with 93 octane, seem to be getting right around 40 rwhp with those same mods.

Easy: 87-91 Octane is good for 10 hp according to Ford. 91 to 93 Octane is probably worth 2-3 more.

That would make the difference between the 40 rwhp the honest marketing tuners are advertising and the 60 hp (52-53 rwhp) the tuners who want to boost up their marketing claims with the 87 Octane base and 93 Octane tune.

BTW, my Ford dealer wanted to put 87 Octane in the car too, but I simply told them, it is now MY car, I own it, and I do not want 87 Octane put in the car.
They gave me the gas slip to fill up and allowed me to put in 91 Octane.
So the tuners that claim, "the cars come with 87 octane so that's what we base line it on" still are not accurate and factual with that statement.

This kit provides the same 40 rwhp all the rest do with the same mods if you START with 93 Octane as the baseline.
But still not a bad price for the package.
Old 8/26/10, 12:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanx dad.

How about the tuners putting the engines in potential danger? What makes you think a small tune shop knows more about how to tune an engine safely then the manufacturer? A few hours with a tuner can't teach someone everything they need to know about the variable cam timing. I don't care how long they tinker with it. Im not gonna trust some tuner at a private shop with my brand new engine. Especially when there hasn't been any long term testing. I will trust Ford though.

Even if they use the same dyno before and after, you trust what they tell you.
Saying these mods give you 60hp is BS. The simple fact that they change fuel is false advertising.
As stated above, no one ever said 60 rear wheel horsepower. The claim is 60hp, or, depending on the particular testing conditions, around 51rwhp. Stinger1982 performed an independent test of all of this CAI+Tune hash regarding false claims, and came up with a 40rwhp gain after adding a CAI+Tune. Three dyno runs in under 20 minutes as well, so we can even go so far as to assume there was a bit of heat soak involved.

Obviously, being a custom tune (not canned), the gains are possibly going to be higher than Brenspeed's with a canned tune. This is also making the assumption that Brenspeed's tunes will be on the conservative side - something only looking at both tunes side-by-side will tell.

Stinger verified, with two different dyno runs - same tune, only adjusting for the larger intake - that the CAI added 12rwhp. Lethal Performance claims 40rwhp from it's X-Pipe and tune, and 40rwhp from it's CAI and tune. So, we can easily assume the tune is good for 28rwhp in both situations, meaning the X-Pipe is also good for 12rwhp.

28(Tune)+12(CAI)+12(X-Pipe) = 52rwhp

Until someone dyno's a car with all of these mods, independently (same day, dyno, car, 93 octane, etc etc) we can only go by what has already been proven, and attempt to work from there. We can safely assume, based on all of the information we have so far, that the claim of 60hp is spot on.

Until you can verify that either you are absolutely right, or the rest of the community is absolutely wrong, you should stop spreading this bull**** about FRPP being greater than everyone else. These tuners have been around for years, my friend. They aren't just some backyard mechanics doing tunes out of their driveways.
Old 8/26/10, 07:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by KonaBlue5.0
As stated above, no one ever said 60 rear wheel horsepower. The claim is 60hp, or, depending on the particular testing conditions, around 51rwhp. Stinger1982 performed an independent test of all of this CAI+Tune hash regarding false claims, and came up with a 40rwhp gain after adding a CAI+Tune. Three dyno runs in under 20 minutes as well, so we can even go so far as to assume there was a bit of heat soak involved.

Obviously, being a custom tune (not canned), the gains are possibly going to be higher than Brenspeed's with a canned tune. This is also making the assumption that Brenspeed's tunes will be on the conservative side - something only looking at both tunes side-by-side will tell.

Stinger verified, with two different dyno runs - same tune, only adjusting for the larger intake - that the CAI added 12rwhp. Lethal Performance claims 40rwhp from it's X-Pipe and tune, and 40rwhp from it's CAI and tune. So, we can easily assume the tune is good for 28rwhp in both situations, meaning the X-Pipe is also good for 12rwhp.

28(Tune)+12(CAI)+12(X-Pipe) = 52rwhp

Until someone dyno's a car with all of these mods, independently (same day, dyno, car, 93 octane, etc etc) we can only go by what has already been proven, and attempt to work from there. We can safely assume, based on all of the information we have so far, that the claim of 60hp is spot on.

Until you can verify that either you are absolutely right, or the rest of the community is absolutely wrong, you should stop spreading this bull**** about FRPP being greater than everyone else. These tuners have been around for years, my friend. They aren't just some backyard mechanics doing tunes out of their driveways.

Heat soak from 3 runs in 20 minutes on a Naturally Aspirated car?? A turbocharged car won't have heat soak with 3 runs in 20 minutes (that's doing a pull waiting about 5-6 minutes and doing another, then waiting 5-6 minutes and doing a third). I've had a dozen turbocharged cars and you won't get heat soak from that, and on a naturally aspirated car, if you are getting heat soak from 3 dyno pulls, you have an engine that has terrible breathing AND cooling abilities.

Also, mods and power can't be "stacked".
Meaning if a CAI and tune adds 25 rwhp to a car, and another car got 12 rwhp from an x-pipe, that does not mean the car that has the CAI and tune already is going to get 12 rwhp when they add the x pipe too.
Mods and gains are not "stackable" like that in most situations.
And 28 rwhp from just a tune??? Not if you baseline and tune on the same octane gas, that will not happen.

Link me to Stinger's 40 rwhp gain from just a tune and CAI, his baseline was either on 87 octane, or he added another mod in there, or it was not dynoed on the same day, or a combination of them. There has been enough "tuners" already to have intake and tunes out for us to ALL to know (well you'd at least think there was), that if you start on 93 octane as the baseline and add a CAI and tune, you will not see 40 rwhp gains. However you will if you start with 87 octane as your baseline, then go to 93 Octane, then add CAI and tune (and therefore dynoing on a different day too).

Quick Reply: Brenspeeds 60+ hp Power Package