Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Brenspeed Tune Help!

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/10, 05:26 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brenspeed Tune Help!

I received my SCT tuner from Brenspeed, and have yet to get the tune loaded. I updated the drivers, installed the new tune revision, but something seems wrong with the firmware on the SCT site. I can download the file like it says, run the program to update, all is good. When it gets done however, the tuner read "Invalid Firmware" contact SCTflash.com. This is where I am getting the file, which is the only file available for upload. I am calling tomorrow, but if anyone has experience with this and can help tonight, that would be great.

Brian
Old 8/10/10, 05:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I'm confused...... did you get the tuner from Brenspeed along with the tune? If so I don't know why you would be trying to update the tuner and/or it's firmware. If you bought the tuner and tune from them I wouldn't think you would need to update any firmware via the SCT site.
Old 8/10/10, 06:11 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, there should be something on the tuner that tells you what version of the firmware it has on it, you may be trying to download firmware that is already on the unit.
Old 8/10/10, 06:47 PM
V6 Member

The SCT programmer is made but SCT but the 3 tunes are installed and sold by Brenspeed. I would have thought it came ready to install one of the 3 tunes also, but it would get so far and flash an error message staing that it needed updated firmware and a new tune revision. This led me to SCTflash,com where under teh, it says you must have this new firmware if your tuners serial number starts with XPm and is below a sequence of numbers. I have followed all of the directions on the sitem but still can't get it to work. I was just curious if any of you had a similar experience. I will begin calling tomorrow to try and figure out the issue. I am a little frustrated with Brenspeed, because of several customer service issues. First my SCT tuner came in a large box with no packing, and the clear plastic packaging for the device was just thrown in the box. Second, I was of the understanding that all of the software would be ther and ready to installm but I ended up waiting an extra couple of days for a tuner that I had to spend several hours trying to update software. I tried sending them abd SCT an e-mail this morning, but I haven'y heard anything.
Old 8/10/10, 07:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
That's strange, but I'm sure they'll take care of you....... keep us posted!
Old 8/11/10, 06:43 PM
V6 Member

Update

I talked with Doug at Brenspeed today. He sais it's a hardware isssue, and is sending me a new tuner next day to replace the one I have. He mentioned that no one should ever have to update firmware, only go through the normal procedure to load the tune. It seems I was one the unlucky few that received a bad tuner, just my luck. Maybe the new one will fix the issue, and I can finally get a tune loaded.
Old 8/12/10, 12:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Keep us posted if the new tuner solves the problem... this is going to be one of my first mods, although I'm still confused about the SCT X3 and SF3 difference....

(Doing more research)
Old 8/12/10, 05:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Let us know how that tune feels once you install it.
Old 8/12/10, 06:37 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 2011 GT
although I'm still confused about the SCT X3 and SF3 difference....

SCT X3 and SF3 used to be two seperate tuning devices but they have changed it recently. It used to be that the X3 was what was used for custom performance tunes and the SF3 was what had pre-loaded tunes and fuel economy tunes. They are now all combined into one so that SCT reduces the number of different devices. The device itself is identical, X3 and SF3.