Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Brembo pack needed?

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/12, 02:29 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brembo pack needed?

I am thinking about getting a 13' GT with an auto tranny and cloth Recaro seats.

I was curious if you guys think it really is worth it to get the Brembos if it is going to be my DD and I am not planning on tracking it.

Thanks!
Old 7/24/12, 02:33 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
This topic has been covered many times, ever since the brembo package was offered on the 11's. As I am a brembo owner, of course I will say yes. But from what I have read, most owners of stangs without the brembo pkg have always longed for it and wished they had.

Again, this is all just "opinion", so I will state mine. Others can chime in as needed.

Get the brembo option for the rims, the front brakes, and I believe you also get a better/albeit slightly stiffer suspension. But your call.
Old 7/24/12, 02:35 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by N3kKo
I am thinking about getting a 13' GT with an auto tranny and cloth Recaro seats.

I was curious if you guys think it really is worth it to get the Brembos if it is going to be my DD and I am not planning on tracking it.

Thanks!
It isn't necessary as the stock brakes are more than adequate for the street. IMO, for most people brembo's are just internet bragging rights.

But if there are other options incl that you want then maybe the package is worth it.
Old 7/24/12, 03:09 PM
Cobra Member

I have a track pack myself, which includes the brembo pack. Few of the pros to the brembo pack are better handling, braking, tires and nicer wheels. Cons: stiffer ride, tires are slippery when wet, much much more brake dust, more expensive replacement tires and brakes.
Old 7/24/12, 03:19 PM
V6 Member

The Brembo brake package also includes another form of traction control which is somewhere in between full on and full off. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

http://brembo50com.memberlodge.com/D...pageId=1130035

This website lists all the extras that come with the brake package. It's truly up to you if you want to upgrade. I think for the price it's a great deal, unless you plan on upgrading everything later anyways. I'm going to get the brembo package on my car simply because I can't afford to put aftermarket suspension under a new car.

Last edited by jonny88; 7/24/12 at 03:22 PM.
Old 7/24/12, 07:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I absolutely love my Brembo's on my 13' because no matter how hard I brake they keep grabbing. I plan on tracking my car a couple of times a year so it was a no brainer for me. I would've spent the money for them eventually.
Old 7/24/12, 07:29 PM
V6 Member

I guess I'll take the opposite stand; I did not order the Brembo's for my 2013 Mustang GT. I don't believe most people need them, but honestly it's all a matter of opinion (as said before). In my case she is a DD during the summer, I don't particularly like 19" rims because wheel selection can be limited, and I thought the money could be spent better on other mods (like new wheels, and a new muffler).

Last edited by Blad3101; 7/24/12 at 07:31 PM.
Old 7/24/12, 07:34 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I "needed" the Brembo Brake Package on my '11 5.0L. On my '07 GT, once I added a superchager I was at 393 rwhp and my stock brakes couldn't slow me down fast enough, so I went with slotted rotors and ceramic pads which helped a lot! My '11 5.0L makes even more power than my '07 and I drag race, so I need confident, fade-free stopping when I drag race (which is very frequent with 2 tracks local to me). Try stopping from 120 mph repeatedly with stock GT brakes and you'll understand the need for the Brembos!

Even if I didn't "need" better braking, the Brembo Brake Package wheels were my favorite wheels on the '11's and the cornering is noticeably better than the standard GT's. The trade off is a stiffer and more jittery ride during normal daily driving duties.

Last edited by Five Oh Brian; 7/24/12 at 07:35 PM.
Old 7/24/12, 07:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Again just an opinion.... I ended with a California Special just because it had more appeal to me and at the time I wasnt all into the brembos, especially cause it wasn't on 4 wheels.....

With that said, I really Do wish I had better looks behind my front wheels.

So yeah I want them but really only for the sweet looks as I don't do any serious braking to take advantage of their abilities.
Old 7/24/12, 08:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like that the rear rotors are dual disk with the venting in between like the fronts on the Track Package. The looks are nice too.
Old 7/24/12, 09:03 PM

I went with the Brembo's primarily because I liked the rims better than the silver painted rims that come on the 2013 GT. You also get a strut tower brace, better tires, better suspension components and the more advanced traction control tune. When you add it all up, it seems like quite a bargain.
Old 7/24/12, 09:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've had 2 previous S197s, and one of the thing I've wanted is better brakes. On my Bullitt, I couldn't install the package without giving up the Bullitt wheels. When I ordered my 2013, the option package I wanted most of all was the Brembo package. I actually opted for the track package.
Old 7/24/12, 11:41 PM
Cobra Member

I LOVE the Brembo's on my Boss. LOVE them.
Old 7/25/12, 12:47 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Juice
On my Bullitt, I couldn't install the package without giving up the Bullitt wheels.
I've had an idiot pull out in front of me when I was at 65. Bullitt stopped hard, no fade.
One of my nearby 2 lane twisties drops 3000+' in 30-45 minutes, constantly on the brakes turn after turn. No fade whatsoever.

Do you track?

Originally Posted by Juice
When I ordered my 2013, the option package I wanted most of all was the Brembo package. I actually opted for the track package.
Why track over Brembo if you wanted Brembo?
Old 7/25/12, 07:45 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

Why track over Brembo if you wanted Brembo?
The GT Track Package includes all of the Brembo Brake Package components - then adds the Boss 302 Radiator, trans cooler, rear diff cooler, and 3.73 Torsen differential.
Old 7/25/12, 03:24 PM
V6 Member

If you're never going to track you Mustang (why?), the standard brakes are more than adequate.
Old 7/25/12, 04:10 PM
Banned

For me, I've had some cars that had **** brakes, and I thought they were Okay. Then I got my '05 GTO, and it had some quite nice (for what they are) PBR brakes, and I knew I could never go for a car again that had poor brakes, such a difference.

I test drove a Brembo car, and in the past drove my ex's '06 and even the stock GT binders of the '06 don't really compare to the Brembos. I really was in love with the California special for this year, but wanted Brembos. Instead of giving up all the goodies of the brembo package, I opted to specifically order my convertible with Brembos. The car hasn't been delivered yet, but I am piecing together all the parts from the California special that I really liked, and it'll end up having them & the appearance I wanted after all :-)
Old 7/25/12, 04:41 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Number23
If you're never going to track you Mustang (why?), the standard brakes are more than adequate.
That's like asking, Why get the v8 with 420 hp, when you never use all those ponies anyways? Why not get the v6?

Answer is simple... Because we just want to... To have it and know its there.
Old 7/25/12, 04:55 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by FromZto5
That's like asking, Why get the v8 with 420 hp, when you never use all those ponies anyways? Why not get the v6?
That's apples and oranges. The rumble of factory brakes vs Brembo's is no different. The rumble of a V8 vs the yammer of a V6 is definitely different. lol

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Answer is simple... Because we just want to... To have it and know its there.
That's cool. To each their own. But proves my point. Unless one is tracking the car where fade is an issue with factory brakes, its just "I got Brembo's - and you don't!".

Old 7/25/12, 05:00 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by cdynaco
That's apples and oranges. The rumble of factory brakes vs Brembo's is no different. The rumble of a V8 vs the yammer of a V6 is definitely different. lol

That's cool. To each their own. But proves my point. Unless one is tracking the car where fade is an issue with factory brakes, its just "I got Brembo's - and you don't!".

You are right cyd... Not for function really.. More so just for choice. Like a color or spoiler or no spoiler etc... Personal pref.

Quick Reply: Brembo pack needed?