Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Breaking News: Another Crippled Pony!!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/13, 12:42 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Call the insurance company and tell them the supercharger you installed last month needs to be replaced.
Old 8/11/13, 07:32 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took a look on the map where I 95 is. It must serve an astronomical number of vehicle movements a day. One major route serving many highly populous centres. Drove my Harley to Washington DC back in about 1977, thought the traffic was nuts then, can't imagine it now.

And I didn't like I 5 Seattle south the times I had to go down Seattle and Portland.
Old 8/16/13, 11:02 AM
V6 Member

Car almost finished. Went in for paint yesterday and now waiting for a few parts. Looking forward to getting it back. Body shop put the hood spears on also. Amazing how a shop can fix up a banged up car and make it look like new. I thought she was a goner.
Attached Thumbnails Breaking News: Another Crippled Pony!!!-mustang-fix2.jpg   Breaking News: Another Crippled Pony!!!-mustang-fix3.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 8/16/13, 11:08 AM
Banned

aww man you coulda had a GT500 hood or even bumper. i know i'd consider it if my car were cracked up.
Old 8/16/13, 11:08 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by RogueWing16
Car almost finished. Went in for paint yesterday and now waiting for a few parts. Looking forward to getting it back. Body shop put the hood spears on also. Amazing how a shop can fix up a banged up car and make it look like new. I thought she was a goner.
Nice... Although I kinda liked that black hood
Old 8/16/13, 11:22 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
aww man you coulda had a GT500 hood or even bumper. i know i'd consider it if my car were cracked up.
We think alike. I was showing the GT500 hood to a couple of my friends. I gave that serious consideration and then I thought about the wife. That wiped that thought right away.

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Nice... Although I kinda liked that black hood
Me too. I thought that might look cool to have it painted black. Chickened out on that one also. lol
Old 8/16/13, 12:52 PM
GT Member

Don't let a little front end damage ruin the luster of your shiny new mustang. My 1967 had almost the exact same amount and type of damage when it was wrecked on a test drive in 1967. I think it has held up quite well over the intervening 46 years.
Old 8/16/13, 12:53 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
You have to let the 'wife' know who the boss is. I'm on my 4th wife and she told me that i'm on thin ice .

Looks like you found a good body shop. Looks great
Old 8/16/13, 01:38 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by David Young
You have to let the 'wife' know who the boss is. I'm on my 4th wife and she told me that i'm on thin ice .
I think it's a matter of getting the right wife first. You can marry a Toyota Corolla or a Shelby Daytona Coupe. Both come with strengths and drawbacks, but you need to be able to deal with them.

Me, I married a Daytona Coupe, so there you are....
Old 8/16/13, 07:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 67Drewstang
Don't let a little front end damage ruin the luster of your shiny new mustang. My 1967 had almost the exact same amount and type of damage when it was wrecked on a test drive in 1967. I think it has held up quite well over the intervening 46 years.
Glad to hear that. Some of the enthusiasm of owning the car is gone. This is the second incident with the car since I've had it. I had a cracked tail light the day I picked up the car. Didn't realize that until I got home from the dealer. I am afraid something else may happen now.

Originally Posted by David Young

Looks like you found a good body shop. Looks great
Well, I am keeping the ice thick. lol Not going to press any buttons with the wife regarding the car. She wasn't fond of me getting it in the first place.

Thanks! From what I've seen so far, Classic Body and Fender has done a really nice job on the car.

Good luck with your wife.
Old 8/16/13, 08:09 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to see you're getting it back soon!
After my 07 was smacked for 18k in repairs a week after I got it, it was pretty hard to get excited about the car. That wore off pretty quick after I got it back. Kept it for 6 years with no problems.
Remember, happy wife happy life
Old 8/17/13, 04:35 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I have a good wife now who understands the Mustang experience .
Old 8/17/13, 06:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dcottrell61
Glad to see you're getting it back soon!
After my 07 was smacked for 18k in repairs a week after I got it, it was pretty hard to get excited about the car. That wore off pretty quick after I got it back. Kept it for 6 years with no problems.
Remember, happy wife happy life
It always gets me how many people dont understand this. As long as I keep her happy she looks the over way when I order car parts. . 9 years together, 4 of those married and still going strong.
Old 8/17/13, 07:48 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RogueWing16
Glad to hear that. Some of the enthusiasm of owning the car is gone. This is the second incident with the car since I've had it. I had a cracked tail light the day I picked up the car. Didn't realize that until I got home from the dealer. I am afraid something else may happen now.
Oh, come on!!!! Yes, something else WILL happen. It always does. Your enthusiasm shouldn't diminish; on the contrary, your experience has improved, and you just haven't figured it out yet!

I had no idea what an analogy being a Mustang fan would be for life and marriage.

I've owned my '67 convertible for 37 years, and it has original paint (excluding the respray from the accident), and not surprisingly, the body is full of dings and the paint is quite well-chipped. There's even rust here and there. (I chase after it when I get around to it, but not fanatically so....) But you know what? They were honestly earned and tell a story. My ONLY regrets are that I garaged it for 17 years and really didn't drive it to "preserve the value". What a chump I was.

I am daily driving it now to atone for that sin.

I stripped out the oil sump plug last night, for instance, and it doesn't bother me at all. I put the original factory Ford blue painted oil pan plug up on the shelf I reserved for "things Daisy broke" (My car's name is Daisy) and installed the next larger replacement plug and am driving it again this morning.

I've been married for 25+ years to this incredibly vibrant woman. And she has put up with my crap, and I with hers, despite all sorts of things that have happened in between. And, like Daisy, our paint is chipped here and there, with a bit of rust.

If one's attitude is that imperfection "ruins" the experience, I'd suggest that one is not the enthusiast one might think.

Last edited by 67Drewstang; 8/17/13 at 07:53 AM.
Old 8/17/13, 01:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Rogue, any chance to snag those headlights?
Old 8/28/13, 03:58 PM
V6 Member

Well finally got my car back after 4 1/2 weeks and a cost of over $12,000. The good news is that the car looks like new and drives straight like the day I took delivery. Felt like I was picking up a new car from the dealership today. I forgot how fun the car was to drive. Classic Body and Fender did an excellent job on the repair and finished it up in 3 1/2 weeks. I bought a new key chain to replace the factory tag and I am switching up the license plate frame. Trying to change my bad luck with this car. The bad luck started day one. Anyway thanks for support. Hopefully the back luck is behind me.
Attached Thumbnails Breaking News: Another Crippled Pony!!!-img_2513.jpg   Breaking News: Another Crippled Pony!!!-img_2514.jpg   Breaking News: Another Crippled Pony!!!-img_2515.jpg  
Old 8/28/13, 09:01 PM

I'm always amazed what body shops can do!!
Old 8/29/13, 04:36 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Very nice man. Congrats and welcome back.
Old 8/29/13, 05:47 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to see you're back, congrats!
Old 8/29/13, 05:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
It's fixed - woo hoo!

Quick Reply: Breaking News: Another Crippled Pony!!!