2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Breaking News: Another Crippled Pony!!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/30/13, 08:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch. Sorry about your loss. Good luck with the insurance and getting it either fixed or replaced.

Matthew
Old 7/30/13, 08:36 AM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Sucks. Glad you're ok though. It really doesn't look too bad, so I think they'll fix it with no problems. Good luck with the insurance though...I don't see how they won't say you were following too closely.
Old 7/30/13, 10:00 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How did you catch it on the news?!
Old 7/30/13, 03:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Steve, just glad your OK. I know how you feel brother. Been there, done that, got a t-shirt.
Old 7/30/13, 07:19 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for all of the condolences on the car. It's been a stressful day to say the least. I think the accident finally started to kick in this afternoon dealing with insurance. Sorry for anyone here that has had to go through this.

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
That sucks man. Seems like we can never have and enjoy our ponys without someone else causing damage to them. Glad your ok and hopefully they get it fixed back to the way it was or better!
No kidding. Just trying to get home from work and I get collected by someone else's horrible driving. Just wished I could have done something. I had no way to avoid it. Looked like a nascar wreck at first.

Originally Posted by David Young
Glad your ok. I think it will be fixed.
That appears to be the case. The guy that hauled my car to their body shop said it would be a piece of cake to fix up. He said they just repaired a Mustang last week.

Originally Posted by theACE
If they total it, can I buy your adjustable head rests?
LOL. I'll find out tomorrow, but I think it will be repaired. The young lady I spoke with at the body shop owns 2014 Mustang also. Her and her boss walked back to look at my car. They think it's fixable. She's already been in their shop for repairs on the her Mustang.

Originally Posted by Lava Dude
So sad - sorry. Any idea what the speed was at moment of impact? Seems odd that the airbags didn't deploy with such severe damage.
I think it was less than 15 mph. There were two cars I hit in front of me that were side by side. Still can't figure that one out. I hit both of their rear bumpers. The one car had a very small dent in the bumper and the other minivan had a 2-3 inch crack in the plastic bumper. That may have been there already (a 1996 pontiac) but who knows. My car took a beating as you can see. I guess the car was designed to crumple and absorb the impact.

Originally Posted by t-fatty
I wouldn't want that car back, glad your ok.
As long as it's fixed like new, I am hoping to get it back. I ordered the car exactly the way I wanted it. Chances of doing that now are probably slim. When I was standing on the side of 95, i was thinking maybe I could upgrade to a GT. lol I need decent gas mileage for a daily driver though.

Originally Posted by shiazv@gmail.com
i was in ur same position 4 months back... it is pains taking process to come out... Glad that you came out without scratch. i had similar damage but insurance deemed it totalled.
Carumba. Sorry to hear that.

Originally Posted by Shhhh
How did you catch it on the news?!
This is the only amusing part of this whole ordeal. I have several Directv dvr's in the house. One of them had WBAL on one of the tuners. I was able to rewind up to 90 minutes of live tv. They always show accidents with their traffic copter and I figured this may be newsworthy.
Old 8/5/13, 07:35 PM
V6 Member

The Pony lives for another day. Adjuster called today and said the car will be repaired. Initial estimate around $8500. I started checking dealer inventories this weekend just in case. It was slim pickens on a Mustang V6 Premium. I may have had to upgrade to a GT. The wife was liking that idea at all. Prices on a GT weren't that much different than what I paid earlier this year (less options though). I'm sure I would have taken a financial hit.
Old 8/5/13, 07:50 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by RogueWing16
The Pony lives for another day. Adjuster called today and said the car will be repaired. Initial estimate around $8500. I started checking dealer inventories this weekend just in case. It was slim pickens on a Mustang V6 Premium. I may have had to upgrade to a GT. The wife was liking that idea at all. Prices on a GT weren't that much different than what I paid earlier this year (less options though). I'm sure I would have taken a financial hit.
Good news. If there are particular "upgrades" that you have considered, this is a good time to do some - brakes, struts, etc. The repair shop should be able to do them for just the "difference" in the parts prices.
Old 8/5/13, 10:16 PM
GT Member

That sucks! On the bright side, your car looked nice and shiny for its tv appearance.
Old 8/5/13, 10:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by radioguy1
Good news. If there are particular "upgrades" that you have considered, this is a good time to do some - brakes, struts, etc. The repair shop should be able to do them for just the "difference" in the parts prices.
This is true and how I got my Borla exhaust!
Old 8/6/13, 12:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You know you want the GT, just get it. Glad you made it out unscathed BTW.
Old 8/6/13, 05:22 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by TommyV
Yes... Glad you're ok and getting repaired.
Old 8/6/13, 07:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
yoooouuuuchhh!! glad to hear you are ok tho.
Old 8/6/13, 07:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh man sorry to see this and that you're in the club too now.
https://themustangsource.com/f637/un...y-work-477545/
There is always a silver lining, you just have to look for it. Like someone already said, time to think about the upgrades you want to add. Good luck with the rebuild
Attached Thumbnails Breaking News: Another Crippled Pony!!!-9.angelina-jul2013.jpg  
Old 8/6/13, 08:22 AM

That is a horrible sight but glad to see you came out ok and the car is still repairable. I would say though that the car did it's job by absorbing most of the impact to protect you.

I heard this on the news actually but there was no footage yet when it was first shown on TV.
Old 8/6/13, 07:12 PM
V6 Member

Well the work has begun. The body shop says they can get the car back to new. I can only hope.

Originally Posted by radioguy1
Believe me that has crossed my mind many times. I can't sink anymore money into the car now. My wife will be p*ssed. She has already been hounding me to buy a new couch, have new carpeting installed and buy a new mattress. I'm in the middle of upgrading my deck to composite to boot.

Originally Posted by TommyV
So true and tempting.

Originally Posted by Mas35NYR
Oh man sorry to see this and that you're in the club too now.
https://themustangsource.com/f637/un...y-work-477545/
There is always a silver lining, you just have to look for it. Like someone already said, time to think about the upgrades you want to add. Good luck with the rebuild
Ouch. That's a horrible site. Blue must be a bad luck color. My wife hit a dear this past December in her blue Oddyssey.

I did order a set of hood spears today for the shop to install.

Originally Posted by Uncoolron
That is a horrible sight but glad to see you came out ok and the car is still repairable. I would say though that the car did it's job by absorbing most of the impact to protect you.

I heard this on the news actually but there was no footage yet when it was first shown on TV.
Yep. Looks like the front end crumpled up to absorb the impact.
Attached Thumbnails Breaking News: Another Crippled Pony!!!-mustang-repair2.jpg  
Old 8/7/13, 05:21 AM
GT Member

With the damage out of the way, that is obviously an easy fix. Plus it's a newer car so paint matching shouldn't be that much of a pain.

My first thoughts were that if the insurance totaled it, you could buy it back for some ridiculously low price and fix it.
Old 8/7/13, 06:10 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just caught the paint name (deep IMPACT blue), and realized it now fits....

Glad they are able to make you whole again. Good news was that no one was hurt. Cars can be repaired or replaced. Tougher when its a person.
Old 8/7/13, 08:06 PM
GT Member

car is "blue with a deep impact feature" Hope it all works out for you.
Old 8/10/13, 05:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Hi Steve, we're all glad you made it out okay and you're getting your beauty all fixed up. I have a slightly strange request...do you think you can get your headlights back from the shop? Looks like you're going to need two new ones anyways - I'd love to snag your projectors. Kick you down some cash too?
Old 8/10/13, 11:09 PM
Banned

I-95 sucks. all of it. Sorry for your loss. I was on it today from Boston to D.C. and I lost count of the accidents and idiocy.

Quick Reply: Breaking News: Another Crippled Pony!!!