2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Bought my girl some new shoes

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/13, 03:46 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought my girl some new shoes

With living in Southwest Ohio, the Pirelli P-Zero were not going to cut it in the winter. Which unfortunately I will need to drive in for a couple years. I got the new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 that was just released. Great road grip and big ride improvement. Hardly any road noise and the ride is softer. Plenty of rain in the forecast so I'll see how that goes, but the reviews say they handle amazing.

Now I need to unload these Pirelli tires with 225 miles on them.
Old 7/5/13, 04:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
I might consider the used tires but shipping is a pain. Good purchase on the michelins they make excellent tires.
Old 7/5/13, 06:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I definitely look forward to your rain report!
Old 7/5/13, 06:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

...and your light snow report also :-)
Old 7/5/13, 07:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
I wanted those tires since they'll supposedly be available in the staggered sizes I wanted, but ended up going with the Conti DWS's in 275/40/18 all around and am happy with my decission ... amazing how well an all-season tire can actually perform
Old 7/5/13, 08:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by cobrajg
With living in Southwest Ohio, the Pirelli P-Zero were not going to cut it in the winter. Which unfortunately I will need to drive in for a couple years. I got the new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 that was just released. Great road grip and big ride improvement. Hardly any road noise and the ride is softer. Plenty of rain in the forecast so I'll see how that goes, but the reviews say they handle amazing.

Hope that's all you need. I decided before I bought my car to take no chances and got a dedicated set of winter tires. In Ohio winters, you might end up wanting the same.
Old 7/7/13, 10:26 AM
GT Member

Which Part of southwest OH are you from? Just curious...I Live in Wv around the OH border
Old 7/7/13, 10:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Me too.....Nitto Invo 255/35/20 front -285/30/20 rear.
Old 7/8/13, 07:02 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
I definitely look forward to your rain report!
Lots of rain on Saturday and the tires performed great. Hardly noticed the ground was wet. Hit quite a few areas where the water was standing a good inch or so and I cut right through going around 30-35. Car didnt jerk or slid. I gave it a couple decent brake test, not to the floor, and they gripped just like normal. Hill starts were no problem at all. Starting in 2nd makes it a breeze, but 1st didn't give me any issues.

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Hope that's all you need. I decided before I bought my car to take no chances and got a dedicated set of winter tires. In Ohio winters, you might end up wanting the same.
I hope so also. My commute to work is about 5 minutes, so not a lot of driving will be required. The only problem is the 2 hills that I can't avoid. I have driven several mustangs in the snow over the years so I am familar with the proper way to do it. But nothing with the power of the current one.

Originally Posted by Kevin0027
Which Part of southwest OH are you from? Just curious...I Live in Wv around the OH border
I am about 30 mintues north of Cincinnati.

So far these tires have performed as advertised. Here are a couple reviews that I read before buying the A/S 3.

http://www.beyond.ca/michelin-pilot-...iew/21462.html

http://www.bmwblog.com/2013/01/22/bm...ot-sport-as-3/
Old 7/8/13, 03:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde
In southwest Ohio, we seem to miss a lot of the bigger snows that they get up north (even just one hour north in Dayton). I've had all-seasons, and save for a couple of days here and there, generally you can get around OK. The biggest thing is having the grip when the temperature drops on the road surface.
Old 7/8/13, 03:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Lots of rain on Saturday and the tires performed great. Hardly noticed the ground was wet. Hit quite a few areas where the water was standing a good inch or so and I cut right through going around 30-35. Car didnt jerk or slid. I gave it a couple decent brake test, not to the floor, and they gripped just like normal. Hill starts were no problem at all. Starting in 2nd makes it a breeze, but 1st didn't give me any issues.
Good to hear! I also look forward to your cold weather and light snow report later in the year