Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

BOSS 302 Build It

Search this Thread

Old 10/25/13, 01:15 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOSS 302 Build It

For those of you that have never built your own BOSS 302...I just wanted to share this website. It still exists and works. Brings back memories...

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2013/trim/boss302/

Ruby14
Old 10/25/13, 04:08 PM
Banned

Heh... Going back it was either bought my loaded GT Vert or a Boss 302.. If the Boss actually had some options available i would have went for it in the end.
Old 10/27/13, 04:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Heh... Going back it was either bought my loaded GT Vert or a Boss 302.. If the Boss actually had some options available i would have went for it in the end.
The Boss 302 ain't supposed to be about options.
Old 10/28/13, 06:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Boss 302 was the option...why would you need any more?
Old 10/28/13, 02:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bucko
The Boss 302 was the option...why would you need any more?
some of us don't want cheap ****tastic radios, seats, and other amenities.
Old 10/28/13, 02:26 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
People don't buy a track car to listen to the radio, seats are far from cheap. Torsen differential is also far from cheap.... so is that forged boss block that I have tuned to redline at 8500rpm.
Old 10/28/13, 03:57 PM
Banned

see above. I think if I were to do it again, I'd make the same choice, but gosh a Boss 302 (if I had the money) in addition to my GT vert would just be amazing. Then the Boss would get all the mods, and be a real terror. I don't have Boss envy, but there's things I won't do to a convertible (since I really can't track it w/out a cage) that I could do w/ a coupe. Just the fact alone that I can't take it to the drag strip sucks.

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 10/28/13 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10/28/13, 04:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
You could always just add Recaros

Like the one's pictured below:

lol

Nick C.
Old 10/29/13, 01:07 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol, sweet seats
Old 10/29/13, 05:14 AM
Cobra Member

I'll take the Boss any day over an optioned Mustang; pure muscle, pure bred, and no foo foo options.

Sigh, I just do not have the funds to do so at this time. But some day, when my son graduates school and makes it big, he's going to buy me one....I can dream.

But options make the car for some. To each their own.

Last edited by Bucko; 10/29/13 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10/30/13, 03:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I like the Boss cars, all of them but I will end up faster and handling just as well if not better. Plus I like my looks and options. I have this being different thing.
Old 10/31/13, 04:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
The stereo system can can be upgraded (I have a base car, and I did upgraded mine). The seats can be upgraded (if it didn't already come with Recaros). I'm not sure what other amenities you're talking about.

The Boss 302 is for people that want to drive the car instead of worrying about "amenities". To be honest, I think the Laguna Seca should have come standard with "amenity delete" (radio, roll-down windows, sound deadening), and instead of charging extra for the "track key", it should have been the standard key to be used, and make the "street key" optional/extra cost.

If you want an optioned Boss, you can always start with a GT and build one yourself. Of course, that's a lot more time/work/expense than a lot of people are willing to commit to. I suppose you could commission a shop to make the upgrades for you, but where's the fun in that?

I'm not trying to be critical, just stating what to me is the obvious, mixed with a healthy dose of personal opinions.

I know you're not especially happy/impressed with what I've done to my car, and you may want to discount what I'm saying because I "just have a V6", but I've been driving mustangs since I joined the Navy at 18 in 1974. I've driven and built cars that while today are easily put to shame by the latest techno-vehicles, but back then, they were stout, impressive, and not a single one had "amenities". I've developed an insane desire to rip out the amenities in my 2012, and install a carb'd 427 stroker/TKO600 transmission. C'mon Lottery!

Last edited by jsimmons; 10/31/13 at 04:25 AM.
Old 10/31/13, 05:37 AM
Cobra Member

You had me until you mentioned "carb'd". Why? FI is so much more efficient than a carb.

Sure, it's retro, but a step backwards in the way of HP/TQ.
Old 10/31/13, 08:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
You could always just add Recaros

Like the one's pictured below:

lol

Nick C.
That's awesome haha. Thanks for the laugh
Old 10/31/13, 10:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jsimmons
The stereo system can can be upgraded (I have a base car, and I did upgraded mine). The seats can be upgraded (if it didn't already come with Recaros). I'm not sure what other amenities you're talking about.

The Boss 302 is for people that want to drive the car instead of worrying about "amenities". To be honest, I think the Laguna Seca should have come standard with "amenity delete" (radio, roll-down windows, sound deadening), and instead of charging extra for the "track key", it should have been the standard key to be used, and make the "street key" optional/extra cost.

If you want an optioned Boss, you can always start with a GT and build one yourself. Of course, that's a lot more time/work/expense than a lot of people are willing to commit to. I suppose you could commission a shop to make the upgrades for you, but where's the fun in that?

I'm not trying to be critical, just stating what to me is the obvious, mixed with a healthy dose of personal opinions.

I know you're not especially happy/impressed with what I've done to my car, and you may want to discount what I'm saying because I "just have a V6", but I've been driving mustangs since I joined the Navy at 18 in 1974. I've driven and built cars that while today are easily put to shame by the latest techno-vehicles, but back then, they were stout, impressive, and not a single one had "amenities". I've developed an insane desire to rip out the amenities in my 2012, and install a carb'd 427 stroker/TKO600 transmission. C'mon Lottery!
Well, I don't believe I've ever once dropped my opinion on your car. But now I will. I like it. /the end

as far as "Building your Boss" its reminds me of "Building your GTO" back in 2005 when I bought mine. Both come out the same.

Ok so you want a Boss? (or a GTO)
Cool
Choose your color... Grabber Blue (Impulse Blue)
Do you want the regular seats or the recaros? (black leather or blue leather?)
Do you want the Laguna Seca Package (in the GTO's case, would you like to choose an automatic transmission)

Okay. done. that's it.

I know we're going in circles here, totally do. Love the Boss, really do, just wanted a factory Shaker Pro and uplevel seats and door panels and I would have been happy. :-)
Old 10/31/13, 11:18 AM
Cobra Member

I just want the money to buy the Boss.
Old 10/31/13, 09:17 PM
GT Member

I choked at parting with the extra $12 K to get a Boss over a loaded track pack GT. Retirement is coming around the next bend so need to be a little frugal. My wife loves the car and the all the cushy stuff.
Old 10/31/13, 09:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bucko
I'll take the Boss any day over an optioned Mustang; pure muscle, pure bred, and no foo foo options.
+1

If I could afford it, there's no way I would take a GT over a Boss. Certain Mustangs like the Boss and Bullitt have a cool factor that can't be replicated no matter how much you mod your car.
Old 11/1/13, 08:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

...I know we're going in circles here, totally do. Love the Boss, really do, just wanted a factory Shaker Pro and uplevel seats and door panels and I would have been happy. :-)
I agree.
If I could change one thing, I'd have the Shaker system stereo...
How much more would the upgrade weigh? Two door speakers??

Unlike many of you (i'm guessing) I DD mine and sometimes will drive over an hour of straight highway.
You can't always have the windows down, you can't always be in a low gear listening to the exhaust.
At some point and time, the car will be quiet inside. THAT is at least the time where a stereo comes in.

The seats, I don't mind. In fact, I love! Recaros!
I do sort of wish the back of them and the outer sides, as well as back seats were leather but I really don't mind the material.

I agree with the diva, for the price tag, it SHOULD have had some of the upgrades at least optional.

If what most of y'all are saying is the way it should be, with no other options...
Why are there controls on the steering wheel?
Why is there cruise control?
Why aren't the tires racing slicks?

The car is meant to be a possible DD. So, it should, at least, have the top stereo... without the back subs (weight savings).

Last edited by Krohn; 11/1/13 at 08:12 AM.