Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

BMR vs. J&M LCAs

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/17, 05:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
BMR vs. J&M LCAs

I think my rear steer under braking issue is the rear LCA bushings, so it's time to replace/upgrade. I have 70k miles now, daily driven through 4 NY winters on Blizzaks and Nokians, and plan to daily it for at least another 70k.

I see that BMR and J&M both offer LCAs under 100 dollars. I am very intrigued by J&M's Rotoball bushing, as I only care about handling and do not want any binding. However, the BMRs are greasable, and I don't want any squeaks on my daily. Not interested in rod ends, as the car is a daily.

My car is stock power, no wheel hop with the Boss rear springs + Koni yellows, and launches just fine.

Can anyone share their personal experiences, preferably with 20k+ miles? Thanks.

Last edited by lsxjunkie; 3/4/17 at 08:52 PM.
Old 3/4/17, 08:17 PM
GT Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
I installed a set of J&M Extreme rear LCA's last Christmas so no where near 20,000 miles on them yet and a bit more expensive than the ones with a separate ball. I was experiencing wheel hop under hard acceleration with the stock LCA's so that was my reason for replacing the stock arms. The extremes offer even greater articulation than the cheaper versions. I choose the J&M's over other brands because of this unique feature. In so far as I know the only other way to get this ability with other brands is to go with rod end spherical bearings which I don't think are suitable for regular street use. The front poly bushings are pretty conventional and are lubed with poly grease at the time of installation. The rears are lubed by means of a zirk fitting. As for noise, there is a little squeaking when the temps are near or below freezing until things warm up. There is also a noticeable, but not excessive increase in normal rear end bearing & gear sounds and driveshaft clunks. I think this will be the case regardless of what brand of LCA's you use if they have anything other than rubber bushings. In any case they are certainly quieter than rod ends would be and should last a good deal longer in street use. In case you're interested the J&M's are constructed of .120 wall 1026 tubing according to their tech rep.
Old 3/4/17, 09:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have 50k on my J&M's. Not a sound from them and they work very well.