2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Black GT or Race Red CS

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/14, 05:10 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Race Red for sure. I had a black SVT Focus, way too much of a pain to keep it looking good.
Old 6/10/14, 05:28 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wanted the CS and had a choice of Black close to home or RR 1100 miles away. I'm really glad I drove the miles now. Black is awesome but as everyone points out a part time job.

Most folks really like the CS up close. The "unique" CS stuff makes them stand out......As does the flashy red. Interior is unique as well.

If options were the same, I'd go RR/CS. Then again, I'm biased too, lol

Name:  20130815_113807.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  130.2 KB
Old 6/10/14, 09:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I've had 3 black cars, and didn't mind keeping them clean, but I was younger and much more limber then, so black was out for me this time.
I wanted Sterling Grey, Deep Impact Blue, or Race Red in that order, with Ingot Silver or Oxford White as the default colors if I couldn't find the options I had to have in the first 3 colors. No other colors were considered. I ended up with Ingot Silver, and I'm glad I did. It looks clean even when it's dirty.
I walked through my dealer's lot looking at the different colored Mustangs a couple of days after a rain looking to see how dirt showed up. Black was the worst, silver was the best for not showing dirt.
Old 6/10/14, 10:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552
... a perennial blow job to California like everything else.
at that line. I know what you mean - how about we bring back the High Country Special or Twister Special instead of California stuff?
Old 6/10/14, 10:51 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Carol Shelby like the CS. I'm cool with it.
Old 6/10/14, 10:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
11-12 are better wheels IMO
I have to agree. I HATE my wheels...mostly how narrow they are. I wish the brembo + wheel package was available on the CS. Only thing stopping me from changing them is the $2500 for the ones I want.
Old 6/10/14, 04:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
I have received quite a few compliments on the CS wheels, but I do want to upgrade them to something wider eventually. I'd go RR/CS. I like the CS appearance, and it is unique enough to stand out from the crowd.
Old 6/11/14, 02:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
For you CS guys that like your wheels, the Shelby CS70s are a good upgrade. They kinda keep the styling, while allowing you to step up to 20x9/10...
Old 6/11/14, 04:56 AM
Cobra Member

My 13 Boss is RR, wife's 11 GT is black. Hers is a PITA to keep clean, and every rock chip, scratch, ding, and swirl is much more noticeable on black than every other color. I would have bought a SGM Boss if that was an option, the one off raffle car looks amazing. Since the GB, GHIG, and Yellow was out (for me), that left only PW or RR when I ordered my Boss, and I've been very happy with it.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 6/11/14, 05:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Black isn't a color, it's a career choice
Old 6/11/14, 06:07 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think the OP got scared away. Doesn't look like he squeezed in a second post, and just ran for the hills!
Old 6/11/14, 06:26 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Bocefus
Black isn't a color, it's a career choice

For a couple of reasons a 2015 was off the table for me, but I wasn't in a position to pull the trigger on a '14 until several weeks ago.

A GT Premium 'vert with a stick was etched in stone, but dealer stock was dwindling on color choices. I found plenty of different colors east of the Mississippi but they with had automatics, or we're loaded with $4K in options that I didn't want, need, or could afford.

Color choice this late in the game became secondary, so black on black (w/Cashmere) it was.

Luckily I recently retired and I have the time to devote to it. It's also garage kept with a cover on it, and it doesn't come out in the rain, so that makes it easier. And I really do enjoy staying on top of it. It's not likely that I'll ever be able to take the plunge on something like this again, so I'm very motivated.

There's only 2 colors I'm not crazy about. I could have been very happy with RR had one been available...same with DIB and others.

Still, I'm not griping. My GT is always cleaned and detailed and ready to cruise.

Tom
Old 6/11/14, 06:41 AM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
As pthers have said theres nothing better than clean black paint, but i nearly lost my sanity and many friemds when i had my black stang. The race red cs with the black accent pieces and the right mods is one of the sexiest looking cars on the roads that i see so my vote would go for the race red!
Just watch out for cops because they WILL be looking at you lol
Old 6/11/14, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
I think the OP got scared away. Doesn't look like he squeezed in a second post, and just ran for the hills!
Didn't run yet but I appreciate every response to the post. Maybe I'm a liitle late on this search. The pickings are getting thin in the Northeast. I found the car I would like to buy but its in Georgia.

I have a dealer working on a search. We'll see what they come up with.
Old 6/11/14, 08:41 AM
V6 Member

Hard to keep Black clean man, as others have said. Beautiful, but too much maintenance!!
Old 6/11/14, 08:45 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by bushz
Didn't run yet but I appreciate every response to the post. Maybe I'm a liitle late on this search. The pickings are getting thin in the Northeast. I found the car I would like to buy but its in Georgia. I have a dealer working on a search. We'll see what they come up with.
Have you looked at Ray Skillman in greenwood, Indiana?
I can put you in touch with an honest salesman there. My wife and I bought two cars one day because of his willingness to help us.
Old 6/11/14, 12:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by bushz
Didn't run yet but I appreciate every response to the post. Maybe I'm a liitle late on this search. The pickings are getting thin in the Northeast. I found the car I would like to buy but its in Georgia.

I have a dealer working on a search. We'll see what they come up with.
If you find one in another state, don't let that be your barrier. One way tickets and driving it back are a great way to get to know your car, especially in your case since you could get the Blue Ridge Parkway, etc. on the way back. Or, look at shipping the car, which can be done for a couple hundred bucks usually.
Old 6/11/14, 12:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kylerohde
If you find one in another state, don't let that be your barrier. One way tickets and driving it back are a great way to get to know your car, especially in your case since you could get the Blue Ridge Parkway, etc. on the way back. Or, look at shipping the car, which can be done for a couple hundred bucks usually.

I WISH that it were possible to have the vehicle picked up right from the plant where the mustang is built. I'm only about 200miles from the location! I would have had it for weeks now
Old 6/11/14, 12:45 PM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
I WISH that it were possible to have the vehicle picked up right from the plant where the mustang is built. I'm only about 200miles from the location! I would have had it for weeks now
Heck id make the drive all the way from CC Texas if that was possible!
No test drive miles, only testing miles done by the factory drivers. Plus id love to tour the factory. Hell id love to work there even, be in the Mustang assembly line
Old 6/11/14, 01:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by CCTking
Heck id make the drive all the way from CC Texas if that was possible! No test drive miles, only testing miles done by the factory drivers. Plus id love to tour the factory. Hell id love to work there even, be in the Mustang assembly line
GM let's you do this at the Corvette plant. I was just talking to a coworker whose father did it for his Vette. Really wish Ford offered us something like that...

Quick Reply: Black GT or Race Red CS