Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Big problem after updating sync

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/20, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Big problem after updating sync

Hello!
Immediately I apologize for my English, I don’t know much, it translates this Google.
I downloaded the latest SYNC voice-activated update from https://owner.ford.com/ and installed. From the factory there was version 3.7, updated to 4.6. Now, after this, I am very ill.
Problems:
1. Very very very strong brakes, each action makes you wait a very long time. Switching the radio / usb / line in modes can be expected for 20-30 seconds. And this selection of the playback source mode is not saved after the ignition is turned off.
2. After the notification that my phone is connected to SYNC via bluetooth, all sounds disappear until you press the voice command button. The function itself does not work and immediately flies, but after the sound appears. Repeated pressing already works as it should.
3. Navigation does not work. Absolutely. It does not even turn on - the system freezes until you press something else.
What should I do? I want to return version 3.7 as it was from the factory !!! Everything worked as it should.
Old 3/18/20, 06:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
Can you revert back to the 3.7? Almost sound like you updated with the wrong file.
Old 3/18/20, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Can you revert back to the 3.7? Almost sound like you updated with the wrong file.
I can not do it. returning to factory settings yields nothing. it just resets the settings, but the sync version remains the same. but I could not find the firmware with the correct version. she is?
Old 3/18/20, 10:22 PM
V6 Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
i too updated to 4.6 i didn't notice any issues but i don't have navigation and i refused to pay the dealership to install it but in your case you may need to get it re-flashed at the dealership. took me all of 15 minutes to update instead of the 1hr they said it would take.
Old 3/19/20, 04:36 AM

https://owner.ford.com/ is the most crooked site on the entire Internet. I want to look into the eyes of the one who made it ... There is generally impossible to find anything, the information that came in handy there is no such information. The old site was better. Where can I see SYNC update history now? And if I want to reflash again? Go to the dealer and pay $$$
Old 3/19/20, 06:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
why did you do the update in the first place?
Old 3/19/20, 06:36 AM

I did not quite understand. Google translates poorly. I registered and got out a message that there is a new version. I did everything right, the installation was successful. only the update made everything worse. one good thing is that there is a song title and a reboot. are these updates in the sync block itself or on hdd?
Old 3/19/20, 01:23 PM
V6 Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
when i logged into ford.ca's website i was told there was a sync update to 4.6 so i followed the directions which were wrong and i got clarification from ford but i noticed they did not change the website yet for my car it says to format memory stick to ExFat but it was to be formatted to fat32 so after i got it all sorted out it took all of 15 minutes but i noticed nothing different in my car except the gas gauge moved as i had to have the car running the whole time...but if there is an issue with the update i would take it to ford tell them what happened and let them fix it it will cost you but it will get repaired....i am looking for the navigation system for my car but it seems i can get aftermarket cheaper than stock at the moment
Old 3/19/20, 09:18 PM

Mustang is not officially brought to us, it makes no sense to go to the dealer; they do not know anything. Therefore, I do everything myself. I need SYNC firmware with voice navigation versions 2010-2011, this is probably gen1 / 2 v. 3.XX. In these versions, the playback source is saved, this is all I need, and the navigation features with it, all the same for our region there are no maps and it only records the route.
Where are these updates recorded? I suspect that there is already no free space and therefore it slows down. Do I have 20 GB HDD in my head unit, if I connect it to a PC and delete unnecessary? Has anyone done this, is it possible?
Old 3/20/20, 05:54 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
I didn't do the latest update because of the problems people were having with it. I have the update before the bad one on a Flash Drive that I loaded into my 2011 v6 with the factory navigation . I'm sure FORD has put some kind of security in it when I downloaded from their web site. I'm sure it is VIN secured or some other way, but I have the update I 'think' your looking for. I don't know what the update number is, but it's not the newest bad one...………...
Old 3/20/20, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by David Young
I didn't do the latest update because of the problems people were having with it. I have the update before the bad one on a Flash Drive that I loaded into my 2011 v6 with the factory navigation . I'm sure FORD has put some kind of security in it when I downloaded from their web site. I'm sure it is VIN secured or some other way, but I have the update I 'think' your looking for. I don't know what the update number is, but it's not the newest bad one...………...
no, no protection. I have already downloaded and installed dozens of different versions. but I didn’t find the right one. you are my savior! and if anyone needs I have many other versions 4.X.X
Old 3/21/20, 10:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 14Mustang_Driver
i am looking for the navigation system for my car but it seems i can get aftermarket cheaper than stock at the moment
Get an Android tablet and take a look at Sygic. It is an excellent app with worldwide maps available.
Old 3/23/20, 05:22 AM

AR3T-14D544-AE Gen1 V3.1
Here is a version I had before the problems started. I want her back
Old 2/5/21, 08:04 PM

Smile SYNC 4.6 UPDATE

I took my '13 in for dealer service and had them put in the 4.6 update. Since I don't have Nav, the only thing I noticed is now when I run BT audio the name of the song along with the album tittle shows up. (Android phone)