Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Better way to inventory search for GHIG?

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/12, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Better way to inventory search for GHIG?

I know there are Ford customer service reps in here so I was just wondering if anybody knew a better way to search retail inventory than just by one zip code at a time. It is infuriating having to look up every city zip code map and entering 15 different zips just to see all the dealers in one town.

I'm trying to find a GHIG to see what it looks like in person before we order our car. I don't care if it's a V6, GT, or Boss 302. I just want to see the color. Cars.com shows 3 in the entire country, but there has to be more than that. Is it that rare a color?

Last edited by tech10002; 3/23/12 at 08:07 AM.
Old 3/23/12, 08:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tech10002
I know there are Ford customer service reps in here so I was just wondering if anybody knew a better way to search retail inventory than just by one zip code at a time. It is infuriating having to look up every city zip code map and entering 15 different zips just to see all the dealers in one town.

I'm trying to find a GHIG to see what it looks like in person before we order our car. I don't care if it's a V6, GT, or Boss 302. I just want to see the color. Cars.com shows 3 in the entire country, but there has to be more than that. Is it that rare a color?
Hey bud, let me know where you live, city and state-wise and I can do a locate on my dealer inventory tool. I can find where on is in less than 5 minutes.
Old 3/23/12, 08:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was in your boat looking for Grabber Blue. Luckily, I happened upon one in a dealership. Looks like GHIG is like GB in that you need to see it as pictures move the colors somewhat. Considering they're still pretty new, it may be tough to see one for awhile. Have you tried searching inventory on cars.com?
Old 3/23/12, 09:15 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey bud, let me know where you live, city and state-wise and I can do a locate on my dealer inventory tool. I can find where on is in less than 5 minutes.
Hello tech10002,

I just wanted to say... 05fordgt, is the man for the job!

Deysha
Old 3/23/12, 09:25 AM

I'm in the Lexington, Ky area, 40517 zip. I know there's none in the immediate area, but I'm willing to travel a few hours to look at one.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.
Old 3/23/12, 02:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hello tech10002,

Deysha
Thanks for the kind words Deysha!!
Old 3/23/12, 02:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm in the Lexington, Ky area, 40517 zip. I know there's none in the immediate area, but I'm willing to travel a few hours to look at one.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.
Hey dude, I looked at every V6 and GT out there and there are NONE!!! At least not stock units. There may be a retail for someone, but they won't show up. I even looked at Boss 302s and there were only 2 for stock. Once in tne NC region and one in the Atlanta region. Sorry I couldn't find one for you.

It looks like the dealers are scared of this color for stock!! This car is my next GT to be scheduled for stock and I will have the ONLY one around ANYWHERE!! I'm excited!!
Old 3/23/12, 03:02 PM

Thanks for the kind words Deysha!!
Anytime, 05fordgt!!

Deysha
Old 3/23/12, 03:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Who has the GHIG Boss in Atlanta?? I would like to go see it ..
Old 3/23/12, 03:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by dmhines
Who has the GHIG Boss in Atlanta?? I would like to go see it ..
Its actually not in Atlanta, but in the Atlanta region. Its at Long-Lewis Ford Lincoln in Muscle Shoals, Alabama.
Old 3/23/12, 05:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

Hello tech10002,

Deysha
Deysha, 05fordgt is the man period. Thanks for everything you do Jeff! Thank you too Deysha!
Old 3/23/12, 06:52 PM
V6 Member

Hey dude, I looked at every V6 and GT out there and there are NONE!!! At least not stock units. There may be a retail for someone, but they won't show up. I even looked at Boss 302s and there were only 2 for stock. Once in tne NC region and one in the Atlanta region. Sorry I couldn't find one for you.

It looks like the dealers are scared of this color for stock!! This car is my next GT to be scheduled for stock and I will have the ONLY one around ANYWHERE!! I'm excited!!
Do you happen to remember where the one in NC was? I'll take a drive to see it. Thanks
Old 3/23/12, 09:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Its actually not in Atlanta, but in the Atlanta region. Its at Long-Lewis Ford Lincoln in Muscle Shoals, Alabama.
Thanks ... Actually Ford of Marietta shows a GHIG Boss on Order ...
Old 3/23/12, 11:42 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey, Jeff. I, too, have a GHIG GT on order for dealer stock. Black OTT Stripe with the pedestal spoiler and the black coffin wheels. Premium GT Coupe with black leather. I think the stripe, wheels, and interior will be enough black (with the taillights) to offset the green nicely. Can't wait for it to arrive.
Old 3/24/12, 08:55 AM

Thanks for the help. I'm kind of afraid of it too. I don't blame the dealers. It sure seems to be a polarizing color. Maybe we'll just be safe and go with another color. I'd hate to go out every morning and be sick when I see the car. LOL If you don't mind, I'm gonna send you a PM, though. I'm curious about the details of the one you have coming in.
Old 3/24/12, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by 88Saleen544
Do you happen to remember where the one in NC was? I'll take a drive to see it. Thanks
If its the one I saw in the inventory it's in Raleigh or Cary. It came up in the zip code inventory search last week.
Old 3/24/12, 09:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Hey, Jeff. I, too, have a GHIG GT on order for dealer stock. Black OTT Stripe with the pedestal spoiler and the black coffin wheels. Premium GT Coupe with black leather. I think the stripe, wheels, and interior will be enough black (with the taillights) to offset the green nicely. Can't wait for it to arrive.
We have matching twin cars Brian. I always put on the Sec/Rev Pkg, and the Comfort Pkg too. Sticker is $39155 I think. Something like that. I can't wait to see it.
Old 3/26/12, 07:28 AM
V6 Member

The NC Boss should be this one (?) https://themustangsource.com/f813/g-t-h-i-g-nc-506714/
Old 3/26/12, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sky Hye
Deysha, 05fordgt is the man period. Thanks for everything you do Jeff! Thank you too Deysha!
Anytime, Sky Hye!

Deysha
Old 3/27/12, 01:05 PM
V6 Member

As of 3pm today Long-Lewis has not revieved the GHIG Boss that they have on oreder .

Quick Reply: Better way to inventory search for GHIG?