Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Best place to get OEM parts - a little upset.

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/11, 12:23 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Best place to get OEM parts - a little upset.

So something terrible happened the other day while my car was parked... Someone drove by and knocked my passenger side mirrior off. I guess they must have hit it pretty hard because it was pretty mangled.

I managed to glue the whole thing back together. It doesn't look so great, but the mirror still works so it'll be ok for now. Of course, that brings me to the real reason for this thread - How can I get a new mirror?

I'm in Italy so I need to find someone that will ship to APO and I'm not sure what I need exactly. I looked up some part numbers and found the parts of the mirror listed seperately and also as an assembly, but does the assembly include an all new motor, the color matching piece on top and everything?

I guess really I need to talk to someone that sells OEM parts and figure the whole thing out. Who would you guys recommend?

On a side note. Why didn't Ford design these mirrors to fold in...? Would allow safer parallel parking and possibly could have saved my mirror in this case...
Old 3/3/11, 01:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I see you just posted this. I know that Mustangs Unlimited ships internationally. There site us down right now. I've got their's & 50resto's catalog. I'll look in it tom morning. Not sure I'm literally smart enough to do this. If nobody else offers, I will just figure it out. Uh, not sure what's pass where you are? RH or LH? See ya!
Old 3/3/11, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dragonacc
So something terrible happened the other day while my car was parked... Someone drove by and knocked my passenger side mirrior off. I guess they must have hit it pretty hard because it was pretty mangled.

I managed to glue the whole thing back together. It doesn't look so great, but the mirror still works so it'll be ok for now. Of course, that brings me to the real reason for this thread - How can I get a new mirror?

I'm in Italy so I need to find someone that will ship to APO and I'm not sure what I need exactly. I looked up some part numbers and found the parts of the mirror listed seperately and also as an assembly, but does the assembly include an all new motor, the color matching piece on top and everything?

I guess really I need to talk to someone that sells OEM parts and figure the whole thing out. Who would you guys recommend?

On a side note. Why didn't Ford design these mirrors to fold in...? Would allow safer parallel parking and possibly could have saved my mirror in this case...
Shoot me an email, I think I may be able to help you out...

steve@purespeedmotorsports.com
Old 3/3/11, 10:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
None in MU & 50Resto. I'll keep looking.
Old 3/3/11, 05:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look at the bright side; if the mirror wasn't sticking out the idiot might have hit the car itself ...