2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Began cleaning for Sunday's Cruise...

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/11, 04:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Began cleaning for Sunday's Cruise...

Yesterday I vacuumed it. That dang near killed me.

Today I cleaned like dash & door panels. I then went to wash my motor. I only use Neguiar's products now, if I can. I used their Supreme Shine Protectant spray. I think I'll re-buy that. I used it on engine as well. Here's pics of that:

This is as good as I can clean & afford to get cleaned!! I'll clean like my jams tomorrow & wash exterior Fri. Imagine she won't move till then?
Old 9/7/11, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's "like" clean!
Old 9/7/11, 04:11 PM
Cobra R Member

What does that mean? I'm disabled & poor. How about you?
Old 9/7/11, 04:13 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks fresh and sparkly clean to me
Old 9/7/11, 04:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Thanks!
Old 9/7/11, 04:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Eli -

Looks great man! After seeing those earlier photos of your engine, it looks REALLY clean now! I fully understand the ill effects tho. After working 5 or 6 hours (with a friend helping me) install my Steeda springs & Konis on Saturday I could hardly move for 48 hours afterwards! Felt like I'd been in a car wreck! My friend helping me just turned 26 (just over half my age) so he felt no pain, just excitement at working on such a clean car (I had about 1300 miles on my coupe, none in the rain).

I guess all the down/up of getting under the car & back up was like dozens of pushups. Fortunately I had some Vicodins left over from my surgeries earlier this year, LOL.

I was under the gun on Monday, had to change the oil and rotate the tires on my wife's Odyssey, which was about 48 hours after working on my car so I was able to git-r-done.

Keep up the good work, man! You've always got a friend here.
Old 9/7/11, 04:50 PM

Like Eric says, looks worlds better than your earlier photos when you got the shaker installed. Good job!

I know how much work it takes to get them and keep them clean like that, I wish I had the time to keep my truck that clean, but it sees way to many dirt roads for that!

I don't really think he other guy was being cruel, or he would have used a question mark instead of an exclamation point.
Old 9/7/11, 04:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Thanks!! Now I just have to clean it in shifts. I can't rush myself or I will forget stuff, even more then usual. I already see spots I missed on vacuuming, once I redo it, I'll then see parts on engine bay. I'm as **** & OCD as they come. I just know @ some point I will lose that battle. I can never clean as I once could! Clean it to 'good enough' will have to work.
Old 9/7/11, 05:12 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice work spending time on all the little details. I usually go over it really well twice a year and hit all of that kind of stuff; gas door, engine bay, hood/door/trunk jambs. When I swap wheels I spend time doing the inner fenders and brakes/suspension. It doesn't seem like it makes a difference, but it does.

Couple neat little tricks for ya to try; if you have some, use Klasse AIO on your windows and windshield on the inside, and instead of Rain-X or Invisible Glass, use some Blackfire Wet Diamond on them. Treat your windshield with Rain-X (or Aquapel), but the other glass do with the WD. You'll be amazed how much nicer they turn out.

Also, another good engine/interior protectant is 303 Aerospace. It leaves a medium shine and holds up well underhood. 1Z Cockpit Premium is a great interior choice, and looks like nothing was put on the car when you're done. I hate it when people have slimy interiors, and this stuff prevents that.

Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.
Old 9/7/11, 05:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

That shaker reminds me of my '69 Mach1 i sold 2 years ago. Nice job on the cleaning and detailing. Have a happy cruise Eli .
Old 9/7/11, 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Eli I thought I remember seeing your engine bay in a pic like a month or so ago n it was dirty as a ****. If I wasn't mistaken about that, you must have put some work in cause that thing is CLEAN CLEAN now. Good work.
Old 9/7/11, 06:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Looks like new again! Nice job!
Old 9/7/11, 06:15 PM
Cobra R Member

That's kinda just it. Me buying this car basically takes all I can afford. I looked up that 303 stuff, but forgot. Where do I get it, post a link, & how much will it cost?

Thanks! Cleaning jams & stuff is my ****-ness. I can do this. It should be fun. Can't wait to see west all shows up.
Old 9/7/11, 08:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dunno if there are any West Marines around you but they have it in stock there generally. It was somewhere in the area of $15 for a 16oz spray bottle I think.
Old 9/7/11, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by eliyarbrough
What does that mean? I'm disabled & poor. How about you?
I was referencing your multiple and oddly placed uses of "like" :-)

Seriously though, it's clean under the hood and I'm liking that shaker.
Old 9/7/11, 11:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Sorry, I'm just not great @ hearing the tone of stuff said. When it's typed, I have no shot. I like say like a lot, don't I?

Thanks!!
Old 9/8/11, 07:47 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Looking very good Eli.
Old 9/8/11, 02:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Looks awesome bro! nice job
Old 9/8/11, 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
Eli -

Looks great man! After seeing those earlier photos of your engine, it looks REALLY clean now! I fully understand the ill effects tho. After working 5 or 6 hours (with a friend helping me) install my Steeda springs & Konis on Saturday I could hardly move for 48 hours afterwards! Felt like I'd been in a car wreck! My friend helping me just turned 26 (just over half my age) so he felt no pain, just excitement at working on such a clean car (I had about 1300 miles on my coupe, none in the rain).

I guess all the down/up of getting under the car & back up was like dozens of pushups. Fortunately I had some Vicodins left over from my surgeries earlier this year, LOL.

I was under the gun on Monday, had to change the oil and rotate the tires on my wife's Odyssey, which was about 48 hours after working on my car so I was able to git-r-done.

Keep up the good work, man! You've always got a friend here.
Leftover vicodin saves the day again!
Old 9/8/11, 06:13 PM
Cobra R Member

My passenger bailed late last night & now I am not going. It I can get to where cruise starts, I'd have someone to ride with me. That's hour away, & at 6 in the morning. There's no way I could keep myself for sure awake! I asked my in town cousin, he's going to a Rangers game. Can't find anybody so short notice. Oh well, start finding someone for next year. I'm sounding nice & civil on here. Not on the inside, I'm pissed!!

Quick Reply: Began cleaning for Sunday's Cruise...