2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Bassani Catback video

Search this Thread

Old 10/4/10, 12:16 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bassani Catback video

Here is a quick clip of my car just revving.
ENJOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYTU-7r_HTA
Old 10/4/10, 01:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Yeah. I came. I don't see how anyone could possibly buy any other exhaust after that. Please make an in car video (with no music).
Old 10/4/10, 11:20 AM
V6 Member

I will make a video here shortly of the inside and outside. With the GoPro HD. I will try and get a hold of a better mic to record audio so I can capture all the glory.

The first video was filmed with a Canon 1D MK IV with a 21 mm Distagon T* f/2.8. I am going to build a mount so I can securely lock down a tripod in the back. And use this camera for the inside shots.
Old 10/4/10, 01:56 PM
Cobra Member

Wow man, those sound wicked sick!

Have you had any problems with them? Possible drone?
Old 10/4/10, 03:12 PM
GT Member

Best sounding exhaust I have heard. This is the first bassani vid that captures the sound at higher rpm. Thank you! Sounds very low and deep at low rpm but opens up in the higher rpm without the raspiness I've seen from others. Is it much louder than stock? Any drone around 2000 rpm?
Old 10/4/10, 03:29 PM
V6 Member

Yes there are drone problems between 1800-2000 rpm only while accelerating in higher gears. Like highway cruising when I am in 6th and do not want to change gears to go from 65-70. You could change gears and get no drone tho. For a Daily driver I think it might get annoying. But since it is not my daily driver not a big deal to me.
It is a lot louder when you hit the go pedal. Under steady throttle its go a nice deep rumble. It sounds absolutely amazing driving say though a under pass or parking garage. Pretty tame at idle tho.
The install was easy as long as you have access to a rack and there were no fitment problems. By Thursday at the very latest I will have more videos up of inside and outside.
Old 10/4/10, 07:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thx Christian, very nice sound. I'll have the exact same sound whenever my Bassani package clears the **** Canadian customs. They've been stuck there 8 days now. It's not like i'm trying to import an exotic animal for crying out loud. Sucks. Free trade agreement. Yeah right !!!!!!!!
Sorry, had to vent.
Old 10/4/10, 07:25 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Thx Christian, very nice sound. I'll have the exact same sound whenever my Bassani package clears the **** Canadian customs. They've been stuck there 8 days now. It's not like i'm trying to import an exotic animal for crying out loud. Sucks. Free trade agreement. Yeah right !!!!!!!!
Sorry, had to vent.
Oh man the pain you must be going through is must be horrible! But it is worth the wait thats for sure!
Old 10/4/10, 08:17 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AK 5.0
For a Daily driver I think it might get annoying. But since it is not my daily driver not a big deal to me.
Fantastic sound, congrats! Unfortunately mine is definitely a Daily Driver so I need to look at some options that won't drone.
Old 10/5/10, 04:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for posting your video here... of course we're looking for more videos of your Stang! I looked into Bassani before and loved it, but now I can't think of another exhaust to install on mine. It's been on the wishlist already, but not I may have to accelerate that a bit...

The difficulty is to find a licensed dealer to install it in my area... not many around. I may just order it and then find somebody to install it for me... I don't have access to a lift, nor do I feel competent enough to venture into this myself...

I'm sure it sounds awesome in person!
Old 10/6/10, 06:40 PM
V6 Member

I'll have the exact same sound whenever my Bassani package clears the **** Canadian customs. They've been stuck there 8 days now. It's not like i'm trying to import an exotic animal for crying out loud. Sucks. Free trade agreement. Yeah right !!!!!!!!
Sorry, had to vent.
I can't figure that out. A shop near me ordered my Borla Sport axle-backs from the warehouse in PA on Monday and they were at his door within 24 hours. My car was on his lift at 8:30 this morning and I was backing out by 9 with a whole new sound.
Old 10/6/10, 06:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by magnatic
I can't figure that out. A shop near me ordered my Borla Sport axle-backs from the warehouse in PA on Monday and they were at his door within 24 hours. My car was on his lift at 8:30 this morning and I was backing out by 9 with a whole new sound.
The wait wasn't so much the customs themselves, but rather trying to find a vendor that could get them period. The only vendor that could get them within a reasonnable time frame was Dallas Mustang, and it was still B/O for 2 weeks when i called and eventually bought them. Once they got them, they shipped out within 3 days which was fine with me, i expected some delays due to Bassani being hard to find. But the good news is, i missed Canada post today by 15 minutes. They had a package for me. ( read my mufflers )....so i'll go get them at the post office tomorrow and hoping to have them installed by Saturday-Sunday.

Last edited by montreal ponies; 10/6/10 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10/6/10, 06:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by magnatic
Actually i could've had Borla's or Magnaflow's installed right away at my local Ford dealership. They had them in stock. But i wanted the Bassani's and nothing else. I've heard the Flows with catback on a 5.0 and didn't like the sound.
Old 10/6/10, 09:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Dan, can I have your car?
Old 10/7/10, 04:54 AM
V6 Member

...so i'll go get them at the post office tomorrow and hoping to have them installed by Saturday-Sunday.
I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.
Old 10/7/10, 08:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by laserred38
Dan, can I have your car?
NAh, i don't think you'd want my car with the little rock chip in the windshield.

GOT MY BASSANI'S AXLE BACK. THEY'RE IN THE GARAGE, no kidding.
Nice parts, hoping to do the install on Saturday. Will post a vid as soon as it's installed.
Old 10/8/10, 12:25 AM
V6 Member

NAh, i don't think you'd want my car with the little rock chip in the windshield.

GOT MY BASSANI'S AXLE BACK. THEY'RE IN THE GARAGE, no kidding.
Nice parts, hoping to do the install on Saturday. Will post a vid as soon as it's installed.
The install is pretty straight forward.

Just a few tips:
Use WD-40 on the rubber exhaust hangers to make it easier to slip out.
Eat your Wheaties
Wear some gloves
There are Two plastic tabs that will get in the way on the rear valance when you are trying to install the Bassani's... you'll find them just unbutton them to make it easier
Old 10/8/10, 05:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2011 GT
Thanks for posting your video here... of course we're looking for more videos of your Stang! I looked into Bassani before and loved it, but now I can't think of another exhaust to install on mine. It's been on the wishlist already, but not I may have to accelerate that a bit...

The difficulty is to find a licensed dealer to install it in my area... not many around. I may just order it and then find somebody to install it for me... I don't have access to a lift, nor do I feel competent enough to venture into this myself...

I'm sure it sounds awesome in person!
I could help you with the axleback Andy, but if you do the X you'd definitely need a lift.
Old 10/11/10, 03:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah... that's the problem: the lift!

I'll have to check with a friend of mine, maybe he'll be able to install them. He has a small mechanics shop with a lift... that may be my best option.

Otherwise, I'll have to shop around and see where the next licensed dealer/installer is. The Bassani website seems dated, as there are some listings under the "Dealers" section, which are no longer Bassani dealers.
Old 10/11/10, 05:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2011 GT
Yeah... that's the problem: the lift!

I'll have to check with a friend of mine, maybe he'll be able to install them. He has a small mechanics shop with a lift... that may be my best option.

Otherwise, I'll have to shop around and see where the next licensed dealer/installer is. The Bassani website seems dated, as there are some listings under the "Dealers" section, which are no longer Bassani dealers.
The Bassani dealers are simply where you can buy the products from. Any muffler shop can bolt the exhaust up for you in under an hour. If you're concerned about taking your car to a shop where they could do a crap job and overcharge (as you know is common in SW FL haha), then I can recommend a very good shop.

Last edited by Stangpilot007; 10/11/10 at 05:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Bassani Catback video