Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Bama says it is NOT turning off knock sensors

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/14, 06:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OnceYouGoBlack
This thread just got even crazier? LOL say wut? 14????? Why do young people insist on posting their age, hahaha. When I was 14, I was 18 on the internet :-)
I've been pretending I that I'm 18 on the internet since I was 7, I'm 17 now sooo...
Old 8/10/14, 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
When other tuners were rushing to get tunes out & gain market share ... we took our time developing these tunes, essentially bringing a safe, reliable & powerful tune to the market.

We give the customer the piece of mind that our tunes won't precipitate damage & that their investment is safe when the choose Steeda.

Best Regards,

TJ

All I can say is that I LOVE my Steeda Tunes! I have tons of Steeda parts and equipment installed on my 2011 GT, and never once had any issues with any of their products.

Same goes with the Steeda Tunes, which are amazing and powerful. And Steeda will offer you updates, if you should add more mods at a later time.

I am one happy Steeda customer for life!!!
Old 8/10/14, 09:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ace72ace
I bet plenty of people ignored it because it looks like crap, myself included. If the rest of the world can hit the return key once in a while, you can too. Most people here couldn't care less if 'your' was used instead of 'you're', but that 'giant wall of words' to quote another poster was freaking annoying.

Funny how you can play the grammar (not punctuation) card as a retort when called out...

But it's the internet, so nobody really cares. Don't like it? Ignore it and move on.

Props to the humorous way it was called out, I got a chuckle out of it.

Oh I'm sorry if you don't have time to read eighteen whole sentences. But I forgot I'm dealing with the generation that thinks everything in the world can be explained in buzz clips and one liners because they have the attention span of a gnat on meth. Unfortunately the real world doesn't work that way. Don't like it, move on.

And for the record, leaving a . off the end of a sentence is punctuation, genius.

Last edited by White2010; 8/10/14 at 09:15 PM.
Old 8/11/14, 12:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tj@steeda

When other tuners were rushing to get tunes out & gain market share ... we took our time developing these tunes, essentially bringing a safe, reliable & powerful tune to the market.

We give the customer the piece of mind that our tunes won't precipitate damage & that their investment is safe when the choose Steeda.

Best Regards,

TJ
Oh, I know Steeda does excellent work, and have great parts as well. I don't think I've ever heard anything negative about you guys. I mentioned you guys because I know you haven't blown any coyote engines. I wanted to bring that to the "table" since home boy said '11-'12 motors are prone to losing cylinder #8, which is a false statement. People aren't dropping cylinder #8 anymore, and that's because tuners wised up on their radical tunes.

There's reasons why I'm a Steeda customer and not a AM customer.

Last edited by KushBandit; 8/11/14 at 12:55 AM.
Old 8/11/14, 06:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by White2010
Oh I'm sorry if you don't have time to read eighteen whole sentences. But I forgot I'm dealing with the generation that thinks everything in the world can be explained in buzz clips and one liners because they have the attention span of a gnat on meth. Unfortunately the real world doesn't work that way. Don't like it, move on.

And for the record, leaving a . off the end of a sentence is punctuation, genius.
Sorry, what were we talking about?

Old 8/11/14, 06:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
this should be good.
Old 8/11/14, 07:01 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by rmurer
this should be good.
Isn't it though? I find it funny that Bama/AM issue threads keep popping up, and yet there's still folks who want to use their tunes. I don't get it. Hearsay or not, why risk it? why take the chance? LOL... hilarious. On top of that, you get folks that are overly sensitive, then the thread goes from technically helpful, to an episode of Real Housewives of xxxxxxx (my wife watches that show, I HATE it.)

edit: I'm still laughing over Sean's comment, that AM is the "Walmart of the Mustang Aftermarket". The next morning, I'm laughing about it even more, because it really is true, now that I think about it more....

Last edited by FromZto5; 8/11/14 at 07:11 AM.
Old 8/11/14, 07:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Thank you, Kush & Andy.

We appreciate the feedback & we value you as loyal Steeda customers!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 8/11/14, 08:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 779 Likes on 568 Posts
Do you think Bama would turn my knock sensors on if I called and asked them to do that for me?
Old 8/11/14, 08:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Edit. It's not worth it.

Last edited by GrabberBlue5.0; 8/11/14 at 09:10 AM.
Old 8/11/14, 09:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Isn't it though? I find it funny that Bama/AM issue threads keep popping up, and yet there's still folks who want to use their tunes. I don't get it. Hearsay or not, why risk it? why take the chance? LOL... hilarious. On top of that, you get folks that are overly sensitive, then the thread goes from technically helpful, to an episode of Real Housewives of xxxxxxx (my wife watches that show, I HATE it.)

edit: I'm still laughing over Sean's comment, that AM is the "Walmart of the Mustang Aftermarket". The next morning, I'm laughing about it even more, because it really is true, now that I think about it more....
This sucks because I really hate Walmart and now I have a Walmart grille in my car.
Old 8/11/14, 09:28 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with your Bama tune. Just because the log is showing "0" Knock does not mean that your knock sensors are turned off. This could mean a bunch of different things. Your tune could be conservative, you really could be getting 0 knock, your sensors could be pulling from individual cylinders or many other things. It's very unfortunate that this thread has gone this far off of incorrect information.

I want to assure you that Bama does not turn off the knock sensors. Bama's Race tune has the knock sensors turned from pulling globally to pulling timing from the individual cylinder. When you do this it doesn't show up with the normal knock sensor value. When the Bama team logs your tune, we can watch it pull timing from each individual cylinder. If someone is having an issue we set it back to global so we can see it within the logs but to help optimize the tunes having it pull out timing from the exact cylinder can help.

Hope this helps. Feel free to give the Bama team a call with any questions. They will be glad to get you squared away and answer whatever you can throw at them!

-Dan
Thanks for responding. It's good to know that AM doesn't actually disable knock sensors, as that would be pretty crazy.
Old 8/11/14, 09:57 AM
Cobra R Member

For what its worth I had a bama tune for awhile, I never had issues. Am I still running it?

No because I don't think they tune for superchargers and plus all the flak that they get i don't think i would want them too.

I think a lot of people drool at the fact that they get life time tunes through BAMA, thats great for small add on's here and there. But if you start getting into legit mods a paid for tune through a more reputable name is the way to go.

I know a lot of people knock AM and BAMA, and sure people have legit reasons too. But i never had an issue with them and until I do I will continue to purchase products through them. my 2 cents.
Old 8/11/14, 10:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
For what its worth I had a bama tune for awhile, I never had issues. Am I still running it?

No because I don't think they tune for superchargers and plus all the flak that they get i don't think i would want them too.

I think a lot of people drool at the fact that they get life time tunes through BAMA, thats great for small add on's here and there. But if you start getting into legit mods a paid for tune through a more reputable name is the way to go.

I know a lot of people knock AM and BAMA, and sure people have legit reasons too. But i never had an issue with them and until I do I will continue to purchase products through them. my 2 cents.

I agree too. I think that everyone at one point in time may have a bad experience with a vendor or product which results in a lost customer for life. I also agree that we the consumer, have every right to vent and complain about their bad experiences. With that said, I would expect that we would TRY to give the vendor a chance to fix the problem or at least give fair reasoning before bashing begins.

I too have purchased something from AM (I don't want to say what I ordered because its not an MGW Shifter and I don't want to get flamed for buying its competitor lol) - but because they were the ones that actually provided me with quick and prompt service and answered all of my questions where as I haven't received that level of service that I was hoping for from others. It doesn't mean that I'm going to bash anyone nor am I not going to stop trying to buy from others.

Although it sucks. I can totally relate to everyone's frustration when it comes to trying to rectify problems where you feel like you aren't getting the service/attention you deserve.

I say.... If they don't give you the level of service that any customer requires, then bash away.....

if you ARE working with the vendor, quit complaining and spend your time trying to get the wrong, right.

Last edited by JoeMidnight; 8/11/14 at 10:50 AM.
Old 8/11/14, 11:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Just wanted to say that I am running bama tunes right now and have had zero issues. Perhaps it is because I have no "real" mods that would require big changes (just CAI and mufflers), but I am pleased so far. Not saying those that have issues don't have a good reason, but the ones with problems shout loudest while satisfied customers lurk silently =/

just my small denomination of currency
Old 8/11/14, 12:02 PM
Cobra R Member

For what its worth the issues people were having with the #8 cylinder were due to the tune and that has since been fixed. There was a thread on here going over what the #8 cylinder failure was from and that the "base" tune file had something wrong with it. Since the base tune file has changed the #8 failure has all but been taken care of. I don't think i've seen a #8 failure at least on the forums in 6 months.
Old 8/11/14, 12:05 PM
Cobra R Member

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...e-look-529745/

thread i had mentioned.
Old 8/11/14, 12:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For what its worth the issues people were having with the #8 cylinder were due to the tune and that has since been fixed. There was a thread on here going over what the #8 cylinder failure was from and that the "base" tune file had something wrong with it. Since the base tune file has changed the #8 failure has all but been taken care of. I don't think i've seen a #8 failure at least on the forums in 6 months.
Must you inject common sense?
Old 8/11/14, 12:19 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Hearsay or not, why risk it?
I really hope you are a better researcher on other issues rather than just believing bull**** 'hearsay' on the internet which can run like a wildfire without any factual evidence.

I didn't believe the OP from day one.
Old 8/11/14, 12:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I have had no problems with my Bama tune what so ever. I even decided to datalog and send the file to Bama so they can fine tune it to my car. They did it in a very timely manner especially since I had an autocross event I was preparing for. I only have a CAI and I believe that Bama produces fine tunes for most bolt-on parts. When I am finally complete with my power modifications one day, then I would go to a reputable shop and have it dyno tuned.

Quick Reply: Bama says it is NOT turning off knock sensors