Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: Do you agree with this
Yes
41.76%
No
58.24%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Bad News for Retro Body Lovers (Cont. of the New Body Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/06, 03:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RaGsHoCkEy88
1st of all guys, the camaro and challenger will not look the way they do right now as concepts, lots will change before both hit the streets...dont forget that in the camaro design studio, a new mustang was used to take styling queues from
Read this article regarding the Challenger.

As for the S197 Mustang in the Camaro design studio, I suspect it was there as a competitive study, not to take styling cues directly from it.
Old 7/28/06, 12:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
possible styling cues...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/07/...-ford-concept/

Old 7/28/06, 07:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
Thanks for the link. Someone mentioned in the article comments that it might be the Reflex.
Old 7/31/06, 02:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Has anyone seen http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forum...p?showforum=16? A few excerpts from the post:
"I really liked new details on the body sides and fenders. The front is more modern but still carries the 'mustang look' Did not care for the new tail lights and sculpted rear bumper. Kind of hard to describe and of course there are no pictures.

The new interior is sweet. Nicely stitched seats, metal accents around the gear shift and door speaker. Video display in center column with rows of grouped buttons below for HVAC and sound systems, navigation. Much more upscale look than the current plastic interior.
The rear quater windows and indeed the entire roof line is unchanged.

Could not tell if the headlights were xenon or halogen but were a more modern design and the fog lights were projector style lenses.

The rear fenders are more muscular, the body line along the side is more pronounced, the nose is more agressive and slightly shorter grille. They really seam to be going for the mucsular, agressive look."
Old 7/31/06, 09:00 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's the specific link to "I saw the 2009 Mustang Prototype today"

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forum...showtopic=2362
Old 8/1/06, 04:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Here's the specific link to "I saw the 2009 Mustang Prototype today"

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forum...showtopic=2362
Shoot, sorry about that! I thought I posted the thread link, not the whole forum. Thanks for the catch
Old 8/3/06, 06:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'll just be dying to see the first pics of the new style Mustang.
Old 8/5/06, 09:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

As long as they fix the window scratching problem I'll be happy! Maybe.
Old 8/9/06, 06:02 PM
V6 Member

I am not sure if Tony A. heard any of this but Jim Owens mentioned last year at Woodward that the next "new" Stang was due in '09 (now more like '10) and there were some design concepts floating around on the West Coast. And one of the designers involved is Camillo Pardo, designer of the Ford GT. If he can pull off for Mustangs what he did for the GT then we will be alright.
Old 8/13/06, 07:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Let's hope he does good work
Old 8/14/06, 03:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Thanks for the link. Someone mentioned in the article comments that it might be the Reflex.
Too big, maybe they have actually some stones and Lincoln could get a coupe
Old 8/14/06, 03:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DrunkenDragon713
the camaro concept looks like a turd with wheels, I'd buy a honda before I'd buy that p.o.s. If the new mustang looks similar to the camaro concept, I'll be buying an 07-08 then, or sticking with my 00 and build me a 69.
I'm with you here, and listening to Chevy talk about the next Camaro now holds as much water as hezbollah claiming victory in Lebanaon, or Hillary saying anything for that mater.
Old 8/15/06, 09:17 AM
Cam Tease

The Camaro will have more power, IRS, and better looks. If the price is fair, I guess I'll have to side with Hillary and the Hez.
Old 8/15/06, 09:47 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,536 Likes on 1,871 Posts
Originally Posted by Treadhead
As long as they fix the window scratching problem I'll be happy! Maybe.
There was a Change in Late 06 on the window Felt They Seem more Tint friendly Ck an 07 and see what I mean They Seem softer.

kc
Old 8/15/06, 12:02 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
There was a Change in Late 06 on the window Felt They Seem more Tint friendly Ck an 07 and see what I mean They Seem softer.

kc
I've got an 07, and it was still a rubberized seal on the inside of the window that worried me. So I added the moleskin from the kit right before I got the tint (day before yesterday). We'll see how it works when I raise and lower the windows.

Whoops, I guess we should unhijack this thread...
Old 8/15/06, 03:41 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by AnotherMustangMan
The Camaro will have more power, IRS, and better looks. If the price is fair, I guess I'll have to side with Hillary and the Hez.
When the new camaro comes out (2009) there will be a new mustang (2010) right after it to wipe the floor with it just like years past. I don't hate camaros at all, but lets face it, they're just imitation mustangs.

P.S. When I showed my brother, who really likes camaros, the concept for the new one he said,"That looks like a mustang!"
Old 8/15/06, 10:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

I went to the same thing the other guy went to. The next mustang looks better and more aggressive than ours!!!! I would say they are going to increase the current engine and numbers to be closer if not match the camaro. The hood was really nice-almost like the steeda hood but not as far front as the steeda. Diffinitely something big under the hood-or at least looks like it. The car looks to be a little more lower than now, and the antenna is finally gone...from the front at least-moved to the rear qrtr. If you like the current mustang and the front of the shelby-wanted hips and more agressive lines you'll love the new mustang-cept the taillights are just strange looking. Have to say I hate the new look of the camaro, really would think about getting a challenger, but this new mustang makes me want to trade mine in for another! It was like everything people have complained about on this board has been listened to-but who knows about the IRS issue...
Old 8/16/06, 12:10 AM
Cam Tease

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
When the new camaro comes out (2009) there will be a new mustang (2010) right after it to wipe the floor with it just like years past.

Wipe the floors with it? Perhaps when one limits the comparison to sales numbers. (Which I do understand are the bottom line, but for the sake of discussion here, we are car enthusiasts concerned with a little bit more than money.) Never has a Mustang model significantly outperformed an equivalent Camaro.

I love Mustangs, but Camaros have always been dynamically superior.
Old 8/16/06, 01:41 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by AnotherMustangMan
Never has a Mustang model significantly outperformed an equivalent Camaro.
What factory built camaro could compete with a cobra R?

My point is the camaro came out after the mustang and died before it, theres probably a good reason for that
Old 8/16/06, 07:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
What factory built camaro could compete with a cobra R?

My point is the camaro came out after the mustang and died before it, theres probably a good reason for that
Never owned a camaro and probably wont ever own one, but Camaro never needed to put out a Cobra R edition to beat the competition. The Cobra Rs came out so that mustang owners could beat the f-bodies. Standard production to standard production Camaros were superior, but also carried superior price tags. But the recent camaros all looked like Poo.
Recent HP Stats
1994 Base V8 Camaro 275hp; Base Mustang V8 215
1998 Base V8 Camaro 305hp; Base Mustang V8 225;
2003 Base V8 Camaro 310hp; 2007 Base Mustang V8 300hp

Four years later the deceased Camaro still has more HP and weighs 50lbs less then the most recent Mustang.
That is more then likely why we see all the forums on here where mustang enthusiasts are yelling for ford to drop in a 305 (5.0) or a 351 (5.8). We are tired of being one upped. It is a good strategy for GM/Chrysler. They let ford clear the trail and test the waters, and then they one up them. If Chevy drops the 6.0 in the new camaro like early reports then they will continue to mop the floor with us.

So... Ford its time to PONY up.

Quick Reply: Bad News for Retro Body Lovers (Cont. of the New Body Thread)