2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Back in the saddle!!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/15, 01:02 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Finally after all these years I am extremely happy to be back in a mustang!! Some of you may know me from the previous years, but I purchased my first mustang in 2005 and sold it in 2012. My 05 GT brought me many many years of happiness, along with being on this forum and getting to know all the various mustang enthusiasts. To make a long story short I have been through a couple different cars after I sold my mustang, a Chrysler 300, a 350z, and a BMW 330i (kind of like breaking up with a really good looking girl and then tying to fill that void, the other cars just weren't the same!) Ever since I sold it I have had a bad itch to get another one. Well the 2015 Mustang GT got me really excited and I was planning on buying one in about 6-7 months or so but it doesn't look like that's happening anything soon because this car basically fell in my lap by a STRANGE occurrence of coincidences and I felt like it was meant to be!! So I am an extremely proud owner of a 2014 Mustang GT!!!!!!! The guy I bought it from was the original owner and said he used it as a commuter. The carfax was clean, no accidents and I called his insurance company to verify this. The stats are 2014 with 14k miles 6spd manual, it has the Koni shocks and struts- eibach sportline lowering springs-bmr panhard bar-Roush axleback exhaust-35 percent tint all the way around- Shelby GT500 svttp wheels-Goodyear fi tires-everything else is stock. He was asking a little more but I got him down to $23K. It feel like this car was worth saving the 10 grand more I would have spent on the 2015! OMG the sound the roush exhaust makes is really amazing, my 05 didn't even come close with a full exhaust! The clutch and shifting is almost effortless compared to my current Z! I was so happy when Ford went with the GT500 style front end on the 13-14, the rear looks amazing, and I just feel like the 2014 encompasses 9 years of refinement from my 05. I truly couldn't be happier!! I am already looking forward to doing my first oil change! Do you guys have any tips or pointers in general about the car for me? Also, its been awhile since I've posted a pic on here and I don't remember it being a process. Any easy ways to post pictures? I think I got one of them posted, let me know what you think!
Attached Thumbnails Back in the saddle!!!-stang.jpg  

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 1/1/15 at 08:34 PM.
Old 1/1/15, 01:03 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I also think I want to sell these wheels and get the same steeda ultralites I had on my 05 if anyone is interested.
Old 1/1/15, 01:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
The car looks awesome Adam. Welcome back to the Stang world. It's not sonic blue though.
Old 1/1/15, 01:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Hah congrats! I know you wanted a 15, but that's an amazing deal especially with the mods!
Old 1/1/15, 01:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
The car looks great ... congrats on the purchase!!

Let me know if I can help assist with pricing on the Ultra Lites ... you can email me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 1/1/15, 01:49 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Congrats! You will not be disappointed you went with S197 over the S550. I know I'm not Great deal for all the mods too!
Old 1/1/15, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
I also think I want to sell these wheels and get the same steeda ultralites I had on my 05 if anyone is interested.
Interested..email me with price, tires, size, condition, TPMS installed etc and shipping to 63146 Thanks
Old 1/1/15, 03:52 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by GrnT
The car looks awesome Adam. Welcome back to the Stang world. It's not sonic blue though.
Thank you! Only in a perfect world would there be a 14 sonic blue :-)

Originally Posted by laserred38
Hah congrats! I know you wanted a 15, but that's an amazing deal especially with the mods!
Thank you! Yea it would have been really hard to pass up!

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
The car looks great ... congrats on the purchase!! Let me know if I can help assist with pricing on the Ultra Lites ... you can email me at tim@steeda.com. Best Regards, TJ
Thank you! In will definitely be getting the steeda cai and tune along with the wheels in the near future!

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Congrats! You will not be disappointed you went with S197 over the S550. I know I'm not Great deal for all the mods too!
Thank you! I absolutely love the way the car sounds an drives! I can't stop grinning and smiling while im driving it!
Old 1/1/15, 03:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Do a Sonic Blue vinyl wrap with white stripes
Old 1/1/15, 04:01 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Anyone have suggestions on a cheaper tire with good tread life cause these suckers are almost due lol I'm not looking to race the car or anything, mainly just a crusing car :-) the rears are 20s and the fronts are 19s, I looked up some tires are they are not cheap! I used to love my 9.5s all the way around on my 05 because I could rotate them!
Old 1/1/15, 05:15 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone have suggestions on a cheaper tire with good tread life cause these suckers are almost due lol I'm not looking to race the car or anything, mainly just a crusing car :-) the rears are 20s and the fronts are 19s, I looked up some tires are they are not cheap! I used to love my 9.5s all the way around on my 05 because I could rotate them!
Congrats on the new ride I purchased a used 12,000 mile 2013 GT this past summer and love it. As for new rubber I recently got a real good price on some Toyo Proxes T1 Sports for $200.00 ea installed for 255/40/19 not sure if this is what I am going with yet but reports are this is a pretty good tire for the $. The Michelin Pilot Super Sport is the current benchmark for high performance tires the problem is they will cost you prob $400.00+ over the Toyo tires and only you can justifi if it's really worth the extra cost. The Bridgstone Potenza S-04 Pole Position is considered another real fine choice but in my size they are still $47.00 ea installed over the Toyos. After you get a good deal on line take it to a few local shops you may find that that on line deal is not so great after all.
Old 1/1/15, 05:20 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You may want to look into the Cooper Zeon RS3-A it's considered an all season high performance tire that really sticks in the dry better then most hp all seasons and it's rated for 40,000 mile tread life. Many Mustang owners have had real good luck with them.
Old 1/1/15, 05:42 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Thanks, I'm going to call my local American tire company tmrw and see what they have.
Old 1/2/15, 08:56 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Finally after all these years I am extremely happy to be back in a mustang!! Some of you may know me from the previous years, but I purchased my first mustang in 2005 and sold it in 2012. My 05 GT brought me many many years of happiness, along with being on this forum and getting to know all the various mustang enthusiasts. To make a long story short I have been through a couple different cars after I sold my mustang, a Chrysler 300, a 350z, and a BMW 330i (kind of like breaking up with a really good looking girl and then tying to fill that void, the other cars just weren't the same!) Ever since I sold it I have had a bad itch to get another one. Well the 2015 Mustang GT got me really excited and I was planning on buying one in about 6-7 months or so but it doesn't look like that's happening anything soon because this car basically fell in my lap by a STRANGE occurrence of coincidences and I felt like it was meant to be!! So I am an extremely proud owner of a 2014 Mustang GT!!!!!!! ...
Congrats and enjoy, SONICBOOST!! It's gorgeous!!

Deysha
Old 1/2/15, 10:58 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I may have got a bit lost here, but why are you buying new tires for wheels you wish to replace? I would have thought you would have bought a wheel and tire package to suit your car in which case you could now have your 'all the same size' option for future rotation?

BTW congrats on your new ride.
Old 1/3/15, 08:43 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Congrats and enjoy, SONICBOOST!! It's gorgeous!! Deysha
That's Deysha! I feel like I'm a little late to the game, but I guess better late than never!
Old 1/3/15, 08:45 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by Fawls
I may have got a bit lost here, but why are you buying new tires for wheels you wish to replace? I would have thought you would have bought a wheel and tire package to suit your car in which case you could now have your 'all the same size' option for future rotation? BTW congrats on your new ride.
I said I think I want to sell the wheels. I love the way they look, I just need to shop around for tires to compare prices. That will determine if I keep the wheels or not.
Old 1/4/15, 11:26 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I see Ford didn't figure out the whole rattle thing. I noticed a rattle in the left side of the dash while driving today :-( my 05 GT had the same rattle smh funny thing is my 2005 350z with almost 100k miles does not have a single rattle! C'mon
Old 1/4/15, 12:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I see Ford didn't figure out the whole rattle thing. I noticed a rattle in the left side of the dash while driving today :-( my 05 GT had the same rattle smh funny thing is my 2005 350z with almost 100k miles does not have a single rattle! C'mon
Both corners rattle on mine, since day 1, especially in the cold. There's a thread in here on it...pretty easy to disassemble and add some foam tape. I haven't done it yet because I'm going to get the Boss 302 dash panels eventually.
Old 1/4/15, 12:52 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Both corners rattle on mine, since day 1, especially in the cold. There's a thread in here on it...pretty easy to disassemble and add some foam tape. I haven't done it yet because I'm going to get the Boss 302 dash panels eventually.
Exactly, it was cold thing morning. Boss 302 dash panels hmmm I'll have to look Into those. Any benefits of the 302 panels?

Quick Reply: Back in the saddle!!!