Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone using LiveLink to datalog their ECM

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/09, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone using LiveLink to datalog their ECM

Now that I have a Brenspeed X3 tuner, I was wondering if anyone has used SCT's LiveLink software and an X3 tuner to datalog their car's ecm?

Do you need to use the analog port to get the data or can you get the data from the OBII port? Plus, how can one save the tunes in the X3 to a PC for backup?

Joe

P.S. I got the Brenspeed tuner last night and this morning I put the 93 octane tune it. Unfortunately is is raining here so I have not been really able to check out the power difference with the new tune but the car is much more responsive. Hoping the roads will dry out later so I can experiment more with the tune.
Old 10/3/09, 10:39 AM
GT Member

yeah i cant wait to hear you thoughts on the tune. I am thinking about going with brenspeed as well
Old 10/3/09, 12:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You use the OBD port for datalogging. I just did this last night actually. I had an issue with the software not recognizing my device, but that was quickly solved by connecting things in the correct order. This link will guide you through it. http://www.sctflash.com/support/inde...eid=32&nav=0,8

As far as saving the tunes, I don't think you can save them from the device to the computer, but you can save any that are e-mailed to you. Good luck!!
Old 10/3/09, 01:46 PM
Bullitt Member

WOW! I figured it out and it works great. I was able to monitor RPM, air temp, water temp and a million other things while the engine was running. I am using the FREE LiveLink software from SCT. This is so cool. If you have ever used Performance Logs in Windows XP, it is alot like that. I will attached a screen capture of the program running later. All the computer geeks out there with an SCT tuner should love this hardware/software!!!!

Joe
Old 10/3/09, 03:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, it is very cool. I saved a few datalogs last night on one of our patrol cars that has been having an issue with the cooling fan kicking on high speed, and not turning off until you shut the car off for a while. The Ford dealer in town couldn't figure it out after several trips there. I figured it out though with the SCT software. It's the transmission getting hot, because whenever the tranny temp gets to 211, the fan instantly kicks on high speed, but the temp does not go down. The police package crown vics have a transmission cooler on them, and it must be plugged up or something because with that fan running there is no way the cooler is functioning and yet not cooling the tranny down. I'm taking my laptop to the dealer Monday and showing the service manager the logs. I think they will speak for themselves and he will finally agree with me.
Old 10/4/09, 06:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow. I bet you know more about that then some of the guys working there. Not bad.

I took a screen shot today and I am posting it so others will have an idea of the power and coolness of the program:

Old 10/4/09, 07:16 PM
GT Member

what about the power increases? can you feel the difference after your tune?
Old 10/6/09, 08:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kona stang10
what about the power increases? can you feel the difference after your tune?
If you can't, you're either already tuned up, or you need to go find a new tune.