Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Is anyone leaving their car alone?

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/10, 02:04 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone leaving their car alone?

Just wondering if I'm the only one that has no intention of modifying their car. I know this forum is mostly about the mods, but it's almost perfect the way it came.
Old 7/24/10, 02:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

i will be modding it as soon as i have the $$$....and once i get the car lol
Old 7/24/10, 02:41 PM
Bullitt Member

This is a great question, because I wasn't going to touch it prior to getting it.

But 2 things:

- Exhaust is too quiet inside. I may try the sound tube mod first...

- I had the BrenSpeed tune on my 2007. I LOVE what it did to my stock car. If they're saying 25-30 hp gains, along with getting rid of the throttle delay, and the way it made the exhaust sound better; then it may be something to look into.
Old 7/24/10, 02:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2K3 Mach
This is a great question, because I wasn't going to touch it prior to getting it.

But 2 things:

- Exhaust is too quiet inside. I may try the sound tube mod first...

- I had the BrenSpeed tune on my 2007. I LOVE what it did to my stock car. If they're saying 25-30 hp gains, along with getting rid of the throttle delay, and the way it made the exhaust sound better; then it may be something to look into.

This 100% exhaust and tune!!
Old 7/24/10, 03:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not really planning on doing anything to mine. Performance-wise, it's already exactly what I want. I did, however, install a set of custom door sill plates and removed one of the rear head rests. I may also in time do some minor modifications to the storage compartment in the center console. I'd like to do something to make the USB plug less exposed and vulnerable, and come up with a better solution for coins as well.
Old 7/24/10, 03:10 PM
GT Member

The only thing I plan to do is window tint when mine gets here.
Old 7/24/10, 03:17 PM
Cobra R Member

I'm almost completely stock. I only plan to keep it a few years, trading up to the 2013/2014 redesign. You only get pennies on the dollar when modding.
Old 7/24/10, 03:32 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've only done 'protect my investment' mods that I don't consider mods. Ext Warr, Polymer Treatment, 3M Clear Mask, Tint, Weather Tech tub mats & LampGard HID lens protectors, Web sequentials (08), CoverKing Cover thru Costco, Marauder 18x4 'mini spare' and jack.

I've considered a tune and KR's but really the car is just great as is. The problem with a tune is I lose my adaptive spark ignition for when I have to run 87 cause cash flow ran out for the month. The problem with the KR's is I don't want to lose the unique Bullitt exhaust tone.

And I've considered qtr window louvres and I like ducktail spoilers. But I can't bring myself to change anything cause I love it as is so much. LOL
Old 7/24/10, 03:39 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm open for whatever doesn't void my warranty as far as exhaust goes (can anyone clarify what does void and doesn't)?

Besides that, just planning tint. Though my wife today said she just doesn't like the rear bumper. I told her we could find something to swap it with if I ever wanted to.
Old 7/24/10, 03:52 PM
GT Member

I am waiting for more products and manufacturer competition and to see how the tuning works out for other people. But definitely an offroad x or h pipe plus a catback is planned. Then a CAI and tune, but other than that I plan to leave it alone. I learned my lesson on heavily modifying a car after I put a 6point rollbar and Moser 9" in my old 2002 Z28.
Old 7/24/10, 04:57 PM
Bullitt Member

I got my car on the 15th. On the 16th the car was Tinted and on the 18th I hade MAC Axle Backs installed. On my list of things to do are springs to lower the car and the JLT Intake Pipe. After that I am not sure, but I make no promises
Old 7/24/10, 06:39 PM

No, you're not alone Gene...I have no intention of modifying the car whatsoever. You're right that a lot of people in these forums mod the cars, but not all of us...heck, I usually don't even read any of the threads about modifications. It just doesn't interest me.
Old 7/24/10, 06:46 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Skotty
I'm not really planning on doing anything to mine. Performance-wise, it's already exactly what I want. I did, however, install a set of custom door sill plates and removed one of the rear head rests. I may also in time do some minor modifications to the storage compartment in the center console. I'd like to do something to make the USB plug less exposed and vulnerable, and come up with a better solution for coins as well.
Are you the one that posted instructions somewhere on how to remove the rear headrest? It seems a little hard, so I left mine upright with my child seat installed below.

I've also read that there is a hidden second USB port inside the glove compartment. You can plug a flash drive in there, and just say USB 2 to access it through Sync. I just got a USB extender cable to reduce how far it sticks into the console area.
Old 7/24/10, 06:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I plan to mod mine but my mods will be very minor. Tint, 1" drop, GT500 or RTR rear extension and I'm about done.
Old 7/24/10, 07:01 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by gkgeiger
Just wondering if I'm the only one that has no intention of modifying their car. I know this forum is mostly about the mods, but it's almost perfect the way it came.
I've gone as far as considering Turbo charging after the warranty expires. Right now, I want to keep the warranty in tact for a while. I will only do a tune, but not a CAI. The tires can't handle much more HP than that anyway, and with traction control on (as I will always leave it), I probably won't even feel other mods! I will not even drive above 75, where I actually would have traction available. And I have no plans on adding Nitto/MT drag radials, or even summer tires for that matter.
Old 7/24/10, 07:05 PM
Bullitt Member

I was planning to leave mine 100% stock.

Except for tint.

Then I decided I wanted it a little lower because it just sits too high from the factory.

But to lower it 1.5" I needed an adjustable panhard bar, so that went in, too.

Now I've found that I should install lower control arm relocation brackets to get the geometry back to good.

...and if I'm installing relocation brackets I'd just as well upgrade to stronger control arms for when I finally start taking it to the strip.

Then Steeda had to go and taunt me with their short throw shifter.

...and tunes...

...and...

...and...

But at least I REALLY like the exhaust note. I HATE loud cars. I'm perfectly satisfied with the factory rumble of the exhaust, so that will absolutely remain.

...unless someone makes a good header and H-pipe combo that can work with the stock catback, improve power enough to justify the expense, and still not be excessively loud. Then I'll consider it.

This car was a bad idea.

I'm already trying to sell the axles I was about to build for my Explorer so I can fund more crap for this thing. The bonus, though, is that this is THE body I want with THE drivetrain I want, so I'm going for long term ownership, not just something to get me by until the 2014 redesign.
Old 7/24/10, 07:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by gkgeiger
Gene - YOUR car is about perfect as-is!! I don't blame you for not modding it!

As for me, I don't plan to do much, mostly because I am pretty much out of money for any mods now. I just got my son's tuition bill and will need to divert some funds into that for awhile. Thankfully these cars are pretty complete as-is!

My only mod thus far was a $3.99 set of metal tire valve caps, replacing the Fugly green "nitrogen" ones the dealer imposed on me at delivery.
Old 7/24/10, 07:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 555 Likes on 361 Posts
Already did the Duals on my 2010 V6, rear has the GT500 lower valance, will probably lower it a bit with the Vogtland .8/1.2 springs, Tint, rear louvers, Pedestal rear spoiler, CAI and tune and possibly a CS front bumper. Other than that I don't plan on doing much
Old 7/24/10, 08:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No performance mods for me. Getting rid of the 'sick' looking black grille pony for a 'proper' chrome one and put a magnetic vinyl blackout on the truck lid between the tail lights is about all I have planned. I don't count the underhood, glovebox & console lights.
Old 7/24/10, 10:26 PM
GT Member

I can not leave my cars alone. By the time I am done, I will be blown with fully forged internals, full coil-over suspension with watts link/k-member/supporting mods, and have tasteful exterior mods done. Granted, this will all take about 15 years to do, but it will be done. Rims/suspension first because an engine is expensive to fix so I want to keep the warranty for awhile. But I'm not worried about suspension warranty.

Quick Reply: Is anyone leaving their car alone?