Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone have access to UP shipping?

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/10, 10:37 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have access to UP shipping?

Hey everyone, my car is being shipped either BNSF or UP, it looks more like UP, does anyone have access to the UP shipping to check on my car?? Brian tried but either hasnt shipped or not on BNSF..thanks!!

Last edited by 2011 Fastback; 5/20/10 at 11:16 AM.
Old 5/20/10, 02:38 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Okay, now here's a conundrum for me now. I'm in the NW, I've been at the same dealership for 11 years. Ford has ALWAYS shipped our vehicles via BNSF railway. Our very first 2011 Mustang is finally on a train heading our way, but BNSF says that it has been delivered to Fairfax, KS to be loaded onto a Union Pacific (UP) train to get to us!!!

I'm now wondering if Ford has been scrambling to find alternative shippers to get Mustang deliveries caught up?
Old 5/20/10, 04:37 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Okay, now here's a conundrum for me now. I'm in the NW, I've been at the same dealership for 11 years. Ford has ALWAYS shipped our vehicles via BNSF railway. Our very first 2011 Mustang is finally on a train heading our way, but BNSF says that it has been delivered to Fairfax, KS to be loaded onto a Union Pacific (UP) train to get to us!!!

I'm now wondering if Ford has been scrambling to find alternative shippers to get Mustang deliveries caught up?
Is it just mustangs? My dealer said everything has been slow for the last 2 or 3 weeks?
Old 5/20/10, 05:37 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldwing
Is it just mustangs? My dealer said everything has been slow for the last 2 or 3 weeks?
We're getting other models (Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury) like clockwork. I have not checked whether any of those are being re-routed from BNSF to UP rails, though, but I will now.
Old 5/20/10, 06:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian

I made that assertion a couple of days ago. And if you check my most recent post in the "Delivered, Build VIN sequence thread" you'll see my theory updated as it relates to the physical movement of Mustangs near AAI but not shipped.

I am CONVINCED that Ford did not plan for the backlog of cars and the subsequent demand for shipping conduits. Not entirely their fault since the shipping companies (whether rail or truck) have probably spent the last couple of years laying people off due to a lack of demand. Suddenly there's this temporary demand and they're trying to figure out how to get this volume of cars delivered.