Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone have a 2013 with the security package?

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/12, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have a 2013 with the security package?

I'm considering getting a 2013 GT with the security package option. I want it mainly for the active anti theft. Does anyone know what is the difference between the active anti theft and what comes standard on the vehicle? Is it just basically motion sensors or is it more then that?
Old 6/4/12, 06:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jefffrot
I'm considering getting a 2013 GT with the security package option. I want it mainly for the active anti theft. Does anyone know what is the difference between the active anti theft and what comes standard on the vehicle? Is it just basically motion sensors or is it more then that?
The passive system I believe is more like an engine kill and it uses the coded key to activate and deactivate it. The active system monitors doors, hood, trunk, inside motion sensors and vehicle inclination if its towed.
Old 6/4/12, 06:20 PM
V6 Member

It also comes with the reverse sensor. That was the feature I wanted.
Old 6/5/12, 02:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparrow
It also comes with the reverse sensor. That was the feature I wanted.
Depends. If its hid security option u get hid headlights, lock lug nuts and alarm
Old 6/5/12, 03:57 AM
V6 Member

HID headlights are standard on the 13. But the wheel locks do come with the reverse sensor and active alarm as a package.
Old 6/5/12, 11:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparrow
HID headlights are standard on the 13. But the wheel locks do come with the reverse sensor and active alarm as a package.
+1. Sparrow is good, Sparrow is wise.
Old 6/5/12, 11:24 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by wanted33
+1. Sparrow is good, Sparrow is wise.
Old 6/5/12, 01:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Stick with the Passive system.
Then get aftermarket alarm with any features you want.
Way more worth it!!!

Best of all if you get Viper or Compustar, you will get 1 Mile range pager, with LCD readout on what is happening to your car.

On my 2007, I even have a motion sensor if someone looks in the window or gets within a certain radius.
Plus the added benefit of a Car starter (even for stick)

Factory alarms are usless, even with all the extra sensors, they only make noise, which eveyone ignores anyway.

As an added feature. I got police type strobe lights installed. When the alarm goes off, its lights up the place.

Just a suggestion....but
Old 6/5/12, 03:18 PM
V6 Member

Jellywood and Sparrow hit it right on the head.
Me personally I would want the factory active system with the back up sensors and wheel locks. It does exactly what Jellywood and Sparrow pointed out!!
I had a Stereo/Alarm company install a aftermarket alarm in my car back in 1996 and my car was never the same again. Never Again!!!

Good Luck in whatever you decide. Personally, after the the psycho thieves or crazed drug addict thieves have busted my window and or have my car on a lift already, what the heck am I going to do. Take a bullet, baseball bat to the head to protect my car. Keep it!!!! That's why I am paying such high Insurance premiums for.

As we say in Italian, Salsiccia, Salsiccia his own. Enjoy my friend!!!
Old 6/5/12, 03:43 PM
Bullitt Member

unfortunetly....the one downside to aftermarket.
You need to find a good installer. Or you may have issues.

But good install + afermarket alarm = better then factory

AND if you really want to make it hard for them to break in.
Secure laminate the side windows. (can't rememebr the company that supplies these)
Not bullet proof, but definetly baseball bat proof.
Old 6/5/12, 06:22 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My '12 has the alarm package on it and it is the same as the '13 package. I really like the backup sensors, they work great.

Alarm is cool too, if it's armed and you leave the window down and someone sticks their hand in it will go off and scare the poo-doo out of them.
Old 6/6/12, 12:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
The only part of the package that I could do without is the wheel locks. I had a tire go flat on my Wife's Ford, I put the key onto the lock, turned to loosen, and the key broke off on the inside. Two and a half hours later the dealership finally arrived with another key. Plus any thief worth his weight in lug nuts have a key. They can but them from the Ford accessory site. With the motion sensor in the system, if they jack up the car it will activate the system anyway. So, at the first change I will have them removed. But, that just me.
Old 6/6/12, 12:59 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only part of the package that I could do without is the wheel locks. I had a tire go flat on my Wife's Ford, I put the key onto the lock, turned to loosen, and the key broke off on the inside. Two and a half hours later the dealership finally arrived with another key. Plus any thief worth his weight in lug nuts have a key. They can but them from the Ford accessory site. With the motion sensor in the system, if they jack up the car it will activate the system anyway. So, at the first change I will have them removed. But, that just me.
I don't know which wheel locks were on your wifes car but the ones in the Mustang security package are made by McGard and there is no key available except by special order from McGard.
Old 6/6/12, 05:02 PM
V6 Member

First time I rotate my tires the locks will come off and go on the shelf.
Old 8/1/12, 10:49 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jayb79
First time I rotate my tires the locks will come off and go on the shelf.
Salsiccia! Salsiccia his own!!!! What the last guy said... I just feel a little less concerned with just a little more peace of mind about my tires disappearing when I'm asleep at night with my car parked outside. Oh Yeah, I don't own a home anymore (ex-wife got that) and so no garage either and can't find one or I would gladly pay the extra rent.
Those McGuard Locks stay on those wheels though!!
Oh, and by the time they find the wheel locks key, they could have stolen three cars by then.

Goodnight
Old 8/4/12, 07:42 AM
GT Member

Are the keys RFID? That is, only the keys that come with the vehicle, or are programmed at the dealer, able to start the car?
Old 8/4/12, 09:37 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JoesCat
Are the keys RFID? That is, only the keys that come with the vehicle, or are programmed at the dealer, able to start the car?
Yes, they are RFID chip keys. The car won't start without a programmed key. You don't necessarily have to get them at the dealer, though. If you have both factory keys, you can buy chipped key blanks, have them cut anywhere, and program additional keys yourself following a procedure in the owner's manual.
Old 8/21/12, 07:22 PM
V6 Member

Hello all, Not to make anybody start to worry about their Mustangs (I just got my 2013 GT/Premium), BUT I recently watched a one hour news story on car theives and how they duplicate and enter the code on the counterfeit keys in 5 minutes and still today steal any car they want. BIG Business! People (especially overseas where they might spend over three times for a luxury car just put their order in with the exact options they desire and your car is stolen and shipped over seas. They could get over $200,000 for a BMW over seas. They will buy your stolen car for $20 to $50 thousand. The thieves and organized crime will always take what ever they want. The thief makes $1 to $5 thousand on the car depending on the value and organized crime make the rest (minus taking care of the middle men of course, which would be the dock workers, counterfeiters for the documents, etc.) Millions of cars and everything else this world has to offer shipped every year and impossible to run checks on every import and export.
Well, just hope we are all lucky and they leave our cars alone.
**** Scary, isn't it! Sleep well tonight!!!
Old 8/21/12, 07:27 PM
V6 Member

Hey all, (2013 Mustang GT/Premium with security/back up warning package). What is that little plastic cover thing on the top of the middle dashboard right under the windshield? Is that part of the alarm system and is maybe supposed to blink when it's armed. Mine doesn't do anything. It's got to do something. Is a sensor.
Old 8/21/12, 10:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jefffrot

My 2013 has this. It's

The active system does what the regular system does (prevent the car from starting if you don't have an authorized key in range), plus has an interior motion sensor, tilt sensor (towing), door/trunk sensor, etc.

The package also comes with locking lugnuts and a reverse sensor (very nice)

Quick Reply: Anyone have a 2013 with the security package?