Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Another Camaro5 thread....LMFAO!!

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/10, 09:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zzcoop
Exactly the reason I have zero desire to ever visit that site. Or even debate the two cars in the first place. I have my preference, and that's all there is to it. Who cares what some other message board has to say? And what's the point of posting that stuff over here? If I wanted to visit Camaro5, I'd do so.

I know I don't have to read it here if I don't want to, but the fact that TMS members are bringing it over here at all is just as annoying as reading it on their own site, IMO.
Sorry to disturb you up there on your high horse, sir. Please forgive us lesser beings by being entertained by the butt hurt that the forum, that hardly anyone anywhere seems to like, has. Forgive us again by quoting certain posts so we can keep others in the loop as to what we're talking about. And forgive us once more for creating a thread so tempting you couldn't overlook it and had to comment in it.

Is there anything else we all can do to make these forums better for you and no one else? Maybe I can clean your house? Wash your car? Walk you dog? We can run all our posts by you for approval, if you'd like. Anything to make sure you can't possibly be annoyed by something you chose to read.

I get your point, the goal of this site isn't to rag on another forum's userbase... but what's the harm? We might hurt someone's delicate sensibilities when we point out their stupidity? We're all simply marveling at stupidity rather than sitting quietly and shaking our heads. I don't see how a group-laugh is bad.
Old 4/7/10, 09:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Okay, then.
Old 4/7/10, 10:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Lol C5 is crazy I been perma ban there....heh I was the lone voice for Mustang or some crap was the reason. I still go there time to time to get a good laugh. Those guys are so far into denial it has stop being funny.
Old 4/7/10, 11:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DO CAMARO BUYERS KNOW...

THEY'RE PAYING FOR THEIR CARS TWICE....

ONCE WHEN THEY BAILED GM OUT AND ONCE AGAIN IN THE SHOWROOM!

gm sucks... they cowarded into bankruptcy...today they announced a $4.3 billion loss for the fourth-quarter of 2009....
http://www.leftlanenews.com/gm-annou...ptcy-loss.html
they don't have to clean up their polluted sites...
http://www.envirovaluation.org/index...polluted-sites
they now can give
dealers a second chance (even though that was the deal they made through Government help)
http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...-reinstatement

F...GM...pay back the American Public...instead of giving free maintenance in the UK...
http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrole...ruze-aveo.html

I'LL NEVER BUY ANY GM PRODUCTS EVER...

Chrysler has their own problems... I'm not a fan of their offerings... okay maybe the CHALLENGER...just for looks
Old 4/7/10, 03:29 PM

I honestly do see your point, topnotch & agree with you, but I wouldn't think any less of you if you fell on hard times & had to file for bankrutcy. Hell, i'd try to help you out if I could cause I think most people deserve a second chance even if they ARE going to screw it up again. That's just my opinion. On the other hand, if they screw up again, I say lettem fall. Know what I mean?
Old 4/7/10, 10:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by gtrules46
I honestly do see your point, topnotch & agree with you, but I wouldn't think any less of you if you fell on hard times & had to file for bankrutcy. Hell, i'd try to help you out if I could cause I think most people deserve a second chance even if they ARE going to screw it up again. That's just my opinion. On the other hand, if they screw up again, I say lettem fall. Know what I mean?
There is a huge difference between falling on hard times and deserving a second chance vs. running a multi-billion dollar company into the ground and building sub-par products for 40 years.
Old 4/7/10, 10:42 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Kevindust
There is a huge difference between falling on hard times and deserving a second chance vs. running a multi-billion dollar company into the ground and building sub-par products for 40 years.
Agreed 100%

I used to be one that wouldn't drink the kool-aid, but after the bailout travesty, I for sure will never buy a GM product...unless it was a used Corvette or something.
Old 4/7/10, 11:08 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
One of my favorite posts from that thread....
Originally Posted by Rocky Top

Sums it up perfectly, however I don't think they got the symbolism.
Old 4/8/10, 04:24 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
One of my favorite posts from that thread....

Sums it up perfectly, however I don't think they got the symbolism.
I think it's more like this lmao

"I play for keeps!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuR1u0pjR3s
Old 4/23/10, 04:18 AM
GT Member

Latest on bailout/repayment: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...bailout-money/
A top Senate Republican on Thursday accused the Obama administration of misleading taxpayers about General Motors' loan repayment, saying the struggling auto giant was only able to repay its bailout money by dipping into a separate pot of bailout money.

Sen. Chuck Grassley's charge was backed up by the inspector general for the bailout -- also known as the Trouble Asset Relief Program, or TARP. Watchdog Neil Barofsky told Fox News, as well as the Senate Finance Committee, that General Motors used bailout money to pay back the federal government.

"It appears to be nothing more than an elaborate TARP money shuffle," Grassley, the ranking Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, said in a letter Thursday to Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner. But Grassley said in his letter that a Securities and Exchange Commission form filed by GM showed that $6.7 billion of the tens of billions the company received was sitting in an escrow account and available to be used for repayment. He called on Geithner to provide more information about why the company was allowed to use bailout money to repay bailout money, and how much of the remaining escrow money GM would be allowed to keep. "The bottom line seems to be that the TARP loans were 'repaid' with other TARP funds in a Treasury escrow account. The TARP loans were not repaid from money GM is earning selling cars, as GM and the administration have claimed in their speeches, press releases and television commercials," he wrote. Vice President Biden on Wednesday called the GM repayment a "huge accomplishment."

But Barofsky told Fox News that while it's "somewhat good news," there's a big catch.

"I think the one thing that a lot of people overlook with this is where they got the money to pay back the loan. And it isn't from earnings. ... It's actually from another pool of TARP money that they've already received," he said Wednesday. "I don't think we should exaggerate it too much. Remember that the source of this money is just other TARP money."

Barofsky told the Senate Finance Committee the same thing Tuesday, and said the main way for the federal government to earn money out of GM would be through "a liquidation of its ownership interest."

Grassley criticized this scenario in his letter.

"The taxpayers are still on the hook, and whether TARP funds are ultimately recovered depends entirely on the government's ability to sell GM stock in the future. Treasury has merely exchanged a legal right to repayment for an uncertain hope of sharing in the future growth of GM. A debt-for-equity swap is not a repayment," he wrote.

Last edited by PaulVincent; 4/23/10 at 04:21 AM.
Old 4/23/10, 04:38 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by PaulVincent
Latest on bailout/repayment: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...bailout-money/
A top Senate Republican on Thursday accused the Obama administration of misleading taxpayers about General Motors' loan repayment, saying the struggling auto giant was only able to repay its bailout money by dipping into a separate pot of bailout money.

Sen. Chuck Grassley's charge was backed up by the inspector general for the bailout -- also known as the Trouble Asset Relief Program, or TARP. Watchdog Neil Barofsky told Fox News, as well as the Senate Finance Committee, that General Motors used bailout money to pay back the federal government.

"It appears to be nothing more than an elaborate TARP money shuffle," Grassley, the ranking Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, said in a letter Thursday to Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner. But Grassley said in his letter that a Securities and Exchange Commission form filed by GM showed that $6.7 billion of the tens of billions the company received was sitting in an escrow account and available to be used for repayment. He called on Geithner to provide more information about why the company was allowed to use bailout money to repay bailout money, and how much of the remaining escrow money GM would be allowed to keep. "The bottom line seems to be that the TARP loans were 'repaid' with other TARP funds in a Treasury escrow account. The TARP loans were not repaid from money GM is earning selling cars, as GM and the administration have claimed in their speeches, press releases and television commercials," he wrote. Vice President Biden on Wednesday called the GM repayment a "huge accomplishment."

But Barofsky told Fox News that while it's "somewhat good news," there's a big catch.

"I think the one thing that a lot of people overlook with this is where they got the money to pay back the loan. And it isn't from earnings. ... It's actually from another pool of TARP money that they've already received," he said Wednesday. "I don't think we should exaggerate it too much. Remember that the source of this money is just other TARP money."

Barofsky told the Senate Finance Committee the same thing Tuesday, and said the main way for the federal government to earn money out of GM would be through "a liquidation of its ownership interest."

Grassley criticized this scenario in his letter.

"The taxpayers are still on the hook, and whether TARP funds are ultimately recovered depends entirely on the government's ability to sell GM stock in the future. Treasury has merely exchanged a legal right to repayment for an uncertain hope of sharing in the future growth of GM. A debt-for-equity swap is not a repayment," he wrote.
what the f???
Old 4/23/10, 06:00 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
what the f???
Despite what GM has claimed, it is only repaying TARP loans with other government bailout money.
Old 4/23/10, 06:11 AM
Cobra R Member

good job GM
Old 4/23/10, 07:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PaulVincent
Despite what GM has claimed, it is only repaying TARP loans with other government bailout money.

Yes, and they owe the american tacpayer some 50 billion. they have not done **** imo. Tell that over at GMI news and they will bit your head off but its the truth. This is a big stunt that failed for those in the know. NIce Whichacre, where is your profits?
Old 4/23/10, 07:47 AM
GT Member

Re: GM

Originally Posted by chevys
Yes, and they owe the american tacpayer some 50 billion. they have not done **** imo. Tell that over at GMI news and they will bite your head off but its the truth. This is a big stunt that failed for those in the know. NIce Whichacre, where is your profits?
General Motors = Failure

and hopefully Corporate Darwinism takes them out, sooner rather than later

remember; friends dont let friends drive GM

Last edited by shooterm1; 4/23/10 at 07:48 AM. Reason: typo
Old 4/23/10, 08:06 AM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

sad but true... ah well
Old 4/23/10, 12:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by chevys
Yes, and they owe the american tacpayer some 50 billion. they have not done **** imo. Tell that over at GMI news and they will bit your head off but its the truth. This is a big stunt that failed for those in the know. NIce Whichacre, where is your profits?
You need to do a little more research. Most of the other 50+ billion has been turned into equity, which when GM IPOs later this year, the public will have the opportunity to buy it back (and hopefully if GM succeeds, they/we can make a profit).
Old 4/23/10, 01:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
hopefully if GM succeeds, they/we can make a profit.
I hope for neither, the world would be better off with out this corporation.

to me, GM = the devil himself and failure is the just deserts.

but I digress ....
Old 4/23/10, 01:11 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
You need to do a little more research. Most of the other 50+ billion has been turned into equity, which when GM IPOs later this year, the public will have the opportunity to buy it back (and hopefully if GM succeeds, they/we can make a profit).
LOL Regardless of it being 'turned into equity', those shares are owned by the government/taxpayer. And don't you forget about the previous shareholders that were WIPED out by the banko.

Do you have any idea how fantastic the profits would have to be to interest investment bankers, the investing public, AND raise 50 bill to pay off the taxpayer??

Either way you look at it, its government/taxpayer funds that are keeping Gm alive - not profits.
Old 4/23/10, 01:14 PM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

anyone think they'll be selling 2SS Camaros for 06 GTO prices after the demand drops?

Quick Reply: Another Camaro5 thread....LMFAO!!