2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Another Camaro5 thread....LMFAO!!

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/10, 07:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you guys also notice that their website has gone down a lot lately for updates? Must be trying to clean up all those 'stang threads and merge 'em.
Old 4/6/10, 07:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Did you guys also notice that their website has gone down a lot lately for updates? Must be trying to clean up all those 'stang threads and merge 'em.
or just updating for more '2011 Camaro "speculation" ' lol
Old 4/6/10, 08:24 PM
Cobra Member

I knew there would be a lot of gnashing of teeth from those idiots, but even I didn't think it'd be this bad...
Old 4/6/10, 08:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
I knew there would be a lot of gnashing of teeth from those idiots, but even I didn't think it'd be this bad...
yeah really. they treat that camaro like its God. i see a thread of them comparing to the GTR...that'd be a pointless cmoparison like the GT500KR vs the Z06...2 cars built for 2 completely different purposes.
Old 4/6/10, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Red Jay
yeah really. they treat that camaro like its God. i see a thread of them comparing to the GTR...that'd be a pointless cmoparison like the GT500KR vs the Z06...2 cars built for 2 completely different purposes.

A brilliant mind over there posted this:

I've just watched both reviews from Motor Trend, one from when they first reviewed the 2010 SS vs the Challenger and 2010 Mustang GT, and the other from now with the 2010 SS and Challenger SRT8 vs 2011 Mustang GT...and what I've came to find is that, Motor Trend is totally bias and full of s***. They're comparison data for each car is way off, and they totally put they're foot in they're own mouths when you review they're before and after comments.

Let's review some of them......

Braking

In they're current review of the 2010 Camaro SS vs the 2011 Mustang GT, they score the Camaro SS breaking during this review as

Braking: 60-0 (108ft) Mustang- 60-0 (104ft)

Yet when Motor Trend first did they're comparison of the 2010 SS it's braking from 60-0 was then scored at 60-0(105ft). So what I'd like to know is how in the hell does the Camaro SS' braking score go from 105ft with brembos equipped THEN to "108ft" with brembos equipped NOW? I mean, are they're testers holding back on the brakes to achieve a higher number for the Mustang's sake? When considering the SS' true braking distance was 105ft to the 2011 Mustang's 104ft, that's not a significant difference; with the same brakes equipped, that puts the Camaro SS' braking and the new 2011 Mustang's braking at "nearly" even numbers with the Mustang stopping only 1 foot shorter than the Camaro which is heavier. Wow.

Interior

"The interior is quite nice on this Camaro too, the materials a little higher grade than the Mustangs(2010); very well executed. Maybe not quite as overtly stylish as the Ford but you gotta admire the way GM has put this car together. All in all a very impressive interior. "-Motor Trend (FIRST REVIEW of the Big 3)

"The styling, while it's really popular, alot of people are snapping cell phone pictures, ....since it's in transformers yellow and everything, but it exacts quite a huge price on the interior, the windows are very small, and visibility out...in all directions is POOR, the pillars are very wide. I mean, theres other things like, the steering wheel rim is very THICK, and the shifter **** is OVER SIZED. All those kind of features, make me feel small. And I don't want my "muscle car" to make me feel small. All these things combined make most editors believe, they rather not own this car. And that's what put it in 3rd place...."-Motor Trend (2011 Mustang vs Camaro Vs Challenger Review)

Oh so basically, back then the Camaro SS was an amazingly impressive car, but now, "people are only snapping pictures because it's in transformers yellow". WOW,.....wtf. Motor Trend should totally remove this guy from reviewing anything. I mean,the 2010 Camaro has been out for quite a while now, and STILL I have people snapping pictures and going nuts at gas stations even though my car is in Silver Ice Metallic. I totally feel like Motor Trend is bias and purposely bashing the Camaro only to make the 2011 Mustang look better than it really is in an attempt to ignite a war between enthusiast, when it really shouldn't be any of that. Cars are only great in light of what they can do for it's consumer. Motor Trend totally "flip flops" the Camaro when during they're first review they couldn't get enough of it.

But the 2011 Mustang's interior is exactly the same as the 2010 Mustang, and what do you know, so is it's exterior styling. Oh wait,....a glass roof?! That's different! What else!? The 2011 Mustang has the exact same styling as the 2010, nothing has changed about the car except that Ford has added a "5.0" badge and gave it a new engine which equals otherwise better performance; oh my goodness that's so dramatically different from the other Mustangs you've produced that still travel the road like robots. Looks wise, it's still in the dumps. The 2010 Camaro has won World Best Car Design Of The Year Award, yet the Mustang didn't even make it into the finals. I'm wondering, has any Mustang ever won that type of award? But Motor Trend is going to score the Camaro 3rd in comparison to the other 2 cars? No one wonder they're subscription is only 10 dollars. It's probably so cheap because they're opinions are at times....worthless. No matter how "visually retro" the challenger may looks, it pales in comparison to the 2010 Camaro looks wise, the 2010 Camaro deserves at least second place. Better yet, I would have still given it first considering the performance of the new Mustang and Camaro is so close.

1/4 Mile
In the new 2011 Mustang Comparison, Motor Trend scores the Mustang in the 1/4 mile as:

12.7 @111.3MPH

YET......

They scored the Camaro SS at 13.1@ 110.8MPH

But during they're first review the Camaro SS scored 13.0 flat at 111.0MPH
So let me get this straight, the 2011 Mustang can pull a 12.7@111.3mph but the Camaro can run 3 tenths slower at the same speed (111.0) and have a significantly lower quarter mile time with 13.0? Someone please explain that to me. I think in reality, the 2011 Mustang GT and 2010 SS are almost dead even performance wise, it's soo a drivers race. I refuse to believe the Mustang GT scored that high in the quarter mile over the SS while trapping the same speed as the SS in they're first review. Other sites scored the 3 cars in what would seem to be unbiased, but Motor Trend went way overboard with they're times, test, and some of the statements they made towards each car, especially the Camaro. I suggest everyone stay far way from Motor Trends reviews, the best car is heavily based on "what's in" the now. So that means, even if your car has nearly the same performance as a newer model car of a different make, they're going to give the win to the newer car, ......simply because "it's new".

All because MotorTrend dared..DARED to actually put the Mustang above the Camaro this year.

HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!
Old 4/6/10, 09:03 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
I can't remember when I read it (it was a while ago), but there was one great comment from a poster who said:
EDIT: I found the source of the quote, it came from this hysterical review of the Camaro that Dan Neil did for the LA Times. It was from last spring, but it's worth repeating...

Despite some published reports, the 2010 Camaro SS is not really what you'd call a sports car, unless you tend to shave with a chain saw or sign your name with a piece of burning timber or make scrambled eggs by dropping a piano on a chicken. The consonant quality of this car, from the moment you turn the key to the moment you gratefully leave it in the chiropractor's parking lot, is a wanton and cheerful disregard for finesse and delicacy.
You have to understand, after four decades in the market, the Camaro nameplate stands for something: 40-ounce beers, mullet hairdos, barbed-wire tattoos, that trick where you put cigarettes out on your tongue. If you ever stole cable TV from your neighbor, own more than two stuffed deer heads or have ever confused your girlfriend's birth-control pills for Skittles, you might be a Camaro prospect.

Oh, please, don't even start with accusations of cultural stereotyping. I'm from North Carolina. A telephone pole with a Camaro wrapped around it might as well be the state tree.
Awesome stuff!
Old 4/6/10, 09:09 PM
Cobra Member

LMAO at the last 2 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 4/6/10, 09:11 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PTRocks
EDIT: I found the source of the quote, it came from this hysterical review of the Camaro that Dan Neil did for the LA Times. It was from last spring, but it's worth repeating...

Awesome stuff!
Good recovery. You are relentless!

I remember that article...
Old 4/6/10, 09:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 541MoparMan

All because MotorTrend dared..DARED to actually put the Mustang above the Camaro this year.

HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!
They....are still aware that the Camaro is losing in those numbers, yes? And since when is it impossible for results to change on a run?

"Be it an inch or a mile, a loss is a loss." -paraphrased from the Fast and the Fur-- BLAST YOU C5, you're having me quote FAST AND FURIOUS!!!

I need to go wash now.

No one wonder they're subscription is only 10 dollars. It's probably so cheap because they're opinions are at times....worthless. No matter how "visually retro" the challenger may looks, it pales in comparison to the 2010 Camaro looks wise, the 2010 Camaro deserves at least second place. Better yet, I would have still given it first considering the performance of the new Mustang and Camaro is so close.
Translation: Their opinons are worthless when backed by facts that don't support the Camaro.

Last edited by Rjaniz; 4/6/10 at 09:40 PM.
Old 4/6/10, 09:39 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 541MoparMan

HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!
I tried to read your quote, but the idiot expects all Camaro SS's to stop at 105 ft. no matter what other variables change. I suppose his SS stops at 105 ft. everytime. Even on Tuesdays.

So I stopped there. Life is short.
Old 4/6/10, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
... 105 ft. everytime. Even on Tuesdays.

So I stopped there. Life is short.
Don't you mean you stopped they're? Hate to be that grammar guy, but that C5 poster certainly furthers the stereotype.

Motor Trend is totally bias and...

Really? They're (<---that's how you use it, son) totally bias? Can't make this stuff up!
Old 4/6/10, 10:09 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by SolidAxle
Don't you mean you stopped they're? Hate to be that grammar guy, but that C5 poster certainly furthers the stereotype.

Motor Trend is totally bias and...

Really? They're (<---that's how you use it, son) totally bias? Can't make this stuff up!
I saw that too, but I let it go because he was probably crying when he wrote it.
Old 4/6/10, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rjaniz
They....are still aware that the Camaro is losing in those numbers, yes?

"
No.

Life is easier when you deny reality.
Old 4/6/10, 10:36 PM
V6 Member

Yeah, because my car never ever ever has an off day. It runs the exact same times on every quality surface known to man. I drive in on wet glass and get the same quarter mile times I do when I drive it on a real strip. They must be biased. If the 'stang fans wanted to complain they could say that during motor trend's last review they put up a 4.3 0-60 time, so they must have sandbagged the test to help the camaro not look like such a fat turd with it's 4.6 0-60.

Grow a brain! Driving the car in the exact same conditions is as true a test as you are gonna get, you just lost. Enjoy your car (if you can stand the horribly obstructed view) because it still isn't slow or bad. You just wasted money on an slightly inferior product that has "style." In your opinion...
Old 4/6/10, 10:40 PM
FR500 Member

Didn't think it was that bad... except for "WTfuhh" aka "mr. stalker" creepy. however, that opinion can be revised if any of the posters not defending the Camaro 1000% in that thread get perma-banned.
Old 4/6/10, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by SpOnkey21
Yeah, because my car never ever ever has an off day. It runs the exact same times on every quality surface known to man. I drive in on wet glass and get the same quarter mile times I do when I drive it on a real strip. They must be biased. If the 'stang fans wanted to complain they could say that during motor trend's last review they put up a 4.3 0-60 time, so they must have sandbagged the test to help the camaro not look like such a fat turd with it's 4.6 0-60.

Grow a brain! Driving the car in the exact same conditions is as true a test as you are gonna get, you just lost. Enjoy your car (if you can stand the horribly obstructed view) because it still isn't slow or bad. You just wasted money on an slightly inferior product that has "style." In your opinion...

Yeah..didnt you know? The Camaro is perfect, a miracle of automotive design and is without possibility of driver error, it's that good.

People thought the anger from the Challenger and Mustang camps when the Camaro came out was bad..it pales in comparison to the raging butt hurt coming from the Camaro folks. More inflamed rectums have come forth just since the test embargo was lifted than in a year of Mustang and Challenger rivalry w/ the Camaro.

It's really very disappointing to see. Almost ALL of the Challenger owners I've spoken to have spoken very favorably of the Mustang.
Old 4/7/10, 06:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

I was checking the threads at C5. I guess going from 3.45s to 3.73s is worth .4 seconds on an SS. Anyone with a clue knows that's maybe a tenth in the quarter. I can see the SS using 3.92s for a couple of tenths but another guy pointed out an extra shift could eat that up.

One interesting comment from a Mustang guy, the 5.0 trap speed might be low with 3.73s. He's saying 111 mph is at redline (6800) and the rev limiter might be pulling timing. If true, maybe 3.55s are faster gears on a stock car?
Old 4/7/10, 07:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
From a Camaro poster:

will it would make sense cuz the new camaro body style has only just come out. give it a couple more years and im sure it will be just like all the mustangs u c. the new body style mustang has been out since 2005...
That site makes me tired. Did anybody call this poster on the body style? Differences may be subtle, but the differences are enough to distinguish the '10 from previous years. Even to a newbie.
Old 4/7/10, 09:02 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by wannabe
From a Camaro poster:

That site makes me tired. Did anybody call this poster on the body style? Differences may be subtle, but the differences are enough to distinguish the '10 from previous years. Even to a newbie.
I almost joined camaro5 just so i could tell them about the changes done to the Mustang for 2010.
Old 4/7/10, 09:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Life is short.
Exactly the reason I have zero desire to ever visit that site. Or even debate the two cars in the first place. I have my preference, and that's all there is to it. Who cares what some other message board has to say? And what's the point of posting that stuff over here? If I wanted to visit Camaro5, I'd do so.

I know I don't have to read it here if I don't want to, but the fact that TMS members are bringing it over here at all is just as annoying as reading it on their own site, IMO.

Last edited by zzcoop; 4/7/10 at 09:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Another Camaro5 thread....LMFAO!!