2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Annoying But Minor Engine Quirk

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/14, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annoying But Minor Engine Quirk

I have a 2013 GT Premium with a strange problem that Ford or outside mechanics cannot figure out. When engine is shut off for about five minutes and then restarted, if you punch the gas pedal there is very little or no engine response. Although if you gently feed it it gas by slowly pushing the gas pedal down it responds normally. After 30 seconds there is no problem at all. Any thoughts such as a fuel or air sensor.
Old 6/15/14, 07:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bob Stang Lover
I have a 2013 GT Premium with a strange problem that Ford or outside mechanics cannot figure out. When engine is shut off for about five minutes and then restarted, if you punch the gas pedal there is very little or no engine response. Although if you gently feed it it gas by slowly pushing the gas pedal down it responds normally. After 30 seconds there is no problem at all. Any thoughts such as a fuel or air sensor.
Mine does that also. A quick throttle blip as I'm releasing the clutch pedal after a shutdown and subsequent quick start makes the same thing happen. It'll do it for 2-3 throttle blips really quickly and then it's back to normal. Now if I slowly press on the pedal it accelerates the engine as normal. I can't figure it out either. Hasn't caused an issue yet.
Old 6/17/14, 06:29 AM

Reply to FlyNavy

Thanks for your input. Wonder how many other Stang owners of the GT have the same quirk?
Old 6/17/14, 10:08 AM

throttle blip

Thanks for your input. Wonder how many other Stang owners of the GT have the same quirk?
I have a 13 gt and do not have this problem.
Old 6/18/14, 09:48 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hello Bob Stang Lover,

Welcome to the forum. My name is Deysha with Ford Service. If you feel this is not normal, I’m happy to get this escalated for you and help get it resolved. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Originally Posted by flynavy
Mine does that also. A quick throttle blip as I'm releasing the clutch pedal after a shutdown and subsequent quick start makes the same thing happen. It'll do it for 2-3 throttle blips really quickly and then it's back to normal. Now if I slowly press on the pedal it accelerates the engine as normal. I can't figure it out either. Hasn't caused an issue yet.
Have you brought this to your dealer’s attention, flynavy? If not, I recommend you do so and let me know the outcome.

Deysha