2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Am I the only one?...

Search this Thread

Old 9/13/12, 11:36 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I'd definitely shop around when it comes time to pull the trigger. Like I said I'm pretty set on the car, just waiting for the right time to buy it that fits in with my life. I'm really busy with school and work and would probably have an anxiety attack leaving my new 5.0 in a college's parking garage.

And as far as used, I'm looking for under ten thousand miles. Just have someone else take that initial depreciation hit. I'll see how I am when I'm buying though. I save a decent bit of money every paycheck and should be able to make a massive down payment. Might make brand new a more appealing option.
Old 9/14/12, 06:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yea I don't care about speed. I love the look of the S197 bodies and I loved how comfortable and luxurious this car felt when it was fully loaded. I'm getting basically the same car but it costs me $10,000 less and gets way better gas mileage.
Old 9/14/12, 06:50 AM
Banned

I'd say it's worth a premium to have the large wheels and sticky tires, the big off the shelf Shelby brakes, and the 5.0 to each his own I guess. I still think its cray that someone can buy one if these for way under 30k and my sticker was 45k.
Old 9/14/12, 07:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rando
I'm getting basically the same car but it costs me $10,000 less and gets way better gas mileage.
This guy has jokes!
Old 9/14/12, 07:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know about you guys but my scion tc is way better,...it's fwd for crying out loud! And everyone knows a 4 cylinder 2.4 L is way better than a v6/v8. Duh! Lol
Old 9/14/12, 10:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
I'd say it's worth a premium to have the large wheels and sticky tires, the big off the shelf Shelby brakes, and the 5.0 to each his own I guess. I still think its cray that someone can buy one if these for way under 30k and my sticker was 45k.
Yeah and I got the performance package which includes the 255s pirelli p zeros which are around 1400 on their own and the package itself was 1700 ! so pretty much paid 300 for 19 inch wheels and all the other suspension upgrades and the 3:31 gears
Old 9/14/12, 10:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

You'll be happy until you need new tires haha
Old 9/14/12, 10:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rando
You'll be happy until you need new tires haha
They're rated for 20k miles but people are getting 25k out of them. I drive 4k miles a year, I don't think I'll need new tires for a veeery long time haha
Old 9/14/12, 12:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Had a 2006 V6 for a year. Liked it but to me it just wasn't right not having a V8 sound in a mustang. Got a 09 GT four years ago and love every second of it. For me, I could never go back to having a V6 in a Mustang, I'd save up and rock a beater car until I could afford the GT or look at other cars.
I've got my 2015 Mustang GT fund going right now ....or a 335 if i need 4 doors at that point haha
Old 9/14/12, 02:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MadMoose
Had a 2006 V6 for a year. Liked it but to me it just wasn't right not having a V8 sound in a mustang. Got a 09 GT four years ago and love every second of it. For me, I could never go back to having a V6 in a Mustang, I'd save up and rock a beater car until I could afford the GT or look at other cars.
I've got my 2015 Mustang GT fund going right now ....or a 335 if i need 4 doors at that point haha
You 06 v6 had(has) 210 hp, it's completely different from 305 hp so they're two completely different cars really in and out, but yea of course to each his own. I know I won't get tired since I'm not after the"v8 note" nor the power. There's plenty under the hood already for me.
Old 9/14/12, 02:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mopar?
...that got a v6 mustang and is completely content with it? I hear stories of people getting the v6 because they can't afford the v8, but why get a car you don't like 100%? Plus all the v8 owners saying how their cars are so much faster, thing is I don't care about that one bit...I love the LOOK of the mustang inside and out and that's why I got the v6, and 305 hp is still a lot for a DD. Not everyone wants a base GT over a v6 premium, if my priorities were speed and not luxury then of course I would of gotten a gt, but my priorities are MPG, looks, and comfort without it being a boring 120hp DD

Does anyone else feel this way?
Very happy for you & I mean it
Old 9/14/12, 03:02 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
you guys are getting it wrong... its not just the sound of a v8 but the instant crazy torq that feels the best. That torq every time you just tap the peddle. The V6 doesnt have it and wont unless you get a supercharger or something. But that instant torq sells the car it self.
Old 9/14/12, 03:05 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by mopar?
You 06 v6 had(has) 210 hp, it's completely different from 305 hp so they're two completely different cars really in and out, but yea of course to each his own. I know I won't get tired since I'm not after the"v8 note" nor the power. There's plenty under the hood already for me.
so why do think 210 vs 305 is a big deal but turn and say 305 vs 420 isnt a big deal???
Old 9/14/12, 03:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Flagstang
so why do think 210 vs 305 is a big deal but turn and say 305 vs 420 isnt a big deal???
when did I say it's not a big deal?
It's a huge deal, but I don't care about the crazy torque, if that sells you then good for you. The track apps, leather seats, good mpg, sync and the good sleek look sold me.
Old 9/14/12, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's wrong with cheaper insurance and better gas mileage?
Old 9/14/12, 03:26 PM
Bullitt Member

I never considered the v8 as I am a commuter. I drive at least 80 miles a day and when I found out a v6 Mustang gets the same milage as my 2001 Camry, I was sold.

The thing is, I went to test drive the car at the local dealership in my town and was surprised that they only had ONE car. I was overwhelmed when I first test drove the car. There was so much to take in all at once. I didn't know the car I was going to drive was a 5.0 manual. I think if I knew what I was going to drive the experience would have been different.

I grew up driving stick shifts, but hadn't driven one in 11 years. The driving experience was terrific, but short. I drove an hour to test drive a 2012 v6, and once again was rushed as I had to go somewhere with my wife. Still I had two test drives a week apart and thought the v6 had plenty of power. I didn't drive them the same day, but honestly didn't think there was much of a difference. Maybe I was more focused on the $10k price difference.

Of course once I told my friends I was buying the v6 I got teased. Also, picking the automatic, or girl-o-matic as they called it didn't help. But the fact that I am getting my dream car to commute with is just incredible to me.

I added $4k in comfort and style options, so it's the most expensive car I ever purchased. There is a thread on here asking the age you bought your first Mustang and I was surprised that so many people get one at a young age. How do they afford them?
Old 9/14/12, 03:32 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

My V8 premium 3.73 was a very nice daily driver. I got the same mpg as many v6 people are posting. I put 12,300 miles on the car in 10 months.
Old 9/14/12, 03:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chessmanmark
I never considered the v8 as I am a commuter. I drive at least 80 miles a day and when I found out a v6 Mustang gets the same milage as my 2001 Camry, I was sold.

The thing is, I went to test drive the car at the local dealership in my town and was surprised that they only had ONE car. I was overwhelmed when I first test drove the car. There was so much to take in all at once. I didn't know the car I was going to drive was a 5.0 manual. I think if I knew what I was going to drive the experience would have been different.

I grew up driving stick shifts, but hadn't driven one in 11 years. The driving experience was terrific, but short. I drove an hour to test drive a 2012 v6, and once again was rushed as I had to go somewhere with my wife. Still I had two test drives a week apart and thought the v6 had plenty of power. I didn't drive them the same day, but honestly didn't think there was much of a difference. Maybe I was more focused on the $10k price difference.

Of course once I told my friends I was buying the v6 I got teased. Also, picking the automatic, or girl-o-matic as they called it didn't help. But the fact that I am getting my dream car to commute with is just incredible to me.

I added $4k in comfort and style options, so it's the most expensive car I ever purchased. There is a thread on here asking the age you bought your first Mustang and I was surprised that so many people get one at a young age. How do they afford them?
Yeah that's one thing I would not get is the automatic mustang, especially a 5.0 like what are you doing with your life for real.

Hey glad you got the car of your dreams though! Mine isn't a mustang, but I will be able to afford it down the road and it will sure as heck be a weekend-only car!

I just turned 20 and I can afford it no problem, no help from anyone either, it's called saving and knowing how to budget everything and managing your every penny! Of course there are always the kids with mommys and daddys that buy em their cars but they won't value the car nearly as much as one who paid it off themselves.
Old 9/14/12, 03:51 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
I'm glad you guys are happy but I'll take a V8.
Was wondering how long before this starts... Here we go again
Old 9/14/12, 03:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Barry626
Very happy for you & I mean it
+11111

Name:  CAVNd.gif
Views: 5
Size:  503 Bytes

Quick Reply: Am I the only one?...