2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Am I the only one?...

Search this Thread

Old 9/13/12, 05:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd reply to all of you but I'm too lazy haha but I'm very glad I'm not the only one out there that feels this way @her_stang haha they are probably checking you out and the car as a combo since you have such good taste in cars and dont drive a bug haha

Yeah greencars, sounds good that no one is out to get you! I agree, it does give you the most bang for your buck, the 305 hp is just icing on the cake IMO
Old 9/13/12, 05:30 PM
V6 Member

Im perfectly happy with my V6. I dont go very fast in my cars out of fear of crashing them.
The only reason id want a GT would be for the exhaust note
Old 9/13/12, 05:38 PM
GT Member

And surprisingly "it's not a car, it's an experience" is not trademarked! You hear that ford get on it!!!
Old 9/13/12, 05:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I'm glad you guys are happy but I'll take a V8.
Attached Images  
Old 9/13/12, 06:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
I'm glad you guys are happy but I'll take a V8.
Old 9/13/12, 06:41 PM
Banned

I love my v6! It's my first car, later on hoping I move on to a V8 tho..
Old 9/13/12, 08:18 PM

I see no problem with having a V8 Mustang if you are just looking for a cool looking daily driver or economical cruiser. I personally want the V8 for the exhaust note, as I just love the sound. The increase in performance isn't exactly unwelcome but I won't be making a ton of modifications either. I plan on adding a set of GT500 mufflers and leaving it at that.
Old 9/13/12, 08:25 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Get them both. Sell a kidney if necessary.
Old 9/13/12, 09:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Auto426
I see no problem with having a V8 Mustang if you are just looking for a cool looking daily driver or economical cruiser. I personally want the V8 for the exhaust note, as I just love the sound. The increase in performance isn't exactly unwelcome but I won't be making a ton of modifications either. I plan on adding a set of GT500 mufflers and leaving it at that.
That's all that I like about the v8 is the roar, but if I want roar I can build a weekend track/ toy car with a v8
Old 9/13/12, 09:35 PM

That's all that I like about the v8 is the roar, but if I want roar I can build a weekend track/ toy car with a v8
Oh I like more than just the sound. I'm a firm believer in torque as well, which is another thing the V8 has over the V6. And while I would love to build something like a Factory Five Cobra for a fun car, funds don't permit. With the 5.0 automatic Mustang, I can get get both a comfy daily driver and enough power and performance to put a smile on my face whenever it's desired.
Old 9/13/12, 09:48 PM
Banned

I will never ever ever ever ever again not buy the best I can with my money, or i will regret it.

Hated that my Beetle was a non turbo (though it was a manual convertible)

Hated that I settled on Impulse Blue for my GTO instead of just waiting for Orange.

My Mustang has every single option I wanted, and I wouldn't even dare consider the v6.
Old 9/13/12, 09:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by mopar?

You know you really wanted a..........
Attached Images  
Old 9/13/12, 10:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The roar? lol...not with the Coyote. You ever watch Pass Time? Listen to what they say when the car comes up.

Old 9/13/12, 10:28 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by db2797
The roar? lol...not with the Coyote. You ever watch Pass Time? Listen to what they say when the car comes up.
As if you can't find countless videos on Youtube of full exhaust 5.0's that are ridiculously loud.

I love the Coyote. I've been car shopping (researching) for over a year and a half, and for the last year or so I've been set on the GT. If something comes up and I need to lower my price range, I'll probably end up with a Genesis coupe or something.
Old 9/13/12, 10:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jmaStang
As if you can't find countless videos on Youtube of full exhaust 5.0's that are ridiculously loud.

I love the Coyote. I've been car shopping (researching) for over a year and a half, and for the last year or so I've been set on the GT. If something comes up and I need to lower my price range, I'll probably end up with a Genesis coupe or something.
I love the Coyote too and plan on adding one to track next year. But I'm being realistic. It's about as quiet of a V8 that you're going to find because of the technology that goes into the engine. A full aftermarket exhaust is a must in this car to bring out more of that "V8 roar".
Old 9/13/12, 10:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
- Slightly used kidney still for sale.
Old 9/13/12, 10:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
I will never ever ever ever ever again not buy the best I can with my money, or i will regret it.

Hated that my Beetle was a non turbo (though it was a manual convertible)

Hated that I settled on Impulse Blue for my GTO instead of just waiting for Orange.

My Mustang has every single option I wanted, and I wouldn't even dare consider the v6.
The best I can do with my money as a 20 year old is a premium v6, the best for my money is not a base 5.0 since it does not fit my needs.

Was it the 2.0? My girlfriend has that but it has tons of problems with only 50k miles and tons of maintenance. Nice little car when it works.

I'm glad you got what you wanted though and got the best bang for your buck. I am on the same boat.
Old 9/13/12, 10:54 PM
Banned

A year and a half? I didn't even keep my last car that long. Took me 2 weeks to narrow down to the car I wanted and 2 weeks to do my homework on it and find the best deal on it ( MSRP with all i got was 29197 + tax (31k) and I paid 26k for it out the door.
Old 9/13/12, 11:03 PM
GT Member

A year and a half? I didn't even keep my last car that long. Took me 2 weeks to narrow down to the car I wanted and 2 weeks to do my homework on it and find the best deal on it ( MSRP with all i got was 29197 + tax (31k) and I paid 26k for it out the door.
Haha I knew someone would call me out on that. I research things very thoroughly. I like to know what I'm buying, what the common problems are, what the less common problems are etc. At this point I feel like I know as much as any '11+ GT enthusiast. Plus I'm in my last year of college. I'd say a pre-owned premium GT is financially realistic for me, but I kind of want to get out of school before I buy it. I should be able to find a premium 2013 GT at a nice price by then.

And please don't think I'm talking down on the V6 or anything. It's just not what I want. I mean I'm in a I4 Altima coupe at the moment haha. I respect any driver who is passionate/humble about their vehicle.
Old 9/13/12, 11:24 PM
Banned

Haha I knew someone would call me out on that. I research things very thoroughly. I like to know what I'm buying, what the common problems are, what the less common problems are etc. At this point I feel like I know as much as any '11+ GT enthusiast. Plus I'm in my last year of college. I'd say a pre-owned premium GT is financially realistic for me, but I kind of want to get out of school before I buy it. I should be able to find a premium 2013 GT at a nice price by then.

And please don't think I'm talking down on the V6 or anything. It's just not what I want. I mean I'm in a I4 Altima coupe at the moment haha. I respect any driver who is passionate/humble about their vehicle.
Oh no worries!
Well don't think for too long because they will disappear or have alot of miles on it. I'm surprised that you've done SO much research yet you're still buying used! I will never go near another used car again, I've had my fair share of those. Especially a mustang!! People don't buy them to drive them from point a to point b , people buy them to beat on them and go fast(or attempt to)

Quick Reply: Am I the only one?...