2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

All 2011 Mustangs on hold

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/10, 06:15 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I got an e-mail from my car salesman last night. My ETA is still for April 23rd.
Old 4/20/10, 06:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up Shaun
Old 4/20/10, 07:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dragstart
That was where I saw the the biggest group of bad attitudes ever! You know you're getting paid no matter what. Even if you're in the brig. We had an unofficial group that many belonged to. FTA. Got one like that in the Navy?
Maybe the Navy is different... but if the Air Force sends you to jail for any period of time, chances are more than good that they're gonna keep a good chunk of your pay whilst you're there.
Old 4/20/10, 07:37 AM
Bullitt Member

How do these threads get so off topic.............
Old 4/20/10, 07:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rk2112
How do these threads get so off topic.............
We are in a world of rampant ADHD!
Old 4/20/10, 07:45 AM
V6 Member

I just got off the phone with Ford: (800) 392-3673

My car was finished being built on the 14th. Original delivery date was the 17th, got moved to this weekend, now delayed 1 more week till the 1st of May. If the delay is 1 week ... I'm ok with it. Anyone else with similar stories?
Old 4/20/10, 07:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dragstart
That's bull**** to imply it's somehow the fault of union labor.

I was in the military, as you are.

That was where I saw the the biggest group of bad attitudes ever! You know you're getting paid no matter what. Even if you're in the brig. We had an unofficial group that many belonged to. FTA. Got one like that in the Navy?
I'm not trying to blame it on the unions, but to say that they haven't spawned a sense of excessive entitlement and lack of focus on the job is a bit unrealistic IMHO. They certainly aren't doing the American manufacturers' quality image any favors. How many references to throwing loose bolts in door panels have you seen in this thread so far?

I'm judging, based on your acronym, that you were in the Army? If so, I can certainly see where the attitude comes from; the Army sucks. I'm attached to an Army unit as we speak (31st brigade, 5-5 ADA) and wearing ACUs and everything, and the experience has dramatically improved my outlook on the Navy. I think I would rather put a bullet through my head than spend 4 years in the Army.

There's a big difference between the brig and jail; you still get paid (albeit not much) in the brig - if you go to jail (which means Ft. Leavenworth), you lose all pay and allowances. And while we don't have an official "FTN" group, the sentiment is shared (silently) by many. There are moments.

But I stand by my point; it's not a big deal.
Old 4/20/10, 07:54 AM
Bullitt Member

I called and they said my vehicle is in production, still no window sticker though lol
Old 4/20/10, 07:57 AM
V6 Member

Subscribing to keep informed.
Old 4/20/10, 08:12 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Nihl
I just got off the phone with Ford: (800) 392-3673

My car was finished being built on the 14th. Original delivery date was the 17th, got moved to this weekend, now delayed 1 more week till the 1st of May. If the delay is 1 week ... I'm ok with it. Anyone else with similar stories?
Our first '11 (V6 coupe) got its ETA bumped from 4/23 to 4/29, so a week like you. Our first '11 GT500 is showing an ETA of 5/11, and that has not changed. Still waiting for an ETA for our first '11 GT (so far, only one has been pulled and serialized).
Old 4/20/10, 08:35 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm going to call later on and see what the new ETA of my GT is. Was originally told 4/30. I can handle a week delay. Hell, I've been waiting 20 years to get one, another week won't kill me. (hopefully)
Old 4/20/10, 08:50 AM
V6 Member

I have to admit. I got pushed to a 2011 in December when I ordered a 2010 and they had already stopped making them at the end of 2009. I was ticked and I really didn't want to order this new engine. Now there are 'issues' and my car has already been made. Should I be worried? Was I right? All of my coworkers keep making me feel like I made a mistake and I'm getting an already broken vehicle. This is my first new car... it's been a horrible experience from day 1.

I'm not tweaking out, but all of the magic has been sapped out of it and I'm waiting for it to turn out to be even more of a nightmare when I finally get her.
Old 4/20/10, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
I'm not trying to blame it on the unions, but to say that they haven't spawned a sense of excessive entitlement and lack of focus on the job is a bit unrealistic IMHO. They certainly aren't doing the American manufacturers' quality image any favors. How many references to throwing loose bolts in door panels have you seen in this thread so far?

I'm judging, based on your acronym, that you were in the Army? If so, I can certainly see where the attitude comes from; the Army sucks. I'm attached to an Army unit as we speak (31st brigade, 5-5 ADA) and wearing ACUs and everything, and the experience has dramatically improved my outlook on the Navy. I think I would rather put a bullet through my head than spend 4 years in the Army.

There's a big difference between the brig and jail; you still get paid (albeit not much) in the brig - if you go to jail (which means Ft. Leavenworth), you lose all pay and allowances. And while we don't have an official "FTN" group, the sentiment is shared (silently) by many. There are moments.

But I stand by my point; it's not a big deal.
Yeah, I did see a reference to loose bolts thrown in fenders in this thread, (or was it the Brembo thread?), I made it. It was sarcasm.
Old 4/20/10, 08:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Nihl
I have to admit. I got pushed to a 2011 in December when I ordered a 2010 and they had already stopped making them at the end of 2009. I was ticked and I really didn't want to order this new engine. Now there are 'issues' and my car has already been made. Should I be worried? Was I right? All of my coworkers keep making me feel like I made a mistake and I'm getting an already broken vehicle. This is my first new car... it's been a horrible experience from day 1.

I'm not tweaking out, but all of the magic has been sapped out of it and I'm waiting for it to turn out to be even more of a nightmare when I finally get her.
Your coworkers drive civics and srt4's, don't they?

No you didn't make a mistake. You really think the camaro and challenger didn't have any flaws coming down the production line? It's a week delay, it isn't going to kill us. They're just trying to make the car 100% flawless for you, the customer, before it ships. Would you rather have it recalled and sit in the shop for a few weeks with people who don't know much about the new model or fixed at the factory before it's shipped?
Old 4/20/10, 09:04 AM

I just called Ford's customer service, and my ETA is May 4th. That sounds good to me.

They said that it was getting the trim lines put on? I'm not sure what that is? I didn't order it with any strips or anything....

Originally Posted by kierankelly
I'm going to call later on and see what the new ETA of my GT is. Was originally told 4/30. I can handle a week delay. Hell, I've been waiting 20 years to get one, another week won't kill me. (hopefully)
Old 4/20/10, 09:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Falchion
I just called Ford's customer service, and my ETA is May 4th. That sounds good to me.

They said that it was getting the trim lines put on? I'm not sure what that is? I didn't order it with any strips or anything....
I think that means interior.
Old 4/20/10, 09:08 AM

Oh OK thanks!

Originally Posted by Source
Old 4/20/10, 09:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Yah, you must have order 401a or 402 ya?
Old 4/20/10, 09:16 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm getting a little worried here. I called the 800 number yesterday and my car is built, but the ETA is still 4/10????

The rep said my ETA won't update again, that seems a little strange. So at least you all are getting updated ETA's, Ford is basically telling me they have no idea when it will arrrive, since it stil shows it was supposed to be there 2 weeks ago almost.
Old 4/20/10, 09:22 AM
V6 Member

Your coworkers drive civics and srt4's, don't they?

No you didn't make a mistake. You really think the camaro and challenger didn't have any flaws coming down the production line? It's a week delay, it isn't going to kill us. They're just trying to make the car 100% flawless for you, the customer, before it ships. Would you rather have it recalled and sit in the shop for a few weeks with people who don't know much about the new model or fixed at the factory before it's shipped?
Oh don't get me wrong. I rather have the delay then put the car in the shop. What I'm saying is are there issues with this motor already, and this is a car that's been fixed rather than a new car. Is this usual or does this already mean there are issues with this car. I haven't gone through this process before, so are they handling it well? Does this always happen? Is this a bad sign?

Quick Reply: All 2011 Mustangs on hold