2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Aftermarket Parts Warranted by Ford soon?

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/13, 01:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Parts Warranted by Ford soon?

Hey everyone, while I was at my dealer last week one of the finance guys was telling me that Ford is gonna roll out with warranty plans that would cover and keep aftermarket parts from voiding the factory warranty. I was just wondering if any of you heard the same thing or if Deysha and the Ford customer service reps on here could shed some light on this.
Old 5/6/13, 01:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Sure... and I have some land I'd like to sell you (when the tide goes out).

Why would Ford want anything to do with warranting any product they don't make and/or test? And why would they give up the right to refuse warranty coverage for a problem caused by a product beyond their control? Warranty expense is already a major portion of costs so they have no reason to expose themselves to additional costs unnecessarily.

Tell the dealer he's dreaming (or lying).
Old 5/6/13, 02:02 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup, don't hold your breath waiting for anything like that to happen. If it were to happen the warranty would cost more than the parts it covers.
Old 5/6/13, 02:02 PM
Cobra Member

I didn't go into details about it as I wanted to talk more about the contract for the car I was ordering. Maybe there is more to it but I'll find out when my car gets here. I have been doing business with this dealership for years now so maybe he is blowing smoke but they have never lied before. Maybe he just meant warranty through a 3rd party like they do with the Service contracts.
Old 5/6/13, 09:26 PM
GT Member

Ford Racing is already doing this with there supplemental warranty such as the 3/36 I got with my Pro-Cal...
Old 5/7/13, 06:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Ford Motor Company and Ford Racing Parts are two separate companies. In fact, Ford doesn't even extend warranty coverage to FRC parts so why would they cover other aftermarket parts?

Much like some other aftermarket suppliers, FRC warrants their own parts and that their parts will not cause damage to original equipment when properly installed (by a dealer). So they cover OEM parts for which Ford may deny coverage based on the aftermarket (FRC) part causing the claim.
Old 5/7/13, 10:10 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Hey everyone, while I was at my dealer last week one of the finance guys was telling me that Ford is gonna roll out with warranty plans that would cover and keep aftermarket parts from voiding the factory warranty. I was just wondering if any of you heard the same thing or if Deysha and the Ford customer service reps on here could shed some light on this.
Originally Posted by Bullitt 3309
Ford Racing is already doing this with there supplemental warranty such as the 3/36 I got with my Pro-Cal...
Hey guys,

As we already know, Ford Racing Parts have their own warranties on their products. As for us putting out an ESP that covers any/all aftermarket parts… I don’t see that coming. However, you should always speak to your servicing Ford dealer before adding any aftermarket parts to your vehicle.

Deysha
Old 5/7/13, 10:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hey guys,

As we already know, Ford Racing Parts have their own warranties on their products. As for us putting out an ESP that covers any/all aftermarket parts… I don’t see that coming. However, you should always speak to your servicing Ford dealer before adding any aftermarket parts to your vehicle.

Deysha
What about a ROUSH bolt on Axle Back Exhaust ?
Old 5/7/13, 12:38 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by WAJM
What about a ROUSH bolt on Axle Back Exhaust ?
Aftermarket parts don’t automatically void any of your warranties, WAJM. However, if they cause a concern, that specific repair will not be covered. You can refer to your Warranty Guide on page 13 for further info, which is why I recommend speaking with your servicing dealer before installing any aftermarket parts to your vehicle.

Deysha
Old 5/7/13, 05:57 PM
Cobra Member

Got it! Thanks for the input