2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

After two year of regret I found my old Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 1/21/14, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup let her go. The new 14 car are better and faster. What you are pining for is the memories.Todays Mustang is the best they ever made.Get one
Old 1/21/14, 09:02 PM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by midlife-stanger
Yup let her go. The new 14 car are better and faster. What you are pining for is the memories.Todays Mustang is the best they ever made.Get one
But the 15 will be even better
Old 1/21/14, 09:16 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by lsxjunkie
Mostly I'd be worried about how badly the car was beat on for the two years it was out of my hands. I'd get a different car.

I agree, it's the same car but it wont be the same after others have had their evil way with it, time to move on.
Old 1/21/14, 10:32 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
I'd go get it- but i'm goofy sentimental about cars too...theyre like old pets or something.

if its bugged you that much, at least, AT LEAST, go check it out- dont let it eat at you any longer... cheap one day trip, if its been altered beyond YOUR recognition, say bye and go home- if you still want it, drive that puppy home

my first ordered 06 had after a 3 month delay, bumped to a priority 1 DORA with my name on it, the darn delivery guy dropped a ramp on it at unloading, smashed the decklid/quarter, couldnt even get a test drive...in my case, losing that car was best thing that coulda happened to me as I'd obsessed over it way too much for months...had I gotten it, it woulda owned me- but I gotta admit I still wonder what ever became of old 1zvft82h5134068 after it was repaired... all these yrs, still recall the vin- and my memory truly sucks... think i was obsessed?

now we got 3 of the darn things... love these cars, but they are just cars- they wont last forever, neither will we, might as well find one that trips your trigger and enjoy the heck out of it
Old 1/22/14, 07:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Let it go, I speak from a realistic perspective without any sentimental value behind it.
Personally, going after a 2010 model, even with a supercharger is a mistake in itself, I mean who wants one of the cars that will go in history as "that model" that you should not even waste time on with its outdated/under performing engine. I think you made a good choice getting rid of it, get a 2011-2014 or even the 2015 and you will be much more happy with that choice.
Old 1/22/14, 10:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Well that's a kick in the teeth to 2010 owners. I guess my 09 is junk also.
Old 1/22/14, 05:10 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
He started the thread and never told us what he's going to do about the car. Any update.
Old 1/22/14, 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

I think the best thing to do is to go visit her, take her for a test drive and see if she still rides and feels the way u remember her. If she doesnt feel the same, then let her go.

As for I have a similar story. 2004 mustang v6 pony package red. She was my first car and mustang. She was brand new and gave me a good 8 years. Then I decided to trade her in so my wife and I could get a 2012 ford edge. After my father in law found out what they were going to give us he offered to buy it off me for almost double the price. He then polished her up (re did the interior, fixed the bumper, smoked out the lights, and re painted it). After having her around for 2 months sold it to a guy who kept asking to buy it. The good thing is that he s an older guy and really babies her from what I hear, even opened her up and redid all the sealants.

Anyways My brother in law saw her the other day and sent me a pic. I wish I would have kept her and could have had her next to my current 2012 gt. In my case though, I dont think this guy would sell her back. At least I know she s in good hands but still wish I could have her back.
Old 1/22/14, 10:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CCTking

Sometimes its not about having the newer or faster model. Its the emotional attachment you get with a car you truly care about. Doing your own work, giving it some TLC every weekend. Its the bond a man and his car achieve. I cried when i lost my car to the fault of an inattentive driver blowing through a stop sign. So when theres a bond formed between a man and his car, theres no real way to seperate them. He found this car after two years! Thats dedication and that makes me proud to share this space with true enthusiasts

OP, if you can swing it GO FOR IT! Shes not gonna be there forever so jump on the chance ASAP.
I can absolutely relate to having an emotional attachment to a car. Perhaps ones mustang is not the fastest, huge HP or latest and greatest but it has something that no other car has. Ones personal touches, and personal vision. The time and effort you put into making your ride the way you want it. The time and effort to choose your exact mods, how it will sound , the right wheels , right decals, tint, plasti dip, etc. You get an emotional attachment to your ride as if you would be cheating on her to think about trading her in for a newer model.

I too have spent a lot of time and emotions hand picking the exact look and mods I wanted for my stang and even if she is far from being the fastest, I couldn't trade her in at this point. Not even for a newer faster model. I wouldn't want to start all over from scratch and have such an emotional affection for my ride.
Old 1/22/14, 10:48 PM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
I can absolutely relate to having an emotional attachment to a car. Perhaps ones mustang is not the fastest, huge HP or latest and greatest but it has something that no other car has. Ones personal touches, and personal vision. The time and effort you put into making your ride the way you want it. The time and effort to choose your exact mods, how it will sound , the right wheels , right decals, tint, plasti dip, etc. You get an emotional attachment to your ride as if you would be cheating on her to think about trading her in for a newer model. I too have spent a lot of time and emotions hand picking the exact look and mods I wanted for my stang and even if she is far from being the fastest, I couldn't trade her in at this point. Not even for a newer faster model. I wouldn't want to start all over from scratch and have such an emotional affection for my ride.
When i saw her being taken away on the flatned, bits and pieces still falling off and fluid dripping as well, i felt a small part of me died. She only had 38k on the clock (17k when i bought it in 2010). New looking paint but badly swilred and a few chips here and there. Thats where i picked up the art of detailing. I made her look brand new and even borrowed a friends steam cleaner to blast every surface inside and in the trunk and even the engine bay and rims/tires! I made her look like she just rolled off the factory floor. I bought borla's after 2 months of ownership, bought the tuner from BAMA the next month, then gave her a full audio upgrade two weeks later. Put her on springs and new shocks/struts as the stock ones were just OLD. New headlights, poloshed up the tailights, added tint to all glass and even the third brake light.

Im tellin ya anytime i got behind the wheel of another vehicle, i felt my car wouldnt start for a bit or just act funny because it knew i was driving another car! I tracked as far as i could seeing what would happen to it and last check was at a scrapyard where it was smashed, crushed, and sold bit by bit as scrap metal. Darn near broke my heart
Old 1/23/14, 04:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lp9820
In January of 2012 I foolishly decided to sell my 2010 GT and I have regretted it immediately and every day since then. Not counting the one I had for three weeks before it was totaled it was my first new Mustang and the only car I grew attached to. It was also the first and only car I put time and money into with almost weekly detailing, adding GT500 wheels , exhaust and a Roush M90 supercharger. A few months after selling I contacted the person I sold the car to but found out that he had already traded the car in and the dealer had sold the car a few days before I contacted him. I started checking craigslist and using google to look up the vin incase the car came back up for sale. I eventually found out about checkmyride.com and learned that the car was registered in Georgetown SC. I kept checking craigslist hoping the car would come back up for sale but with no luck. This past Saturday I looked up the vin again and I noticed more results then usual. After two years of regret I finally found it... a 1,000 miles away in Lewisville TX. I'm tempted to either drive out and trade my Focus ST or try to sell the car locally and fly out before the dealer can sell the car. Taken the day it was purchased: The car now:
Now this is a love story. Track it down and buy her back.
Old 1/23/14, 04:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Sometimes its not about having the newer or faster model. Its the emotional attachment you get with a car you truly care about. Doing your own work, giving it some TLC every weekend. Its the bond a man and his car achieve. I cried when i lost my car to the fault of an inattentive driver blowing through a stop sign. So when theres a bond formed between a man and his car, theres no real way to seperate them. He found this car after two years! Thats dedication and that makes me proud to share this space with true enthusiasts OP, if you can swing it GO FOR IT! Shes not gonna be there forever so jump on the chance ASAP.
this.
Old 1/23/14, 04:32 AM
Bullitt Member

When i saw her being taken away on the flatned, bits and pieces still falling off and fluid dripping as well, i felt a small part of me died. She only had 38k on the clock (17k when i bought it in 2010). New looking paint but badly swilred and a few chips here and there. Thats where i picked up the art of detailing. I made her look brand new and even borrowed a friends steam cleaner to blast every surface inside and in the trunk and even the engine bay and rims/tires! I made her look like she just rolled off the factory floor. I bought borla's after 2 months of ownership, bought the tuner from BAMA the next month, then gave her a full audio upgrade two weeks later. Put her on springs and new shocks/struts as the stock ones were just OLD. New headlights, poloshed up the tailights, added tint to all glass and even the third brake light. Im tellin ya anytime i got behind the wheel of another vehicle, i felt my car wouldnt start for a bit or just act funny because it knew i was driving another car! I tracked as far as i could seeing what would happen to it and last check was at a scrapyard where it was smashed, crushed, and sold bit by bit as scrap metal. Darn near broke my heart
**** onions
Old 1/23/14, 03:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FWIW; the car is still on ebay. it has 6 watchers.

I still have my two 2010's and wouldn't trade either for a 11-14 Mustang or the 15 Fustang whenever it shows up.
Old 1/23/14, 05:08 PM
GT Member

Thanks for letting me in on this checkmyride site. I didn't know there even was a way to track down old cars I've had. I just wish I had the vin for a 65 corvette I had many years ago. That car I would track down and try to reclaim.